Has anyone taken Prednisone before?
I've had an allergic reaction to penicillin, I've heard four different things from different doctors regarding what I should have done. i went in to see a doctor the other day and the guy didn't even look at my rash/hives... he prescribe prednisone a 5 steroid twice a day 20mg. I took one yesterday at 3pm.. and still the hives are horrible..As well I took a benadryl before bed.. a lot of good that did... I will start the 2nd day cycle today on the prednisone..

Has anyone ever taken Prednisone before for an allergic reaction to Penicillin?
Same thing happened to me and the prednisone made me sick aswell and so did the anti histimes I get a stomach problem each time, I 6 months later am searching for naswers I have found that Aloe Vera Gel soothes the hives Try it, it wont cure them , but it helps. Put Urticaria into your search engine to see if you can get information, all the Meds they dish out and the Expensive trups to the Allergist have not worked for me I am trying to let this thing take its course,looking up anything in Natural'Remedies. Good luck,, some help on the thread here that starts w July 25th ,the posts are very helpful, they put me onto Aloe Vera.
The thread starts  Chronic Hives its started by bwd
sorry bwb