Allergy Community
Help, bad allergies and feels like i'm in a dream? Is this normal?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Help, bad allergies and feels like i'm in a dream? Is this normal?

Hi everyone I hope I can find someone that can relate to what I'm feeling so I know its nothing to worry about.

For the last week or so my allergies have been worse and that I can usually deal with but a couple days ago I began to feel a new kinda disturbing symptom. It all started a few nights ago when I had barely gotten any sleep and in the middle of the night I woke up out of a deep sleep and felt very disoriented, scared, and like everything was unreal. It was the strangest, freakiest feeling I've ever had.

It went almost completely away in about an hour and I went back to sleep. But ever since then this feeling that things aren't quite right hasn't gone away. I feel cloudy headed, spacey, and really out of it. Everything seems a little strange and unreal and its freaking me out.

I should mention I also have some problems with anxiety so maybe that's what this is, but my allergies have been really bad so I was wondering if anyone else ever feels really out of it or like they're in a dream b/c of allergies?

Thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But its unlikely that the allergies and dreams are related. An occasional bad dream or nightmare is a common occurrence. However, if it persists, I suggest you consult your doctor to rule out sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. This can be assessed by a sleep questionnaire and therapy is based on the severity of symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.