Allergy Community
High SGPT in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

High SGPT in pregnancy

Hi, I am 27 weeks pregnant and was experiencing itching in legs and hands. my doc advised for a SGPT test and the result is 532 IU/L. Please suggest what suitable actions I may take to reduce this level in terms of diet specially? Also I would like to know if there will be any complications because of this in delivery?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The SGPT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. The effects on delivery will depend on the cause for the raised levels. There is no specific diet to reduce these levels. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.