Allergy Community
Hayfever vs Asthma?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hayfever vs Asthma?

Hi there, recently ive been feeling a little more out of place than usual. i've had hayfever for years but every year i always seem to think the worst, or that its getting worse.

At the moment i'm just wanting to know is severe hayfever symptoms a normal occurance? i'm taking the most powerful over the counter tablets i can find, but im still getting headaches, coughing, and generally restlessness. i'm going away to portugal in a week's time so i doubt i'd be able to get an appointment at the docor's in time,
ive heard of people that have ended up getting asthma through hayfever, and wondered if any of the symptoms i desribed were that of asthma, i'm also very wheezy, i take a deep breath my chest rumbles ect.

thank's for reading :-)
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Hay fever, allergies and asthma are all interrelated. If your chest rumbles on breathing then there is a chance you have asthma. It is important to know what you are allergic to. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, synthetic fiber, cosmetics or drugs. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what you are allergic to. Treatment will depend on whether it is hay fever or asthma. Hayfever is allergic rhinitis with sneezing, running nose, nasal congestion, itch in eye or nose.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...