Allergy Community
Flu shot reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Flu shot reaction

Recently my adult son got a flu shot.  Not long after receiving the shot, he felt tingling and numbness in his hands and feet, and shortly thereafter developed hives on his legs.  All side effects stopped after a few days.  Does this mean that he should not get a flu shot in the future.  He is not allergic to eggs.  I had a milder reaction myself, tingling in the lips and nausea, which passed within hours.  My husband had hot and cold flashes and muscle aches.  This is the first time any of us have ever had any kind of trouble with a flu shot and we have been taking them for over a decade.  However, our reactions this time have me somewhat worried.  Thank you for any answers you can provide.
Best wishes,
Le