Allergy Community
Hives outdoors during daytime

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hives outdoors during daytime

Hi there, I am 22 years old and I would get serious Hive allergies on the areas that are exposed to the sun whenever I step outside as short as just 15min.  After an hour indoors, it would cool down and be normal again.  I dont think its sunburn.  This occurs only in the morning and aftenoon, but at night-time when its cooler I'm completely fine.  I went and did some tests with allergy specialists, and turns out i was allergic to grass, pollen, dust..etc  And they said theres nothing they can do =___= ;  This problem started only 2 years ago, and i was totally fine before then =/ and its been bothering me alot because I cant do any outdoor activities.  I try taking Antihistamine and wear long sleeves + pants to avoid this problem in the meantime.  But if theres anything I can do to help boost my immune system or fix this problem in the long run, please let me know! Thankss!
Welcome to the forum!
You are doing the right thing by keeping the skin covered. You can talk to the allergy specialist about immmuoglobulin therapy, whether there is a chance that you will improve by it. Also you can eat green vegetables, fruits to improve your immune system. Repeated exposure too can at times decrease the reaction over a period of time.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

This is very strange! I have had hives from the age of 16...from taking a shower...then going into a pool...anytime water was too cool  and not warm enough I would get hives...
I am much older now and have developed a very weird kind of hives...
If I go out and shop, when I carry the bags in I break out in hives on my fingers which touch the bags...or that make me reddened ...I just got in with bags, and my thumb and index finger have hives...Such a mystery...does anyone have this happen? They itch till I scratch and they are raised and white or red like a bite...
Appreciate any input...
Thanks,
Nursy71