Allergy Community
High IgE level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

High IgE level

My 3yr daughter has very high level of IgE. it is 792.14 lu/ml. My doctor perscribed me to go to anothor scin specialist.
so wtat should i do. Is it very much serious. plz suggest me..?
Tags: high ige
Hi!
Yes, please consult the skin specialist. High IgE levels can be dangerous as they can trigger a severe allergic reaction in presence of an allergen or substance that your daughter may be allergic to. Hence, it is important for her to take an allergy panel test to know what she is allergic to. Maybe even you may know if she is allergic to something—like she sneezes or coughs or has running nose or she scratches in a particular environment or after a particular meal etc. Also, in a three year old, it is important to get a stool test for worms. Often heavy worm load increases IgE levels. Do discuss this with the doctor you are referred to at the earliest. Please keep emergency anti-histamines for pediatric use with you (ask your doctor to prescribe one for your daughter) and please ask your doctor if you need to keep Epipen with you. Take care!
High level of IgE can be a result of some sort of infection or parasite also it can be that high because of some allergen that is constantly present in his environment or food (short list of most common allergens http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergen)... Changing of environment, like going to mountains or to seaside for some time can help.