Allergy Community
Help me stop sneezing and getting a sore throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Why do I get a sore throat and sneeze when I try to sort my clothes out in my wardrobe? Making it impossible to carry on and solutions or remedies?
Wear a filter mask when you do it?  do you think they were put away damp and mildewed?  Or are they just dusty?  Is that the only activity that causes the problem?  If so, a dust mask would be simplest.
Thanks very much, i'll try that.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to  allergic rhinitis, the symptoms are similar to a common cold, but they are usually more persistent and show seasonal variation. The individual responds to an allergen, which can be in many forms like dust and household mites. It appears that you are suffering from such a phenomenon.

You can tackle this problem in the following ways:  Prevention and Therapy during attacks.
For prevention: Try to maintain an allergen-free environment. Substitute all synthetic and cool materials with cotton ones. Remove all dust-collecting household articles like carpets, bedspreads etc. Alternatively an allergy specialist may try to identify the offending allergen and try to desensitize you.

Using low dose steroidal nasal sprays, are very effective. The steroid in the spray is very low and acts only locally. Two puffs in each nostril two times a days for about a month. The effect starts only after 2weeks of therapy.

Once an attack has occurred, the antihistamines like chlopheneramine, lovatidine are effective. Nasal decongestant drops too relieve congestion.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.