Allergy Community
Flu Shot Allergy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flu Shot Allergy

I can't get the flu shot because I have a systemic reaction within 4-6 hours of vaccination. Angioedema, Wheezing, Respiratory Distress, Lightheaded, Coughing,  I am NOT allrgic to eggs. Other allergies are Cat/Dog dander.  No seasonal allergies to pollen and no drug allergies.  Every piece of info I read, about the flu shot and recommendation states "people who are allergic to eggs or another component in the vaccination shout not get the flu shot".  What are the other components?  What could it be?  I want to say that a few yers back maybe 2008 states that the flu shot is not reccomended for patient that have asthma.  Maybe my imagination, but it isn't there any more.  I was diagnoses with athleticly induced asthma when I was younger, never really used an inhailer on the regular. Still don't today.  So tha asthma is controlled. Not currently on any medication, so sig medical hx to speak of.  What could be the problem?
Tags: Flu
209987_tn?1418913008
Not too sure what they put in those things, but I do know that my third oldest son has asthma and can't handle shots either.
Perhaps someone working at a health unit could answer your questions better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank