Allergy Community
Food allergies cause swollen lymph glands
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Food allergies cause swollen lymph glands

Yeaterday I had sushi and within 2 hrs my lymph gland under my chin and the back of my head were swollen and slightly painful.

Anyone else that has food allergies, is this common?

I used to get swollen lymph glands before and was tested via blood and CT and by an endocrinologist and no concerns. Used to have sushi a lot during that time, but haven't had in a long time - and then last night they instantly got swollen again. Wondering if I'm allergice to raw salmon, shrimp and crab (that is what I had).

I might have to got get a blood test done to determine.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It’s unlikely that food allergies can cause swollen glands. Lymph node enlargement is usually due to infections like bacterial and viral. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs.
Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
I have the same problem. For about a year I have had swollen glands appear under the jawline and at the base of my skull. I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Went to the doc's and had an MRI but nothing was found. I was put on antibiotics and it went away but it always cleared up within 24 hours without meds. Finally I noticed, the last 2 times it occurred I had eaten lobster. Last night being the most recent. I had also eaten Linguine with White Clam sauce the day before. Could it be an allergic reaction to shell fish?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank