Fatigue/UTI's and allergies
I have an allergy to dust mites and maple trees.  For ten years I have been struggling with unexplained fatigue coinciding with allergy season and urinary tract infections (no white blood cells, just red blood cells).  My urologist puts me on an antibiotic which does not take away the fatigue.  Every fall (when we close up the house) and spring (when maple trees blossom) I have times when I have to lay down every so often.  It's a washed out feeling that does not go away with a night's sleep.  Could my fatigue and UTI's be caused by allergies?
Thanks for the question. Do you have food allergies? Allergy is one of the many factors that may cause fatigue. The overactive immune system response associated with allergies can be taxing on the body and cause fatigue. By avoiding environmental and food allergies, you can improve not only the allergies, but also the fatigue. Antibiotic treatment and prophylaxis could help with the UTI. Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you so much for enlightening me of my problem.  No other doctor I've been to in the past ten years or more (endocrinologists, urologists, general practictioners)  have had this insight about the connection between my fatigue, UTI's  and allergies.  I know I have allergies to dust mites and other environmental allergens as I've been tested.  I did not know the immune system would be compromised by this.  I have been in Key West for months at a time (no dust) and am without symptoms...both fatigue and UTI's.  I do not know if I have food allergies.  But being away from the environmental allergens has helped  totally.  Thanks so much.  

How are you? It's good that you are doing fine. Although there are no direct relationships of recurrent UTIs with allergies yet, urinalysis and urine culture can help  identify which bacteria is responsible for your recurrent UTI. In adult women, though, the rate of UTIs gradually increases with age. This could also be due to the urethrais anatomy. It is short, allowing bacteria quick access to the bladder and urethral opening is near sources of bacteria from the anus and vagina.

If you have frequent recurrences (three or more a year) you can discuss with your doctor the following treatment options: low doses of an antibiotic daily for 6 months or longer. a single dose of an antibiotic after sexual intercourse; or a short course (1 or 2 days) of antibiotics when symptoms appear. This is important to prevent infection from reaching your kidneys. Whichever, I'm glad that by avoiding your environmental allergies, your UTI and fatigue symptoms have improved. Take care and regards.