Headache and pain shooting through eye
First, there wasn't an appropriate topic available above so please do not think this may be sinus related.  
Has anyone ever experienced a really bad headache on one side of their head and then all of the sudden a pain shoots from the headache area to the eye.  I experience this the other night and scared me to death.  The pain came from the headache area and I actually felt it travel to the back of my eye and then all of the sudden I felt the pain shoot through my and out the front of my eye.  I can actually feel it travel.  Back ground on my heath, diabeties, high cholesterol, cyst in my mastoid area (same side as headache) which I am recently taking meds for diabetes and cholesterol.  Any one experience anything like this???
Such type of headache can be due to tension headache or cluster headache. Cluster headache is severe headache, is rapid, pain is boring in quality and may cause severe shooting pain in the eye and sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi Betsey.
Yes, Over 30 years of them. Called cluster headaches, & u need to see a good neurolist. First 1 , i ever got, was so extremely painful, i thought of shooting myself.(also known as suicide headaches) Usually seasonal, set off by notious fumes, or tobacco, & alcohol. Verapamil, & a predizone therapy, in  the USA, is about only therapy i know of todate. Also some control from ritalin. If this has only happenned to you once, then it is possible you did not experience same headaches, cas they usually come around same time of day. Hope this helps