High IGE level
I was go to my doctor for the treatment of cough. My IGE level is 1143. can you please tell me that what are the side effect of that? How can i control it?
Hi, welcome to the forum, the normal IgE levels fall below 100. Any level above 500 is higher and is suggestive of allergy or parasitic infection. You are currently having abnormally high levels. Your symptoms are suggestive of atopic or allergic dermatitis.  It is usually seen secondary to exposure to allergen and subsequent reaction is mediated by IgE antibodies. Your body is known to hypersensitive to certain things. Hence, you can develop allergic reaction ranging from small rash, hives to life threatening anaphylactic shock.

Stinging insects, Aeroallergens (uncommon), Foods and additives like Milk, egg, peanuts, nuts, soy, and wheat are the most common agents to cause such allergic manifestations.

Measures for her to reduce IgE levels are-

- The triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided. Even a skin allergy test can be useful.
- Prompt treatment with anti histamines and glucorticoids during allergic attack.
- New intervention has come up which you can discuss with your doctor, i.e. Anti- IgE (omalizumab) and is promising.

I suggest you to consult to a skin specialist/ immunologist for further steps of management. Take care and regards.

Please suggest me the food to reduce my IGE level?
Hi, cough is mainly treated by cough suppressants which includes expectorants (if sputum present) or linctus codeine (if dry cough). These are quite safe, adverse effects like drowziness, nausea or vomiting and constipation can be encountered which dissapears once you stop the treatment. Keep diary for food intake, if you are allergic to certain food, you need to avoid that. Take care and regards.
Thanks,
My doctor told me yesterday that i can leave taking anti allergic medicine and give some multivitamins and Vitamin C tab and told that no need to come to him, as i m fine now. Can u plz suggest me that is there is any need for recheck my  IGE level or it will be controlled in 1 month treatment ?
Can u plz suggest me the food i can take to improve my immunity system. Because in the cold season i am becomming frequently Ill due to cold and cough.