Allergy Community
Hives and an occasional swollen lip
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hives and an occasional swollen lip

I am a 21 year old guy and with a quite healthy lifestyle (sports, food etc). Last year march it was my birthday and quite a bit of alcohol and energydrink (cheap version of redbull) was consumed. The next day my upperlip was completely swollen and as a vain person I didn't even dare to get out of the house. I assumed it was the combination of energydrink and alcohol so a few days later I tested it out (just to be sure) and no swollen lips at all. In the following weeks I had a few more allergic reactions (once swollen lips..and a couple of times I had hives on my wrists, legs, arms and ankle's). Then it suddenly stopped but appeared again somewhere in september.

I don't have swollen lips often (mostly I wake up with that), but I often have hives on my wrists, legs, arms and ankle's). The times they appear seem to be completely at random (home, friends house, outside etc). But if I sleep a lot (and I really mean a lot 9 hours at least), air circulation, drink a lot and take vitamine C then it's slightly less bad and it doesn't happen that often. When it does happen then I take vitamine C and drink quite a bit of water and that seems to help a bit. And I need a fan in my room for constant aircirculation which helps.

If anybody has the same or happens to know to what I am allergic to, that would be great. The hives are way too itchy and the swollen lips just look hideous =).

Thanks!