Gluten intolerance and eczema
Had gluten intolerance diagnosed about six weeks ago, and before that had candida for almost eight years and presumably still have. About eight weeks ago eczema started to spread, first on my chest, then in the following weeks to my arms, neck and legs and lastly to my back. It has just been getting worse and worse, right up to now. On hearing of the gluten intolerance I immediately ceased (6 wks ago) eating all foodstuffs with gluten, wheat, rye, barley, oats, etc., etc. I was quite shocked, however, to find that the eczema did not get better but much worse. I don't really understand this. Does this mean that something else is in disorder? Or perhaps does it mean that the leaky-gut syndrome pointed out by my home doctor had got so far that practically any and all toxins get into the blood stream? It's very hard indeed to find out what foods I am allergic to, because I react with absolutely terrible itchiness and eczema rash all over my  body to so many different foods. Sometimes the reaction is immediately, sometimes after several hours. This is really most distressing, my doctor(s) don't seem to be able to help much at all.

Would be very grateful indeed for any responses.

After seeing a number of dermatologists without any real success in curing with the eczema, a determatologist at the Mayo Clinic did the allergy patch test series on me.  The allergic culprits were finally identified, formaldahyde, spandex/latex, nickle and a few others, but the formaldahyde and spandex were the worse.  We changed all of our products in our house that contain formaldahyde such as laundry detergents, fabric softeners (eliminated this altogether and only use a small amount of white vinegar as a fabric softener), dish detergent, shampoos, conditioners, deoderant, cosmetics, etc.  Any new clothing is generally cotton and is washed and rinsed several times before wearing as most clothing and fabrics are treated with formaldahyde.  Find someone who takes your eczema seriously enough to find what is triggering it.  Until my experience with the Mayo Clinic, not a single dermatologist suggested allergy testing.  Too many doctors do not believe in allergies.
I'm not a doctor but In my experience, my eczema was unrelated to my gluten intolerance.  After seeing a few doctors one finally agreed to patch test me for allergens like latex, nickel, etc., and it turned out that I'm allergic to potassium dichromate (in tanned leather and green dye), carba mix (rubber accelerator), thimerosal and nickel. My eczema is starting to clear up now that I know to avoid these substances, but it does take awhile for the allergens to leave the body.

If you've already tried the "normal' topical eczema treatments with no success, I suggest asking to be tested for allergies.  If it's an allergy it won't go away until you stop coming in contact with the allergen.  
It is unbelievable how doctors do not take these intolerances seriously.  I cannot wear anything with latex, spandex, elastine, nylon etc.  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find women's clothing without spandex? Virtually IMPOSSIBLE.  I suffer so badly in the winter because I cannot wear pants because they all have spandex and panty hose cause terrible irritation.  It's so bad, its distracting, I can't focus at work and suffer terribly.  There are times its so bad I have to remove my panty hose in the dead of winter.

Clothing manufacturers have to be made accountable for these allergic reactions to this man-made product.

***@****