Aa
A
A
Close
Head bumps allergy
When ever I take any allopathy medicine for common cold like symptoms after few hours (1-3) itchy bumps appear on my head which are very itchy at times. So before taking allopathy medications I have to take 'Avil 5.0' so as to avoid this allergy. I am 55 years old female.

Please advise as I cnnot take any allopathy medicines at all.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1355118 tn?1298568479
Hi, welcome to the forum, you have a history of drug allergy. It is quite rare one having allergy to all the medication. In such cases you need to keep anti histaminics with you so as to prevent allergic reactions. Drugs like penicillin and sulfa group of drugs are most common cause for hypersensitivity reaction. Even pain killers are known to cause the allergy in some individuals.

You also need to rule out Atopic dermatitis, Contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, foliculitis, psorasis, seborrheic dermatitis etc.. Also any previous history of eczema, asthma, and allergic rhinitis should also be taken in to consideration. Glucocorticoids and Topical calcineurin inhibitors with anti-histaminic against prescription may help to alleviate these symptoms. You can massage scalp with medicated oil against prescription to improve blood circulation. Avoid scratching of scalp to avoid spread. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist. Take care and regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
Top Asthma Answerers
209987 tn?1451939065
Blank