Allergy Community
Help! What is wrong with the inside of my nose?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I suffer from allergies badly and I do take an OTC medication.It was my previous PCP who recommended it a few years back and it helps. Yea! The one problem I have that nothing helps is inside my nose. I've tried nasal steroid sprays to OTC sprays. Nothing, so far, has helped. It all started about 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. I had found a very tiny, hard scab inside my left nostril. I am not sure how I found it, I must have been digging around in my nose? So, I feel it and pick at it. It hurts. So, I ignore it. Well, thanks to my OCD I couldn't get it off my mind. I also suffer from anxiety and tend to pick at stuff on my body, my nails, cuticles, eczema on my scalp. I found myself picking at that scab. I was being gentle because it was tender, and wow was it tiny. Like the size of dot from a pen, if that makes sense? I broke the scab and wow did it bleed. Never experienced so much blood from my nose or from a tiny scab.It stopped, went away and honestly I forgot about it. Time went by and it may have been 6 months or even a year. Sure enough it was back. This time I ignored it and was good about it. A few years later started the dryness in the same area as that scab. That is when my MD started me on a nasal spray. I used that for maybe a month but didn't see much relief from that original area. It must have have been 7 years ago when the dryness got so bad that a new scab formed. This time it was flat and round. I started the picking at it and to this day it is still there, a bit rounder in size and even in my other nostril, in the same general area. It now bleeds when I remove the scab and then clot immediately. The blood drains down into my throat and I will cough out blood. I just don't know how to control the need to remove the scabs. I know it's my OCD that makes me pick at it. That and my anxiety. I also know what I am doing is bad for myself. I can go a day or 2 ignoring it but then I don't even realize it and I am pulling out a scab. I have tried to not give in and have found that 4 - 5 days later the scab will get big and hard and sharp. I find myself blowing my nose with a tissue or cleaning my nostril and when I hit it, it knocks out. Sure enough later that night the scab is back. Right now I don't have health insurance but have looked online numerous times as to what this may be. One thing I notice, after I remove the scab, it feels so much better. The whole thing is so weird. I read online at one time it may be nasal eczema. I don't know if that is it for sure, but that matched my symptoms the best. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
New Rule:  You can only go in there with a cotton swab with something soothing on it.  You can put Vaseline or clear 100% aloe vera on it.  No hard rubbing - just soft.  
I would suggest you make a rule that you can only go in there with a cotton swab with something on it.  You can use Vaseline or clear 100% aloe vera.  
Okay I will do that. Thank you for replying. I have not gone in there since yesterday and it is all dried out and bothering me like crazy. Will do the Vaseline now. Thank you.