Allergy Community
Fruit allergies.. is there a way out?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Fruit allergies.. is there a way out?

I am allergic, in the way that it makes my throat and mouth itch a lot, to cherries, peaches, (<- those two make me itch like crazy), bananas, avocados, apples, strawberries, and plums. I am allergic to some other fruits as well but it depends...it's just sometimes. Is there a specific allergy that connects to all those fruits? and is there a way to get rid of it, or lessen the effects? I think i have pollen allergies as well because i sneezed a lot during the spring. and i got the fruit allergy a few years ago one by one. i am fifteen now. I love all those fruits but now i can't eat them.. any way?
You are definitely allergic. But its pretty unusual to be allergic to the range of fruits you hav described. Try one fruit at a time in small amounts and slowly increase the amount. This helps building tolerance.
Avatar n tn
thanks!