Horrible Sinus Pressure, Pain, Dizziness, Vision Problems
Hi Everyone. This is my first post. I started having problems about 5 years ago. It was occasional problems such as mild sinus pain/pressure and headache with mild eye strain. Each year it has gotten worse. Over the course of the past 5 years I have seen multiple doctors across different specialites: Ears, Nose & Throat, Neurologist, Allergist, and my Intern. I have had MRI's and CT scans. This year has been the worst so far. I have already gotten 2 sinus infections. In February of this year I got a CT scan and the ENT doctor said I have a severe deviated septum with chronic sinusitis. I was treated for a sinus infection and that was it. I still felt bad so I went to a neurologist. He wrote it off as a vestibular problem. I did vestibular therapy for 2 months with almost no relief. In May when allergy season started, everything got worse. I have had nonstop sinus pressure/pain, headache, dizziness, major eye strain, my face is sore, my teeth are sore. At the beginning of July I went to an allergist. He said I was allergic to 3 types of trees, 4 grasses, dust, molds and very mild allergy to cats. He put me on Rhinocort. NO results. Then I went back to him after already dumping over $200 in co-pays and medication and he said I have a sinus infection. I just finished the antibiotics and I still feel the same as I did when I first went to him in July. He had me on amoxicillin plus Astelin. I have tried Nasacort, Zyrtec, Claritin, Alavert, etc.... no relief. I am a computer programmer and I can't function like this anymore. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
How did you treat Candida?  Is there any definitive test to tell if you have it?  The diet is so restrictive it's hard to follow, especially not knowing if it'll work.
  I have been suffering from increasingly worse sinus symptoms for almost 2 years now.  Worst is the pressure that seems to build at the top of my nose, and this 'fuzzy' feeling that makes my whole head/face feel inflamed.
I took some antibiotics, seemed to make things better for about a week and a half, but now I seem to be sensitive to sugar and especially beer.  Get a flush feeling in my head and can't concentrate at all!
26,m, i have been going through this for well over a year now. i have horrible pain /pressure in my cheeks ,forehead ,and eyes. ive been real dizzy at moments. ive seeen my primary doc 20 times 2 seperate ents a neurologist . ive had ct scan xrays every antibiotic known to man . at best felt ok for maybe 2 week span. but every time gets worst . my glands in my neck are buldging out . my vision gets hazy when pressure is bad i get these dizzy spells pretty much daily sometimes 1 sometimes 5 times a day. my nose seems pretty clear no drip cant blow anything. i am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. i just want some sort of relief. my ct scan says i have mild deviated septum and slight build up of mucus in maxofacial sinus,ENT says neither could be causeing my problems must see neurologist i went to see neuorologist he said i should go to Ent i give up any help???
I have many of the same symptoms as are mentioned here but am getting better (rocking sensation, apparent deviated septum per my ENT but no sinus trouble, blood shot retina and sore eyes, etc.) I am taking a two step approach to my problems: mercury amalgams and aspartame poisoning. Will post my story later as my treatment is still ongoing. Just wondering though, do all of you drink diet soda?
I have had what you have all described for years!! You all sound like me!! I have done the test, xrays, meds, everything. All for nothing. Until I met the Neti Pot!   Google it! You can pick one up at any health food store or online. Its a tea pot looking thing that you fill  with warm salt water. You flush you nose/ sinus with it. It is awesome! I have got my whole family hooked. What a relief!
The salt water flushes, reduces inflammation in the sinus, ears, nose, promotes drainage. Wonderful!
How long did you use it for before noticing improvements? Bought one of those and used it for a month with no noticeable improvements. After that, it's been great at watering my potted plants..
Has anyone here considered getting tested for sleep apnea? I have many of the same symptoms that many of you are describing and just found out I have sleep apnea and get terrible sleep. For the record I'm not overweight, my apnea just flairs up because my nose shuts during sleep thanks to my septum. I'm still awaiting my c-pap machine (this has all been diagnosed this past month, and it moves slow) but the one night I was tested and slept with the machine I awoke to no headaches, better posture, and sinus relief. I believe the machine actually helped dry out my sinus a bit too, and flushed it.
Bad sleep can cause a person tons of problem, and for people with sinus pressure, it only helps create more headaches.
Anyone else suffer from allergy related sinusitis?

I am and how my pressure problems and dizziness may not be as prominent as some of your's, I constantly feel drained of my energy and suffer from mild headaches.

Anyone share some symptoms?

-Logan
God...reading all of your comments I feel so bad for everyone. Because I too have been dealing with sinus pressure, dizziness, ear aches for the past month.  My ENT said he isn't sure if it's my Meniere's attacks (severe vertigo) returning (haven't had one in over 3 years since my treatments stopped).  I have been tracking the humidity and it seems I am worse when the humidity reaches 80% or higher.  I take Allegra and a nose spray daily.  My ENT says there is nothing he can do unless I have another "attack". (actual spinning with vomiting / diarhea).  

It is so frustrating because one minute I am fine (humidity low) and an hour later I am walking like a drunk and nauseous (humidity high).  Not sure if any of you have had the bad vertigo attacks but with those I never went anywhere alone, didn't drive for months and felt like a prisoner.  I am so afraid of that "fear" coming back.  Not sure what else to do.  

Hang in there all !  

Hang in there all !  
hello there!

i've read every single post! And i am suffering from sinus pressure, dizziness, which is very frustrating, for nearly 2 years now! I've also seen ENT's and had tests done, MRI, Sinus Scan, and also had operation last year for my deviated septum and turbinectormy.

Nothing has helped so far. However, i have just ordered a Netti Pot, to wash out my sinuses, as my fiance watched Oprah show and Dr. Oz got a woman who was suffering from sinus pain and bad headaches to wash her sinuses out daily for a week or so... Apparently the relief and the cure she had!

I will let you know, how i go with using my Netti Pot, as soon as it arrives in the mail! And i will let you all know if it is worthwile....

As we speak, i've got a throbbing forehead, and my eyes feel blurry, can't see porperly, and my ears feel blocked up...and my head feels like a zombies head, dizzy, full, congested....

I know we will get through this! We just must share and give each other help!

I live in Australia, Melbourne..

Hope and love to you all!
I'm 35 and have had allergies ever since we moved to Kentucky in 1977.  Things I've learned along the way are that places like Lowes and Wal Mart are really bad to go into for allergy sufferers.  I get burning eyes, a spacey feeling like I'm there, but not really there and then it's time to go!  My allergies have been extremely bad for the last 5 years or so.  I have taken countless rounds of antibiotics to the point of getting a male yeast infection from them (which by the way is not fun at all). Antibiotics help for awhile, but not in the long run.  Prednisone really helps but is too dangerous to use for a long time as it lowers your immune system.  I used to take allergy shots for a few years and after awhile it did help but I got to where I didn't take them faithfully and I quit after a time. The drawback to shots is that you get sick with allergies for a few days after taking a shot and then you feel better  for a few days until it is time to start over again.  However I will be taking them again soon.  I learned in college from my chemistry teacher that air polluiton is a major factor in allergies.  He taught us that the air polluiton from the Chicago area is carried to our area by the jet stream and then deposited on us.  To drive this point home, I did a google search for Mammoth Cave Park, which is 30 miles from me and discovered it is in the top 5 most air polluted parks in the U.S. with the Smoky Mtns being number one.  Just goes to show that you don't have to live in the city to deal with air pollution (I live in the country in south central KY).  Down here you can look out across the fields and see a haze that makes everything appear a bluish color-this is ozone which is air pollution which kills your sinuses.  Other things I've learned along the way is that if doctors healed us quickly we wouldn't need to keep coming back and therefore they wouldn't drive Ferraris and such.  It's in the best interest of a doctor to only give you temporary relief as this addicts you and you keep coming back for more.  Another thing is that doctors don't take the time to spend on our "difficult" cases to correctly diagnose us.  An example of this would be when you go to the doctor notice how many people are there and see if he/she spends more than 15 minutes on you when you're seen.  I learned that you need to do your own research on your illnesses so tha tyou can ask or rather insist that your doctor do certain tests to rule out other conditions that can contribute to allergies and sinus troubles.  Here's a good example for you.  In January I was treated for H. Pylori and after that developed acid reflux as well as a host of other ailments.  I saw no less that 15 doctors since then and alot of times was told "It's all in your head, here's some Zoloft".  I firmly belived it was not all in my head and researched the web.  I suspected I had an autoimmune thyroid disease based on the fact that my mom, dad and two sisters have thyroid problems.  I was tested for the typical tests-TSH, T3, Free T4 which always came back normal- I was tested no less than 12 times-all normal- but through research I found that with an autoimmune thryoid disease you will test normal early on, but you need to be tested for thyroid antibodies which show that your immune system is attacking your thyroid.  I went to a 3rd endocrinologist in Louisville, he basically said it was all in my head(after hearing of me having an irregular heartbeat and anxiety attacks) and sent me to the lab to test for everything except-antibodies.  I told the nurse I drove 84 miles for this and I want the anibodies tested.  Lo and Behold.... I had antibodies on my blood working against my thyroid-less than 35 is normal, mine is 487.  I'm switching to ann endo in Bowling Green as this Endo in Louisville wouldn't treat me after this.  Did more research and found out that an autoimmune thyroid disease( Graves disease or Hashimoto's thyroiditis) can cause chronic sinusitis..imagine that.  I had bronchitis and took zythromax and prednisone for a week for it and also noticed that my irregular heartbeat went completely away as well as helped my allergies.    I also months ago spent 2 days on the cardiac wing for my irregular heartbeat.  Was told they were PVC's and that was about it...irregular heartbeats are a symptom of thyroid disease....Hmmmm...imagine that.  Point is sometimes our sicknesses (such as allergies) have underlying causes and the doctors can't see the woods for the trees.
To anyone with info.  On this past staurday night I was awokend by my front right tooth hurting, at first I thouhgt is was something wrong with my tooth.  Now a fews days have gone by and I started doing some reasearch on sinus problems.  Heres what I've conluded.  I have not had any colds in the past months, weeks, or even years.  I did though the day before my probelm strted went into a home deport to help my frined get some plumbing parts.  I also helped him repair some plumbing parts in his wall.  After doing some reasearch I went and bought some nasil solution that is suppose to help clean out sinus's.  I think it is actually working but is there anything else that I could take?
I have had some type of problem around sinuses for 5 weeks. Pressure around eyes, forehead and top of head and dizziness. Always affects my eyes. Had CTscan of head, another of sinuses, all types of blood work; Was on high blood pressure med Benicar HCT and for 2 weeks doctor changed, cut med in half thinking the medicine was causing the problems.  Still have it without any BP med at all. For 1 day, menthol cough drops helped pressure, so I assumed it was sinus. 2 Scans show sinuses clear. Using Meclazine 3X daily, 1/2 Xanax .25-- 3 times a day and Coricidin 2X day.  Nothing helps.  Strange, but the pressure lifts some of evenings and back when I get up A.M.   Day before yesterday I put a  large humidifier and a small humidifier in house, hoping that would help and they ran all night.  Yesterday I felt really good and thought my problem was cured.---needing moisture to break up sinus problem.  Today, all symptoms are back and humidifiers are still running. Going to a neurologist in 2 weeks.  This all started when I was going to aquatic therapy for knee injury.  Don't think the water had anything to do with it as I stopped the therapy 3 weeks ago.
Have been to ear/nose/throat doctor, eye specialist twice and even to dentist.  Nothing found.
Ear doctor said it was not my ears, motion sickness or vertigo. He thought it was sinus.
Really aggravating, even though it is not life threatening and takes time to get into doctors; then tests, then nothing found.  
Charolene
I have sinus problems for awhile now does anyone ever have  pain in there jaw with the pressure?  My head on the right side feels like its going to explode.  I have shooting pain constantly through my right jaw up through my cheek and eye. It makes me feel dizzie and light headed  is this common?
hi im female, 18 yrs old and ive been feeling reallllly crappy lately! I went to wet n wild sometime in july and got really sick then got better. now i have this horrible sinus thing! ihave head pressure, achy teeth, general anxiety, and really bad dizziness and foggy thoughts its really freaking me out! I went to the doctor and got prescribed omnicef i really hope it works, i feel like i cant live :( any comforting words for me anyone?
I am so glad to read others who have similar symptoms. I have had this problem before, and it comes and goes, but while I have it it lasts like a month or longer at a time so it is very disrupting to my life. It feels like a sinus infection but CT shows sinuses are clear. I also have clogged achey ears and am very dizzy and nauseated. Meclizine has not worked for me. I have been to an ENT and my regular doctor and was told I simply have vertigo...which is a symptom not a diagnosis. I have also had balance testing and allergy testing and I am completely fine there as well. I was thinking it was some sort of weird migraine type thing but the Drs always said no. I never get any answers I get looked at like I'm wacko. It makes it very hard to work, or do anything practically but lie in bed as moving my head at all makes me very nauseated and dizzy. Any ideas of what I can try or what kind of Dr. I can see?
Have you found any relief?
After searching the web for 2 months now, I just found this forum. I have close to the same symptoms as you - sinus pressure/pain, mild dizziness, major eye strain/drynees/burning, my face (cheekbone area)is sore.  Doctors (ENT;Internist; Opthomologist; Allergist), I feel, are just guessing - prescribe meds (Nasal Sprays, Nasacort, Rhinacort, Zyrtec, Claritin, Alavert, Singular, Allerex, etc  that dry my mouth & make me feel like a zombie.  The only relief I have found is when I cry?
Thanks.

Does anyone feel debilitated from there allergies at times?  I get to where I feel as if my head doesn't work right and I can't think straight at all. Also, does anyone ever get a coating on there tongue in the back from sinus drainage maybe?
Maybe the sinus headache turns into migraines....I have some mild form of all the post above(which I usually get whent he weather canges) I also suffer from Migraine (Those are knocked out by taking excedrin at the first sign of an headache).  But it seems like these have something in common. Check the link below, it may answer some of your questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine#Postdrome_phase
One more thing, sometime you can have a migraine without a headache.....maybe a dull pressure in your head with other symptoms.
One more post, this one say's that migraines can happen once or twice a year or daily!

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/brain/disorders/127.html
  I woke up one morning feeling like I had a really bad hangover and was so dizzy I could not walk straight without great effort.  I felt like **** the first day.  In the days that followed the dizziness remained but subsided to manageable levels - if you don't mind feeling that way.  I felt sinus pressure above my eyes and a feeling like there was a fist sized something deep in the back of my head.  Looking up caused the room to spin and slightly so if I turned quickly to one side.  Vertigo seemed to be the diagnosis.  This lasted for over a month but not long enough for me to make it to the vertigo clinic appointment.  Since my symptoms disappeared I canceled the appointment.  It is now 2 months later and I awoke with the dreaded dizziness, a sore neck, and that stuffed head feeling complete with frontal above the eye ache.  I have blurred vision which I can correct by refocusing and concentrating harder. I have no pain when touching at sinus areas and have no mucus running out of my nose but yet I feel congested and have post nasal drip.  I bought the nettipot.  I have used it for three days now.   I think it would work great if it was my nose that was congested.  I went to the doctor right away and he has prescribed meclizine.  I feel it has only made me feel tired and not changed the mild dizziness or congested feeling and above the eye ache.  I feel my vertigo is definitely due to my sinus pressure.  When I asked the doctor what about my headache(constant above the eye pain and fist inside) he said that it was probably due to the tension of keeping my head facing forward and would dissipate with the dizziness.  That seems to make sense but the dizziness seems to have increased with the meclizine.  I feel like the doctor is listening to me but not really as he thinks it is a case of vertigo not a sinus issue.  Is it possible to have an internal blockage or infection that would cause the vertigo.  Is it possible to have an infection of the interior sinus without having it it the nasal cavity?  Every once in a while I will be able to suck out a blob of bright yellow mucus but have no mucus in my nose.  I also have a quiet ringing in my ears.  I have not had sinus problems my whole life but I am starting to feel crazy about feeling bad at all.
Temporary relief discovery!  Vicks nasal inhaler, Head On, and a Motrin... the behind the eye pain is decreased about 50% within 25 minutes - when I wake up at 3am from the pain, the heating pad along with this crazy combo is the only thing that helps me go back to sleep!  I have been obsessed with this forum for 2 days now, I am so excited to be able to read everyone's suggestions and to know that I am not alone & crazy!!!
I am a 33 y/o smoker female in Massachusetts, both my parents smoked. I do not smoke in my house.  I have had more than 14 rounds of antibiotics (and as many sinus infections) in the last 19 months, been on prednisone 14 day taper at least 6 times, had 3 sinus CT and one Xray.
I am on singulair, allegra (or allegra D) and nasonex.  I try to do a nasal flush once per day, and use saline (simply saline is the best, it is aerosol and does not have that stale taste) 2-3 times per day.  When I get a 'flare up', I am also on Advair and motrin.  I spend a minimum of  $100 per month on prescriptions and DR visits... thats with an amazing insurance plan... and with all this I still work 50-65 hours per week.  I have noticed an increase in facial swelling when I travel over the mountain into New York... I live at about 200 ft above sea level, and the road goes up to 17,000 ft.
I just got off a 24 day round of antibiotics, started with avelox, switched to levoquin at the end.
I have had 2 days of relief after being sick for over a month, but I am still exhausted.  The pain is gone and I am able to concentrate like my regular self.
I also have adult ADD... not the best combo when the sinus pressure decreases the ability to concentrate also!
I did allergy testing around christmas time, allergic to ~80% of the local irritants, most molds, most animals (not hampsters!?), all but white pine, all oaks and maples, most weeds...
Allergy shots began in February, but when I have a sinus infection, the shots are put on hold.
I love my allergist, they don't treat me like a hypocondriac, they listen and try to help me.  They just don't know what to do...

After my 6th sinus infection in 7-1/2 months, my GP sent me to the ENT, he ran the tests and 2 more sinus infections later, I was referred to the Allergist.

I, too feel relief when I cry, almost like it helps to flush my sinus cavity!

I also noticed that drinking 2-3 red bulls per day helped with my ability to focus, both my eyes and my brain!  And, of course, the side effect was headaches from caffine withdrawl...

I can go over a week with the same pain, lately it has been consistently behind my left eye.
I find difficulty focusing my eyes, and I noticed that when I look in the mirror when I have the eye problems that they are visibly not aligned with one another, you can tell by looking that my eyes are slightly crossed!
I can breathe thru my nose, and have very little discharge.  Most of the sinus drainage goes right down my throat... which I think causes my reflux... which came first, the chicken or the egg?  I am tired all the time, I prefer to eat really greasy / fried food - it seems to make me feel better when I'm sick.  I have gained 2-6 pounds with each sinus infection, and cannot work out when I am having a sinus infection at all - overall over the last 2 years I have put on about 35 pounds... not the best when you work in fashion...
I also noticed before I started getting the sinus infections that dramatic changes in the barometer would always cause a sinus headache... I knew it would rain / snow before it was forecasted by the news!  I could feel it!
I have been tested, and do not have sleep apnea... my DR thinks that the nasonex is the reason that my snoring has since stopped.
I have trouble concentrating at work, I get home and crash on the couch, staring at the TV for 3 hours, go to bed and start all over again.  I have an enormous amount of trouble getting up in the morning, some of that I attribute to genes and how I was raised :)
My pain definitely travels to my neck, but doesn't seem to originate from my neck.
I fear that my job could be in jeopardy because of my condition... I am at the doctor at least 6 times per month to either get my allergy shot or have a visit b/c i am sick again.  My doctor has the same hours I do... so sometimes I have to charge the $100 ER copay to my credit card...I don't like to go the ER, they just treat and street, they just get you to feel better, not to be better... and who wants to become dependent on vicodin?
I have been tested for a variety of auto-immune dissorders and diseases, all were negative.  I feel the same way - good, negative - bad, no answers - still!
I began having motion sick issues around 8 years ago, when I was about 25 it was sudden and consistent.  I do not actually vomit, but I get really nauseaus, sweaty and dizzy as a passenger in a car, I cannot go on amusement rides that spin - I can barely watch  my family even ride them!  I get dizzy and nauseaus on boats, and if I travel facing sideways or backwards on a train / bus.I do not have migranes, I do not get the same symptoms (halos, nausea...)
The worst pain is the behind the eye, but the chronic 3-4 weeks of dull, constant pain in my eyebrow definitely rivals it...

Also, I have noticed that when I go away for vacation / work that my symptoms and allergies all but dissapear for the week or so that I am gone, it takes about a week to return, I am talking Las Vegas and LA mostly!  I have to leave the east coast all together to see a difference.

I also get an inflamation in my 3rd vertebrae from the bottom (right above my tailbone) within a few days of a full blown sinus infection about 50% of the time.
I take multi vitamins, drink plenty of water and only drink 2-3 caffinated beverages per day.  The only negative is that I still smoke.

I flew to Seattle about 7 years ago, and unknowingly had an ear infection, which caused my eardrums to rupture (they have completely healed now).
Hmmm...sounds like you are just like me.   Do your allergies just sometimes totally make you too tired to do anything?   Also you may want to ask to be reffered to and endocrinologist for this and here's why: Sometimes an autoimmune thyroid disease will make your allergies much worse due to the fact that the immune system is in a confused state.  A typical blood test that the general practitioners due for thyroid usually consists of t3, t4, free t4, and tsh-all of which can be in the normal range and you can still have a thyroid that is already bad or going bad.  You have to insist on getting the thyroid antibodies tests done.  These are the TPO( thyroid peroxidase antibodies) and the Thyroglobulin antibody, and the  Thyroid stimulating hormone receptor antibody.  All my hormones were normal for a year but I still had severe thyroid symptoms as well as worsening allergies and finally it was discovered when I insisted on thyroid antibodies testing to be done.  All the members in my family have autoimmune thyroid disease and all of them had a terrible time with their allergies until their thyroids were treated.  Keep up with the shots though as they do work over time...3-6 months.  
Good Luck
I just wanted to offer what my experience and cure has been.  I'm a 39-yr old female, living in Raleigh, NC (which is the sinus capital already), and had been having serious sinus problems/infections and bronchitis multiple times each year and my Doctor had tried all forms of antibiotics, steroids, allergy medications, etc. and it would temporarily cure the problem but come right back again and got worse every year.  I normally take a sinus decongestant over-the-counter each day, but then my Dr. also put me on an Advair disk inhaler 1x per day and ta-dah!  I haven't had a sinus infection, cold, allergy symptom or bronchitis for almost a YEAR now!!!  Hallelujah!  We don't know why this particular treatment worked, but we're not questioning it either and she's been prescribing these now for her other patients who have suffered the same symptoms as I did and it is the only thing that seems to be working.  I hope this helps!

AMS
looking for anyone with related sinus problems.  I don't have any drainage or blockage - just severe pain under my eyes.  So far,none of the meds (sinus pills; nasal sprays) prescribed by Dr's have helped.  My only relief has been heat (mainly from the sun) or hot steaming rags.  It seems to be a lot worse at work.  They keep the ac low and my coworker keeps her fan blowing my way.  My face seems to get very, very cold.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have all these problems, and it just started im a 20 year old female, and I also am having stomach problems. This has never happened before but i have been having migraines for years, and I can te l you this pain is by far worse! You still think I have a sinus problem. sorry if it grosses anyone out but i am going to list my symptoms.

Severe headaches in my head eyes, and ears
Get headflashes ( very hot and sweaty)
dizzy almost fainted
diahrreah frequent
number 1 very frequent
no energy
sore throat at first, now its gone.
,
please please please help me, I hate being like this, I CANT sleep :(
PLEASE READ...IT COULD CHANGE YOUR HEALTH and SAVE YOUR SIGHT!!!

In my twenties I had all these symptoms and more.  Chronic sinusitis, ear/nose/throat infections, terrible sinus headaches, migrains, cystic acne, chronic fatigue, fibromialgia, endometriosis, twenty one fibriod tumors, forgetfulness/confusion, couldn't concentrate, and dizziness so bad that I would get dissoriented and get lost two blocks from my house!  Doctors had me on 7 different perscriptions told me there was no cure for any of these and then scheduled me a hysterectomy.  

My saving grace was a pharmacist who was filling my perscriptions and said, "My gosh!  Why are you taking all this, what's wrong with you?!"  I told him my symptoms and he said, "This is your problem, read this book."  It was called "THE YEAST CONNECTION."  I took the test in the book and discovered that many if not all my problems were yeast related.  They are a fungas/mold that lives in the body and overgrows after treatments of antibiotics or a diet high in carbohydrates and sugar.  The yeast feed off sugar and simple carb's.  Ever notice feeling worse after eating something sweet or bready?

Well I did a yeast kill off as the book recommended and ALL OF MY INCURABLE ILLNESSES WENT AWAY within six months including the sinusitis, vertigo, eye problems, endometriosis and 21 fibroid tumors.  I felt great!  For TEN YEARS I noticed very few problems except around cold damp times of year if I eat a lot of sugar (Christmas).  But all I had to do was take a little bit of acidolphilus and oregano oil for a couple weeks and feel back to normal.

But four months ago I gave birth to my son acquiring a fungal infection in my milk ducts.  It was so painful I couldn't continue nursing.   Then I started noticing some of the same problems again, sinus pressure and pain, severe head aches, dizziness so bad I was running into grocery isles, and most concerning was my vision was getting really blurry.  When I first went to the doctor she thought it was a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics.  It immediatly got worse.  So much so that my 20/20 vision declined to 20/30.  

She did a ton of blood test, MRI, cat scan, and sent me to several specialists (nuerologist, ENT, optomologist, etc) and none of them showed anything.  Meanwhile over just two more weeks my vision declined further to 20/60, almost LEGALLY BLIND!  From 20/20 to 20/60 in 5 wks.  The doctor was just going to give me a pair of glasses and I said, "Oh really?  What should we make them, because at this rate I won't have ANY SIGHT in four more weeks!"  All the Dr's did was give me more persciptions (7 total) and I thought...this is starting to look all too familiar.  

I realized that no one has my best interest in mind but me and if I don't do something quick I'll be blind.  I read on line about FUNGAL SINUS INFECTIONS and if they are LEFT UNTREATED they can spread into the ears and eyes CAUSING PERMANANT HEARING LOSS and even BLINDNESS.  I began doing the antifungal kill off again and I am happy to say that in just six days my symptoms are 50% gone and my sight has improved to 20/30.  This was a simple FUNGAL SINUS INFECTION THAT SPREAD INTO MY EYES AND EARS and no doctor was able/willing to find that or treat it.  

I hope this helps some of you.  You can go to:  drJenine.com/fungalinfection.com to learn more.  That is:  drJenine (dot) com (backslash) fungalinfection
you can also google "fungal sinus infection" and get a lot too.  

PLEASE GO TO SOME OF THESE SIGHTS AND YOU WILL SEE EVERYONE OF THESE SYMPTOMS MENTIONED.  

Systemic yeast/fungal infections affect 1 out of 3 woman and many men, so lets tell as many people as we can (because Dr's certainly won't) so that they don't have to suffer.  I know if it weren't for someone telling me the first time I would have gone through with the hysterectomy and I wouldn't have my four beautiful children and the second time around, possibly not have my sight.

Be well, and God bless
Sharleen
contact:  starbeygirl (at) hotmail (dot) com

The infection must have still been in me
Sorry I noticed a line from earlier in my post somehow ended up at the bottom of the screen.  Oh, well.  I also wanted to say that the book "THE YEAST CONNECTION" by Dr. Crook is a great resource and has a test you can take to see if that's what you're dealing with.  Most libraries carry this book, and all Barnes and Noble's.  

Also someone said that Wallmart has cheap "mold test kits" but it probably takes 28 days to grow it at the right temperatures in a peatri dish to confirm.  But for those of you who care to...bacteria and mold look drasticly different when grown in a peatri dish.  

And for the MOM WITH THE YOUNG DAUGHTER WHO IS IN SO MUCH SINUS PAIN I wanted to say to you that I went through something similar with my son, but thank God we were able to turn it around before it got that bad because I had a prior knowledge of the yeast connection.  But I was really feeling for you and especially your little girl...my gosh!  What she has been through!

PLEASE, PLEASE take her to a naturo pathic physician to be treated for systemic yeast problems.   NATUROPATHIC PHYSICIANS can do A TEST THAT CONFIRMS IF YOU HAVE YEAST OVERGROWTH.  They will take a stool sample and send it off to a lab where they will determine if it is yeast and if so what specifically will kill the yeast you have.  They do this by growing it in a dish.  

People with yeast problems often have many food allergies which contributes to headaches (on top of the sinus pain).  This is because the yeast cause lesions/tears in the intestines causing large particles of food to seap out into the blood stream instead of microscopic ones.  The immune system sees them as foreigners and goes into an immune response.  Because of this her diet probably needs to become really basic for a while...this will aslo help kill off the yeast (if you stick to the yeast kill off diet) and she will begin to feel better soon.

Fred Meyer has a childrens chewable acidolphilus tablet for her to take daily (probably for a year) as a preventative.  She will likely need something stronger to initially kill it off since it sounds like she has such a bad case of it.  

I wish you the best.  Feel free to contact me at the email address above if you like.  

God bless,
Sharleen
PLEASE READ...THIS COULD CANGE YOUR HEALTH AND SAVE YOUR HEARING OR SIGHT!!

I had all these symptoms and more about ten years ago.  I was in my early twenties and the doctors kept telling me there was nothing they could do for me.  I had chronic sinus infections, dizziness so bad I was running into walls, terrible headaches, Fibromialgia, Endometriosis, 21 Fibroid Tumors..all with no idea what could be making me so miserably sick at such a young age.  

My saving grace was meeting a pharmacist when I went to pick up my meds who asked why I was taking all these medications.  I told him my symptoms and he said, "You need to read this." And handed me a copy of the book "THE YEAST CONNECTION" by DR. CROOK.  

I read this book and took the SYSTEMIC YEAST TEST inside (questionaire) and realized that ALL MY SYMPTOMES WERE RELATED TO SYSTEMIC YEAST.  It is a fungus related to the mold family.  Antibiotics and a diet hight in processed foods and or simple carbohydrates and sugar can cause this fungus in your body to over grow, most commonly thriving in places that are moist.  This is why they often cause infection in the sinuses.  Usually when someone has a sinus infection it is thought to be bacterial, but that isn't always the case.  If it is fungal the antibiotics will often make it worse, soon after taking them.

IF A FUNGAL INFECTION IN YOUR SINUSES GOES UNTREATED IT CAN SPREAD INTO YOUR EARS CAUSING HEARING LOSS OR INTO YOUR EYES CAUSING BLURRED VISION AND EVEN BLINDNESS!!!

It is the infection spreading to the ears that causes the ballance and dizziness issues and into the eyes that cause the blurred vision.  After I did the "yeast kill off" as described in the book, several months later I was free of every symptom and no longer had Fibromialgia, Endometriosis, or Fibriod Tumors.  

For ten years I have had no problems with this until recently after I gave birth to my son four months ago.  Soon after I came down with a fungal infection in my milk ducts meaning I could no longer nurse.  I thought that would take care of the problem (as do most woman who get this common problem while breastfeeding) but instead the infection was still in my body and soon presented itself
in another way.  

I began to get terrible sinus pain and pressure.  Then pressure behind my eyes and ears.  My ballance was off and I was so dizzy I felt like a just got off the "tea cup" ride at disneyland.  My vision which was previously 20/20 declined to 20/60, almost LEGALLY BLIND in just 5 or 6 wks.  I saw a number of specialist (nuerologist, ENT, allergist, optomalogist, etc.) and had tons of tests and blood draws, but ultimately there were no answers and it appeared I was rapidly going blind.  I began researching and found lots of info online about fungal infections and how they can cause every one of these symptoms above.

Then I remembered that this was the same thing I had dealt with ten years before and started doing a fungal kill off (as described in the book The Yeast Connection) for the last two weeks and my head and sinus pain are completely gone (after experiencing them for two months)!  Also my vision is almost completely back to normal and I have very little vertigo or dizzyness left.  

If you would like more information on systemic yeast/fungal infections and the problems they can cause you can go to:

www.drJenine.com/fungalinfection

you can also email me with any questions at:

starbeygirl (at) hotmail (dot) com
God bless,
Sharleen

Sorry, I retyped this post because it didn't appear the first time so I thought it didn't post.  I hope it helps someone.  Shar-
First i have to start by saying how happy i am to have found this chat room. I can't believe that their are other people that have the same problems and symptoms i do. I am a 29 year old female. I have been feeling like this for almost seven years. I have been to numberous doctors. I have had the CT and MRI'S, the blood work. I always get the same response. "There is nothing wrong, everything is fine". Well if everything is fine, why do i feel so bad. I have constant dizzy spells, i feel nausous all the time. I have painful sinus pressure in my face. I have trouble with my vision. I feel like I am falling apart. My 50 year old mother has more energy than i do. I dont know what to do anymore. I feel so depressed because of how i feel. I don't know about anyone else but i am tired of being a walking pharmacy. I have a purse like Mary Poppins. I have medicine for feeling dizzy,one for nausea, one for my sinus,another for migraines,etc....I dont know what to do anymore. I have a husband who doesn't understand how i feel. He thinks it's all in my head. I tells me i do it to myself. He never gets sick, so he dosen't know. I would never wish how i feel on anyone. I just want to feel normal, whatever that is? I feel frustrated because none of my friends or family understand how i feel. Is there a cure? I will try anything. I just want to feel better !  
I have just read part way through this thread and cannot believe how many people are going through what I did for so many years when I was the only one I knew who had anything like it. Please read the comment I put under 'Severe allergies and fatigue causing me to feel so depressed?' and my other one referred to it that post.

Finally at the age of 53 having suffered it for 30 years I have discoved it has been down to oestrogen. When I first started with all of this, when I was just a girl really, my boss asked if it could be hormones and I shot him such a look as if to say 'only a man could be so patronising' and it would seem he was right. This might not be everyone's problem but if, as I suspect, most posts are from women in their reproductive years then I think it is certain that a huge number of you might be suffering from the same problem - oversensitivity to oestrogen.

We have to first consider that all these allergies and infections are due to our immune system telling us that it is not coping. It is over-reacting to something in our system or outside that it has to spend so much of it's capacity on that it cannot fully protect us from infections, antigens etc. We may have weakened systems - ie lower resistance/higher sensitivity to certain foreign substances that those people we consider 'normal' - who knows - but it is a fact that the number of people getting allergies is increasing rapidly and the obvious reason seems to be that we live in such a chemical, toxic world now. Our immune systems were not built for that. They have had to deal with all these new foreign invaders yet still maintain cover for everything they previously had to.

The most potent chemical a woman is ever likely to come across in a normal life is her own oestrogen but our immune system should be equipped to react normally and harmlessly to the range of levels expected in the monthly cycle. But as our systems are getting more overloaded with these other substances to deal with it seems some of us develop a sensitivity to our own hormones. My reaction to oestrogen was every bit as if I'd been injected with a poison. 5 years ago I was so ill being pumped full of oestrogen in the form of HRT (without knowing that was the reason) that I finally gave up and frankly prepared to die  I wrote a huge document hundreds of pages long to leave for my then 7 yr old son as I knew one day he would want answers. In it I described my symptoms:

'When it happened it was as though a complex and fundamental system in my body was triggered in some way into sudden and total malfunction, and it was always accompanied by a marked increase in the now familiar right head pressure and sense of fullness'

'...the blurred vision, feelings of being spaced out with some peculiar form of ‘dizziness’, the muzziness and mental confusion all combined with an increase in right head symptoms and an overwhelming fatigue that could bring me completely to my knees. It was not a case of feeling a bit down or a bit under the weather – at its worst I was for all intents and purposes totally and utterly knocked out by it, helpless and useless until it passed over. When it happened it was always made dramatically worse when I was walking, as I seemed unable to make sense of visual stimuli in a moving environment. The worst situation was shopping in a supermarket, having to walk up and down aisles scanning shelves.'

All of those symptoms were against a background of constant colds, right sinus and ear infections and streaming catarrh all of which vanished for the first time in 30 years once my system was free of oestrogen.

There are oestrogens all around us - in plastics, meat and things you would not imagine. Research websites and find out what you can do to avoid these artificial oestrogens. For instance plastic is heavily implicated and heating food in a microwave with cling film on top puts masses of oestrogens into food. In lab tests this artificial form makes male test animals sterile. Try to balance your oestrogen with natural progesterone which you can buy. Your doctor can give you progesterones like Dydrogesterone to counteract the effects of oestrogen. If you get pregnant it is likely your symptoms will vanish then return the moment you ovulate again. For the older ones still having periods I mentioned a contraceptive pill in one of my other posts that a friend has been given that stops her ovulating and it's been a magic cure.

If I'd been asked then, 7 years ago if I would like to be 25 again I would have said no way and that if I were and knew what I was going to go through then I'd have killed myself. If asked now I'd give anything to get those years back because I would have known what the problem was and could have prevented what followed.

My case is extreme but if any females out there are so desperate and would try anything please try these steps to balance out your oestrgen and I hope beyond hope some of you at least can get some relief.
Something that will knock you all sidewards like it did me when I actually saw all the symptoms my doctors didn't recognise for all those years in front of me on a list! We are all familiar with the symptoms of air borne allergens - sneezing, catarrh and all the rest but see this link for the symptoms of chemical allergy:

http://www.healthy-house.co.uk/allergy/multiple_chemical_sensitivity.php

All the nasal sprays, antibiotcs, nose ops won't help, just perhaps cause yet more complications, until you eliminate the root cause. The infections, catarrh and congestion are manifestations of the inadequate response of your body trying to deal with a chemical toxin which it will prioritise as more dangerous than protecting you from colds etc.
http://www.balloonsinuplasty.com/

My family MD has indicated that I may need sinus surgery.

I have been told that Balloon sinuplasty is a minimally invasive procedure which has had great outcomes. Patients have felt great the day after surgery and have had no complications with excelent results.

Has anyone had this procedure?
Have you guys ever considered alternative medicine? The Chinese have an entire body of knowledge about sinus problems, many of which are MISdiagnosed as allergies. I know it first hand. I've had inflamed sinuses and a slightly gaseous stomach for over half a year, and every time I went to the doctor they either found nothing wrong or said I had allergies. My mom is a Tai Chi Chi Gong instructor who studies Chinese medicine. At first I thought she was making up a lot of things, her theories sounded like ancient mystical house remedies. Why should I believe those? But you know what, the theory works and it makes sense. What I have isn't allergies, it's a virus. The way the virus works is by taking over the weakest parts of your body. You may not have flu/virus symptoms, but it can still be in your body! The virus likes cold places where blood cannot reach - it likes the sinuses. If you hurt your shoulder, it will go to that area b/c it is the weakest. The way to cure it is to rub your sinus. Yes, that's right, rub it! At first my head felt very numb. After some rubbing, I found an extremely painful place. My sinuses hurt when I rub them - it's the virus's way of telling you to stop, so it can complete it's host invasion. But don't be fooled..after a lot of good rubbing, the pain will go away and the area will get itchy. Itchy means you are healing. I had RLS  - restless leg syndrome. I couldn't figure out why my legs kept moving until I realized it was my body trying to fix itself. Chi gong is about self healing, that's right, your body already knows how to heal itself, you just have to give it a helping hand. I soon realized that after rubbing my inflamed forehead my legs would stop moving, and I could sleep peacefully at night. My stomach was irrevocably tied to my sinus inflammation - it would get nervous easily. Everytime I got too nervous I would get gas trapped in my stomach. But rubbing my sinuses actually made me fart. Yup, that's right..your body is completely interconnected. That's what Chinese medicine is about - the natural flow of your body's energy.

Practicing self healing worked for me. The virus that was in my stomach and intestines prevented me from absorbing enough iron for red blood cell creation. I was diagnosed with anemia, as a result of an iron deficiency. The virus was making me a perfectly habitable host - the less blood I had, the more easily it could take over and kill me. I was so weak and fatigued I had half as much energy as I normally did. To help destroy the virus, I had to sit in the sun, my face to the sun, the rays touching and warming my skin. You also need to sweat it out, so don't be afraid to go on long walks in the hot sun - it will clear that sinus right out.

And the # 1 thing -- chew raw ginger. Prepare it with a glass of hot water, and chew it with water in your mouth. It will instantly clear out your nose and prevent the virus from spreading further. It will also calm and cure a nauseated stomach.

I hope this helps some people, b/c I'm kind of disappointed that the web doesn't provide more info on alternative medicines. Just b/c it can't be scientifically proven doesn't mean it's not true - and it doesn't hurt to try, nothing I mentioned has bad side effects. Tai Chi Chi Gong is about all natural self healing.
What you seem to be suffering from is chronic sinusitis.
Sinusitis refers to an inflammation of the sinuses, airspaces within the bones of the face. Sinusitis is most often due to an infection within these spaces.
The sinuses are paired air pockets located within the bones of the face.When the lining of the sinuses is at all swollen, the swelling interferes with the normal flow of mucus. Trapped mucus can then fill the sinuses, causing an uncomfortable sensation of pressure and providing an excellent environment for the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Sinusitis is almost always due to an infection, although swelling from allergies can mimic the symptoms of pressure, pain, and congestion; and allergies can set the stage for a bacterial infection. Bacteria are the most common cause of sinus infection.
Ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/topic100587475.
What you could do is try and find out what is trigerring your attacks and avoid coming in contact with it to prevent further attacks.
I have had a number of the symptoms mentioned on this board. The most debilitating aspect for me is the dizziness, especially when looking up, going from a laying position to sitting, turning from side to side while sleeping, etc.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the local nutrition store. It was suggested that I mix 2-3 tps. of powdered ginger with 1/4 cup honey. Place that loosely covered in the refrigerator. Take about 1/2-1 tsp. 4 or so times per day. Literally in 24 hours, all my dizziness symptoms were gone. I still had the post nasal drip, full head, etc., but I can not explain more clearly that all symptoms associated with wooziness, dizziness etc. as I described above disappeared.

I have cut back to taking the equivalent of about 1 1/2 tsps. per day now and 14 days later, I am still doing great.

I'll post later on the other things that I did.

If just one other person benefits from this it is worth it. It has changed my life.    
I'm 39 I started having symptoms when I went to Puerto Rico about 20 years ago.  I was dizzy.  All the time.  I went to ENTs, brain surgeons, had MRIs, MRAs, Ultrasounds, hearing tests.  Doctors told me I was in perfect health.  I told some of them that they were incompetent and moved on.  Time passed and I have not had much luck and the symptoms have gotten worse.  I am tired, more dizzy, headaches, sinus pressure, I cough when I laugh, stiffness in my muscles, poor circulation.  To date I have a horrible itch on my balls that comes and goes, panic attacks, chest pains, I added a few pounds and I have breathing problems.  I feel like my body is trying to kill me.  I don't eat crappy foods, I work, I even take Kung Fu.  Tomorrow I am going to the doctor with a list of instructions and not just symptoms.  I am really hoping I have what you all have.  I think I do.  It all sounds so so similar.  

I have very identical symptoms to those half the people out here. Sinus pressure (with absolutely clear sinuses), severe muscle pains and fatigue, and a general feeling of being down and out. I all suffer from dyspepsia, though that is a long-standing symptom.

I had lots to study when these symptoms started and Dr.s told me it was due to stress. Things got worse when I actually came down with Depression and I believed that it was the cause. But after over a year of treatment for depression, I am no better. Now I feel strongly, as someone mentioned earlier, that my symptoms are the reason for my anxiety/depression rather than the effect. There seems to be nothing wrong with me clinically, as far as my tests show. Therefore, I really hope that its an allergy since that will give me a reason for these annoying problems that are creating havoc in my life.

I was very pleased to find this forum and see that there are fellow-sufferers of this inexplicable syndrome. Hopefully we shall all find relief and, most importantly, correct diagnosis!

Thank you, all!

"Down and Out"
I have struggled with sinus problems since we had a mold problem in our house.  I moved about six months ago but all of the symptoms did not leave. A lot of mucus in my throat, sinus pressure, sore red eyes.  I noticed the mucus buildup and headache started in the morning and lasted throughout the day into the next. All symptoms increased after I had a cup of coffee.  I've been a big coffee drinker for years.  I eliminated coffee and feel tons better.  I don't feel sick all of the time and am starting to feel like my old self.
I have been suffering from sinus pain/pressure, headaches, earaches, tooth pain and dizziness ever since my root canal a couple weeks ago.  Originally, i thought it was a root canal failure but my dentist has said it is a sinus problem.  Just went for an x-ray, everything normal.  Not sure where to go from here.  I am taking 4-6 sinutabs, 3-4 ibuprofen and an antibiotic but nothing seems to help.  I am getting very frustrated and depressed because my doctor tells me it's a tooth problem and my dentist tells me it's a sinus problem.  I fell like no one wants to help me.  I just want to feel good again.  After reading these posts, I am going to try the Neti pot tomorrow.  I will keep you posted as to whether it helps or not.  
has anybody tried medical grade ozone therapy - administered via drinking ozonated water, sauna, iv??

i have tried most cures to these problems with no success.

like most of you i am  a very healthy man - other than sinus pressure pain, reflux, vertigo - and systemic candida infection.

I'd be interesested to hear
I was on vacation this month, two weeks into the trip I began having periods of dizziness and pressure in the sinus area and left side of my head, blurred vision.  Then while walking I had a near fainting experience. Now I still have the pressure and dizziness with the occ. near fainting.
I had sinus surgery for a dev. septum in Nov. of last year, and have had occ. pressure on the left side of my head.  I have seen the neurologist and he does not think it is a neurological problem. My primary phy. is not sure what is going on. I have not seen my ENT yet.

I feel weak and disoriented, and dizzy with the periodic near fainting episodes (extremely scary). I am not sure how I deal with this, since I'm sure it is causing anxiety.  Am especially concered about the near fainting spells.

Any thoughts?
I find that a major cause of my sinus pressue is due to the weather. My friends have started to laugh at me and ask me how the weather is going to be because I get terrible heads during weather changes - usually from cold to hot or hot to cold. I normally suffer the most during the hotter months may - september. My head gets so bad that I find it terribly hard to concentrate and always get dizzy. I am on here because I had the worst one yet a few days ago that is causing me to feel constantly dizzy. I can normally just stand it and let it go away naturally but this time I can feel the pressure around my nose, eyes and temples and especially so when breathing through my nose. I am getting no drainage through the nose (but rarely ever do) but I am noticing that it is streaming down my throat almost continously ever since it started. I am finding it hard to sleep and walk around and have never had the dizzyness for so long. Usually it lasts for an hour or three or maybe a night but this has lasted for three days now on and off. It occurred on an especially warm day and at the end of that day it got signifcantly cooler quite quickly. WIthin an hour I almost fell over with the dizzy feeling and it made me worry to death all that night causing me to almost have a panic attack. I have suffered with it for many years and it runs in my family (my mum has it as well but in different ways)  and have managed to live with it because usually the doctors dont seem to care or dont understand how bad it makes me feel. For pretty much one month of the year I am useless to my employer because I cant concentrate at all. But just to finish where I started, I recognised that the weather patterns affected me a long time ago causing my congested heads so in my opinion this definitely is a cause. At times I thought of getting into mediccine and specialising in this area because we seem to be the lost cause of the medicine world. Its hard for them to understand so they basically forget about it. I realised this to be the case when I try to explain to people how I feel. I swear they think I am making it all up. My boss will easily let someone go home with a cold but would never dream of letting me go home on a bad day. It just goes to prove that only those that suffer with it are the best to understand how it makes you feel.
Hi guys. I got very hard sinus pressure in my forehead, "Frontal sinus". I have had it for 1 year now it´s better some days but it always come back. It gets worse when its bad wheater, think the sinus preassures outs then.

I can say I am so bad that I quit studys, university studies. Got so anxoius when I didnt know what was wrong with me. But now as I understand more I dont have any anxoius.

I have found a product that might work for us. "Sinus Buster", does anyone know if it works??? Google it. I just ordered it, I mean, I gotta try cause I have so big problems.

I haven't tried Sinus Buster...but I have seen them online before. I have been using another nasal spray called Sinofresh...it's a little pricy but it's been working quite well for me. I have had chronic recurring sinusitis for the past 20 years. After countless rounds of antibiotics and 3 CT scans, I was told I needed sinus surgery. After having 2 sinus infections within a month, I found this product. I have been using it for 7 weeks now, and so far, so good. It really helps with drainage and does not have an unpleasant after-taste. I am recommending it to everyone I know. The website is: www.****.com
I have sat and read this forum for about a month now and I have just plucked up enough courage and patience to comment myself. I too have all the symptoms of sinus pressure, dizziness, pulsing head, ringing ears, fatigue, and have been put on  high blood pressure meds. I cannot concentrate and it makes me extremely irritable. I have tried antibiotics and was also told to go and get a ct scan. I do not want to go down that road. Some days are definitely better than others,  I have been experiencing this for 6 months.  I lived in Key West for 13 years, nothing, moved to Tampa October 2003 and first had these symptoms December 2004. Moved again and  a little further north, but still around Tampa Bay area, felt nothing until March this year. Both visits to the doctor and my blood pressure was high. I am confused about which is a cause and which is a symptom, I bought a cuff to start monitoring it myself along with the meds. Hopefully I will start to feel better soon. I turned 40 in May, and feel messing with blood pressure medications isn't really the way to go!
I have suffered with Sinusitis, sinus pressure & severe pain around the eyes, accompanied by dizziness & vision problems for well over 10 years now.  A few years ago it got even worse, whereas I kept getting sinus infection after sinus infection.  It affected my employment, my social life and the quality of my life.  It seemed I was always on antibiotics!!  The weather definitely seemed to play a role, as well as higher altitudes!  I finally had to have surgery, which was supposed to "cure" me.  The only thing surgery did, was help me breathe better through my nose.  I'm still currently suffering.  My ENT wants to do another surgery - widen my sinuses around my eyes.  He feels there may be built up scar tissue (from the hundreds of sinus infections I've had), which would have narrowed my sinus passages.  I'm too scared to go through another surgery, especially with the type of risks that go along with it (ie:brain infection, blindness).  I've been using Flonase everyday-which in my opinion does nothing.  I've tried salt water rinses - again no relief.  I do not have any congestion.  My head feels full, but my nose is clear and there's nothing to drain.  When the weather changes to colder temps, that's when I feel the pressure the most.  My whole face aches & my vision is also affected (which then causes dizziness).  My teeth even aches sometimes!!  I just got over another sinus infection.  The strange thing is, that when I was pregnant with my son, during the whole pregnancy I had no sinus symptoms!!  No pressure in the head & no pain around the eyes!!  I never even had a sinus infection.  My son is now 20 months and this is the 2nd sinus infection I've had since his birth.  It also seems that all my old sinus pressure & pain symptoms have come back.  I wonder if hormones play a role??  I'm going to see my ENT and find out.  Also wondering if there's any type of laser (non-surgical) treatment that might help.  Does anyone else have problems with the cold weather and their ears??  I've always had this problem (probably due to chronic ear infections from when I was a kid), but now this problem is worse too.  I guess the ears & sinuses kinda go hand-in-hand.  When I go out in the cold, my aching face & throbbing sinuses, feel even worse.  I get sharp, excruciating pain in the ears, around the temples and my head feels like it's going to explode.  I usually stuff cotton balls in my ears when I go out for walks, but this only mildly helps.  My ENT has no advice or help to give me with this matter.  Very frustrating, to be dealing with both of these conditions and receive either, no relief or no remedy!  Even a warm summer breeze brings on my ear symptoms!!  So it doesn't even have to be that cold.  I live in Vancouver, Canada - where it's wet & cold for about 8mths out of the year.  Maybe I need to live somewhere warmer.

Thanks for the ear everyone.  I hope someday soon, we'll all find a cure to whatever ails us!
I'm 18, and I had alot of the listed symptoms.

Right after I graduated high school, I started working at a vet. After about a week of working there, I started to sneeze CONSTANTLY. At home, at work, and while I was sleeping. I would literally wake up from sneezing!

One day I was walking through the back area of the vet, and I suddenly had this feeling like someone was pushing on the sides of my temples,  and I forgot what I was even doing and nearly panicked; nothing like that had ever happened to me before. And the worst part, it happened like four more times that day, leaving me feeling nauseated and sickly.

Weeks passed and my symptoms got worse. I was 'dizzy' in the sense that someone was pulling/pushing on my frontal sinuses (the ones in your forehead) and the sinuses on my nose. Back then, before I knew what was wrong with me, I just knew that I was dizzy and I just wanted to lay down.

Eventually I made an appointment to see my doctor. I woke up, had a banana and a small gatorade, and had my boyfriend drive me to the doctor. I started feeling pains in my stomach, the ones you get before you puke, and sure enough, I did just that.

So I was flipping out thinking I had a tumor or something, because I'm the biggest hypochondriac, and I told my doctor every detail of my symptoms and that I'd just puked.

She assured me it wasn't a tumor, and that I had allergies. She prescribed me fluticasone and directed me to take one Claritin D a day, and scheduled a sinus x-ray which was determined to be normal.

My symptoms were totally gone... until I ran out of Claritin.
The day after I finished the pills, I was experiencing dizziness and added symptoms! I had begun to clear my throat constantly, and finally it was my family that couldn't take the annoying 'ahems.'

I went to an allergist, who talked with me for over an hour about every symptom  and concern. It turns out I'd had sinusitus the ENTIRE time, and that the reason I was still having pressure and dizziness was because my sinus cavities were so blocked that the fluticasone couldn't reach them properly. He also told me I was clearing my throat so much because I had post nasal drip. He put me on a steroid and antibiotics for over a month, and my symptoms have improved TREMENDOUSLY.

I also returned for a follow-up allergy test, where I had to endure 60 pricks to my back only to find out I was allergic to cats, which I have three of.

And now it all makes sense. I should have known! Every time I would hold a cat at work, I would feel the sinus pulling/pressure on top of my head, or begin to sneeze and itch where the cat had touched my arms.

This all started in May of  '08, and it's now October of '08.
All of the symptoms I had before are significantly better, but due to the cats and my parents' unwilingness to rid the house of them, my symptoms will not totally subside until I move out.
I'm still taking fluticasone twice a day, as well as nasonex and claritin d once a day.
I still feel mild sinus pulling/pressure, mainly at night,  and my ears occasionally hurt.
Sometimes just my nose hurts, other times I just have one or the other sinus 'pulling' because of pressure, and sometimes it's all of them.

But I feel like myself again, and it's amazing.
It was such a relief to know I just have allergies, and no tumors, haha.
The Neti-Pot and other nasal irrigation systems really work, too.

Good luck everyone!
-Mariah
Hi Folks

Anybody get ringing in the ears along with all of the rest of the symptoms??
SALT.  Try cutting SALT from your diet for 2 weeks.  Be careful to look on everything you are eating to make sure there is no salt.  Stay AWAY from chips.  Even if you do not think you eat a lot of salt--try eating NONE for 2 weeks.

I have a feeling many of you will be pleasantly surprised.

I live in Tucson AZ. and have all the sinus symtoms that are talked about here. Ringing in one of my ears and dizziness as well. I take fish oil for my itchy dry eyes and it works immediately. I'm going to try ginger and honey as a poster stated from above and see if it helps my dizziness. I also take acidophilus tablets in case I have a sinus yeast infection. I'm sure glad I found this forum...yey!!
I am 45 never had sinus problems.  Been reading about removal of wisdom teeth or lack of.  Some leave cavities causing sinus problems and some surgons leave teeth in causing a root that grows into you sinuses.   I am having face pain on one side in the jaw and neck severe pain.  I am finding alot of people with the same problems and no help.  I am going to find an answer and let you all know whats up.  I am going to find out who my surgeon was for my wisdom teeth and see how many were removed.  I was 18 at the time all I know is I was swollen and some had to be cut out.  Wonder if this has cavity or hole effecting my sinuses.   I have only had this problem for 3 mths but it still comes and goes no matter anibiotic, tea pot rinsing blowin my nose it still comes back and is killing me.  I feel I have an infection in the gums.  Which effects my thinking, vision, mood and Im in pain and tired all the time.  If anyone has any infor to help me e me at ***@****com  I will post when I know more.  There are too many people suffering, someone a doctor should look into this.  Katherine
Hi! Dublin calling. Lively working mother of three. Tired of stream of doc visits and drugs., not to mention being drained of eneggy..  plethora of antibiotics , steroid sprays,antihistamines etc. ENT suggested also the use of NEILMED, a saline low-pressure rinse. Has been ok, but just not hitting the frontal sinuses and eyes starting to redden, headache unbearable etc. Taking longer for antibiotics to kick in.

My gut feeling is that I need sinuses openings increased.Also fungal culture to be taken surgically. ANY SUCCESSFUL REPORTS ON SURGERY ?

Glad to feel I'm not quietly going insane ,alone, with symptoms etc.
Sort me out!!
Hi People,
I've been reading these posts with interest.  Unlike many of you, I have not been experiencing sinus problems....BUT I do expereince the dizziness...here's my story...if you have any input or knowledge, I'd love to hear it.
I got a super bad dose of vertigo about 4.5 years ago, which basically incapacitated me for 2 weeks.  Would get a bout of it about every 9 months after, and each time, the same thing....back in about April 2008, I got some dizziness, but not the "vertigo" dizziness...this one was more behind my eyes- I felt like if you opened up the top of my head, you'd see 2 little wheels spinning behind my eyes.  I was "functional" but not comfortable.  I also stared noticing extreme fatigue at that time, and my eyes felt really sore and "heavy"...when I closed my eyes, it felt good.  This lasted for about a month, then subsided gradually.  I was good for about 3 weeks , and then the same thing started all over again with the slight dizziness, etc.  Now I'm seeing a pattern to this.  I get it for about 1-3 weeks, then it goes away and I feel "normal" and then it comes back about 3-4 weeks later.  I had 2 MRI's in under 2 years- came back normal.  My most recent blood tests show I'm one of the"healthiest" people alive, yet I still expereince these symptoms.  Seen an ENT- rules out my ears in seconds, and has referrd my to a neurologist whom I see on Feb 11th.
I have no energy to do do anything when I'm going through these episodes, and to make it up past 9pm is a real feat.  I'm 34 years old, female and have 2 children.  I have done the anti-depressants, anxiety, etc.  My diet is good- I try to eat 3 rounded meals a day, and I take vitamins that include a multi, Ferrous Sulfate, B-Com, sometimes a D, and when I start to feel like this, I take Cold FX and up my C intake.  I also go for Chriopractic Tx 2-3 times per week.  My body weight is good- not over or under weight.  I'm going nuts and feel very lonely going thru this, and if anyone has any diagnoses they can share, I'd love to hear it...I need to feel normal again :0(
Tanya
I have been following these commentaries for some time.

There are many factors in common with the postings but not everyone has the same problem.

I believe the majority of these problems have a central cause - which nobody is yet certain of.

me - a physically fit & successful person living in London - I have had many of these problems for 14 years now - I am mid 30's - I have visited maybe 50 consultants and spent 000's of pounds.

My theory is that this is fundamentally an allergic reaction manifested by fungal infection in sinuses / yeast overgrowth / and a blood disorder that in turn weakens the immune system causing the allergy - all of which have been diagnosed in me.

The cure - my belief is that this is a digestive problem - our bodies do not absorb the enzymes to digest our food which are killed by high heat, consuming processed food over time has removed the slow release of sugars in to the blood and consumption of excessive salt leaves the blood slightly acidic preventing healing mechanisms.

So the cure must be diet - what exactly this diet is I am sorry to say I do not know . Answers please & no shite!
The cure-my belief is that this is a digestive problem-our bodies do not absorb FOOD CREATED IN 1982
Hey Again- I just thought of something for you sinus sufferers...like I said in my post above, I don't have the sinus pressures you all describe- just the dizziness...but I have some info you may be interested in hearing....
An aunt in my family has a son who lives in Japan.  His whole life, he's been riddled with sinus infections, sinusitis, etc.  In Japan, it got so bad at one point, it landed him in the hospital (this was only 6-months ago by the way).  The doc's in Japan told him that getting sinus infections and sinusitis as often as he was was NOT normal, andthey suggested he have surgery to clear out his sinus cavities.  He reluctantly agree, but only becasue he was in pain from the constant headaches, the dizziness, etc.  What he found out after the surgery was that they basically had to "blast" out the buildup forom years of infection....that it was so built up, it had formed a hard crust that kept getting worse each year becasue all the drainage was blocked off.  He said he has never felt better and all his problems have disappeared literally from the moment he awoke from the surgery.  he said that this procedure is done in North America, but doc's aren't willing to perform it or mention it as they don't believe it's as effective as he cliams it to be...plus on this side of the pond, it's easier to put a "bandaid" in place for treatment--aka- antibotics.....anyways, don't know if this will help anyone, but it may be worth looking into...
I also have these same symptoms (sinus pressure, headache, dizziness, nausea at times, blurred vision) and am comforted just reading your stories. My family/friends/co-workers don't understand and think it's just all in my head. My symptoms are the worst when the weather changes drastically in a short period of time. I live in Charleston, SC and this happens a lot. Some days it's so bad I just stay in bed and cry (and at times even try pulling my hair out for some relief - or distraction-LOL). I've been reading a lot about possible reasons for all the problems and wonder if ear wax build-up might be the problem. It would make sense that if your ears are "stopped up" then the pressure in your head would build up as well?? I held my nose and tried to blow air through my ears and couldn't do it. Just wondering if anyone had experience with this. I'm grasping at straws these days.
I've experienced the same symptoms as many of you do, however, the past month I have not been able to sneeze. I saw the Internist and he gave me a prescription of flonese but it does not seem to help. I have the sneezing sensation but it does not develop into a full sneeze. I welcome any comments or suggestions.

ihj
Last year I started having really bad swallowing problems and it lasted 2 weeks. I went to my doctor and she said it was to do with my sinuses. I got a nose spray which helped and then my swallowing had improved but only for a few days. Throughout all this I had been moody and not my self.

I had a blood test done and my doctor said she will call me the next day to tell me what it said. That is when my problem started she never ended up calling and I started wondering "what if I have cancer, what if this.. that ..etc"
From that day I got all the anxiety symptoms and would just be scared of dying CONSTANTLY.

It's been happening for 5 months now and I just do no want to settle with anxiety. I had 3 more blood tests and more visitis to that doctor and another one for a second opinion.   Seeing as all my tests came back they just tell me it's anxiety but why. I mean I was never like this it's just not me.

My mum has it but she got is as a result of living in the war and all. and my doctor said I can't get it from her. She also has depression. I've never given any thought to dying before like if I think of it once it jsut goes away after a minute but now it's like always in mind and I hate it. I know everyone is scared and gonna die one day but why can't I stop myself from thinking of it ??

My symptoms are:

yellow nails
chest pain (but near my ribs)
Insomnia
Eye budging
stuffy nose (had a tissues with me at ALL times fro as long as I can remember)
interested in things I like
sadness
irritable
frequent toilet trips
moody
face pains expesh when leaning forwards

and moreee I can't think of right now....

I even had an liver X-Ray and went to an eye doctor and they said I'm all good.

My doctor is so confusing. First she said it anxiety then she says it ain't . =S

well my mum also has bad sinuses which she was meant to get operated but did not...

I just really want it to be something other then anxity I am only 17 and do not want this for the rewst of my life I had enough in 5 months and would not wish this on anyone.
It's so sad that so many people go through this and worse.

so what other things can this be ??
and did anyone ever get told its anxiety and then found out it is not and it was something else causing it ?

help would be greatly appreciated

thank youu
x0.
I bought a cool mist vaporizor and some Vicks. I also take an antihistamine. I smear a little Vicks up my nose and put my face close to the vaporizor and suck the mist up my nose and it really helps. Vicks is a natural decongestent. It's the only way I can saturate and clean out my sinuses. It helps my ears too. I do the treatment every night.
Has anybody discovered infection in the eustachian tubes from yeast and or bacteria, this would prevent release of pressure or fluid and gas from the ear and could be one of the explainations of the the variable pressure pain which we all seem to feel.
I am 26 years old female and am skocked by all the people who feel like me. I have most of the symptoms mentioned, as well and ringing/wooshing in my right ear which has caused some loss of hearing. This all started about 3 years ago and I've been trying to figure it out ever since. Some day I feel "normal," but most of the days I am misearable. I am am elementary teacher and had to take a leave because it is getting so bad that I can not teach and have recenly gotten anxiety and panic attacks.

I was told I have Meniere's Disease and to lower my salt and drink water. I did that, and nothing. I went to a natural doctor and changed my entire diet to be much healthier. There was some relief but not long lasting. Now, I am on a candida clear diet trying to rid my body of any yeast/fungal growth that may be causing some of these symptoms.

I have started to see a chirpractor now too. He found some misalignments in my spine and is working on aligning me. He thinks that many symptoms I have come from my spine and how it is out of wack. This can happen unknowingly, or if you are in an accident or fall etc.

Hope one of these ideas help someone else. I don't know what to do anymore and feel helpless. I hate being 26 and feeling as though I can't enjoy life like a 26 year old should.
44 years old.  For as long as I can remember have had terrible ear pain.  Like everyone else head felt clogged and very disconnected.  I would joke that the pain and clogged feeling would be so much better if someone could just stab an ice pick in there and maybe it would drain.  Did the usual route of sinus pain in front of eyes and severe pressure at the ear with stuffed up feeling followed by the stint of antibiotics.  GOD BLESS the Z-pack --best thing ever invented. But, eventually within a month or so would start feeling that pressure again.  The weird thing was that for the most part didn't have the drainage or opposite of being too dry.  Mostly just pain and pressure and disconnected feeling and eye pain.   Here's the bonus --Last year had bad vertigo and like all of you MRI and all ENT tests were negative but couldn't stand too save my life. Even had to have someone drive me home from work.  Well during this vertigo time for some reason I also suspected that maybe I had TMJ problems.  Was even told by a national TMJ specialist at a conference that it wasn't and that I had sludge in my ears.  ENT still found nothing so pursued this with a local specialist.   Well the TMJ appliance is fabulous and a miracle.  When I sleep in it I have no face, eye, ear pain.
I highly recommend it. Some people grind their teeth and others just brace there muscles which will cause intense jaw, face, ear, and eye pain.  In my case I have bad arthritis at the joint where it is kind of flattened.  In cold weather, dampness or if it is windy the pain is horrific.  This causes some swelling at that joint so that is why all the "sinus remedies"  all those years helped because alot reduce inflamation.  The big help is from wearing the TMJ appliance now and not getting my stomach eaten by all the meds!!    Hope this helps others.  Also poor posture with forward head will put tension on the neck which puts tension on the jaw which then puts tension everywhere in the form of head and face pain, ear pain or headaches.  These headaches can turn into migraines to the TMJ mouth appliance will help for all of this if it truly is not a sinus infection.
There are definitely many of these physical symptons which too many of the above posts have in common for there not to be an underlying medical pathology based on physical symptons.

When the above posts are compared with the small amount of knoweldge in this area of sinus / digestive system allergies - it is hardly surprising that the meds first instinct is to suggest anxiety depression and all the other psychological factors.

I would bet everybody that has posted above when complaining of the symptons (which we all seem to have in varying degrees) has the doctor ask the first question - ARE YOU DEPRESSED?

I have made a few contributions to this forum - usually to bounce whatever is the latest area that I hope is the answer to my problem. My brain (sadly) can not stop trying to figure out the solution.

However, personally I strongly believe it would be more efficient to organise ourselves into a formal website where data and information can be shared on a more organised manner. It seems odd no one has created one although I note some intentions to do so (or have they??).

I would be happy to collaberate with anyone that shares my interest. I have created a website before for example.

I am sure  there are many professional and competent bloggers - who have confidence and respect in their daily lives - I would feel tremendously empowered to systematically take a more measured apporach to this area of my life. Maybe there is more wisdom in the crowd than the medical textbooks.

I am suffering with this pressure feeling in my sinus all the time and poor digestive system for the fifteenth year - I am a man in my late thirties working as a property surveyor - other than the pain from this condition and the time seeing my sinus and stomach specialists in Harley St London, my life is happy and involves lots of travel and sport (triathlon soccer cricket) as well as my private hobby making property and stock investments
ie my time is precious and I would gladly share it with people like yourselves to try and solve our health problem.

I have much information I would like to share from my treatment conventional and non conventional over the years - for example I have been to Brazil to live in a macrobiotic community in the late 1990s.

Can I have some feedback whether

a) it would be worthwhile to organise ourselves via the web
b) any volunteers to help

c) Has anybody ever fully cured themselves?
Best to all of you.
I have suffered many of the symptoms that you all have described.  Horrible pressure in face, post nasal drip, dizziness and what feels like your face is pulsating.
A lot of times I have been put on an antibiotic but many times if I take advil cold and sinus, within 20 minutes the facial pain starts to ease off and then I can feel the mucus run down my throat.  I have found out through allergy testing that I  have a severe allergy to molds.  So with this info I have noticed that after the snow melts is when the my sinuses really flare up.  I would assume from the moisture of the snow in the ground.
For the dizziness, my doctor has given me clonazepam.  It seems to help with the dizziness so that I can at least stand up with out feeling like I'm gonna topple over.
I've tried the neti pot.  Helps a little.  But I do find that boiling the kettle and breathing in the steam helps better.  Also cold ice backs and warm ones alternating seem to break up the blockage in the sinus.  However, sometimes there is no blockage, just inflammation.  I then take the Advil cold and sinus.  It has a antihistamane in it which helps.  I find it way more affective than Tylenol sinus.
Hope this helps
okay since sunday april 12, 2009 i have been feeling terrible. i've been feeling very lightheaded/dizzyness, having headach's and even if you touch my head it hurts, a stuffy nose, breathing problem's, slight drainage, a problem with swallowing, and i've been feeling like i'm in a dream and floating around everywhere. so i went to the doctor on april 13, 2009 and he said all i had was sinus allergy's. so he put me on some meclizine for the dizzyness and floating and some amoxicillin for an antibiotic. now it is wednesday april 15, 2009 and i've been feeling the same way as i did before except now i feel a little bit better. but i still feel like i'm in a dream and dizzy all the time. this is really starting to scare me and i don't know what to do. i hate this because i don't feel like myself at all. can somebody please help me? it would be wonderful if you could!!
i have some of you symptoms. its the weird dream/feeling like you're not really there that scares me the most. I'm afraid to drive because I feel like I need to pull over or i'll faint and I get really panicky. I've had this the past couple of years (I'm 18), but it only really occurs really badly in the spring time.

until seeing this thread, I never considered that it might be allergy related, as I dont have itchy eyes/sneezing/runny nose. I just feel an intense pressure in my temples and that weird feeling of dizziness/dreamy/tiredness.

It is only bad on sunny days, so I thought it was related to the light intensity in the spring. However, maybe it's because the rain washes away the pollen and I don't feel it then?

Any ideas? Glad to have company :(
Hi...wow it is good to find that I am not alone.  I have all the same symptoms that are mentioned here.  The bridge of my nose and sinuses are extremely painful and I get this *pulling feeling* like someone is pulling the back of my nose from the inside.  I feel dizzy and disorientated most of the time and it is really getting upsetting and worrying.  I have tried everything I can think of including a netti pot.  The anxiety has taken me to the ER a couple of times with my heart racing, but they said everything was fine.  When things get bad, I have to take half a Xanax which really helps with the panicky feeling I get.  It really is affecting my whole life when this happens.  I can't concentrate on anything.  There just has to be an under-lying reason for all of us to feel so crappy, I just wish we could find it.  Good luck everyone....I will keep reading the posts in hope.
I've been using the cool mist vaporizor at night. Instead of the nasal rinses, I put my nose over the opening of the vaporizor and suck the vapor up my nose for a little while and it goes way up my sinuses and all around cleaning and loosening the mucus. I have bad allergies also and antihistamines don't always work because they dry out the sinuses. I still take an antihistamine and also take fish oil for my dry itchy eyes.

I've had the dizziness, headaches, and panicy feeling also. I could barely drive. Since I've been deep cleaning with the cool mist, the symtoms have gone away.
I just found out about this forum and I too have just recently (2-3 months ago) began to get the dizziness and extreme pressure.  Saw my doc and got the antibiotics, pseudoephedrine, and tried NeilMed.  It helped but it started up again two weeks ago.  So I was trying to decipher what I've been doing to bring on these symptoms again.  What I've come to conclude was I rarely drink alcohol but remembered that I had gone to happy hour with friends and that's when I started feeling the symptoms plus I did the NeilMed almost everyday twice.  I noticed the solution from the NeilMed had not completely drained even though I knelt over for a few minutes to let it drain.  I could hear the swooshing from the leftover solution.  I haven't drank alcohol in two weeks plus I stopped the NeilMed for a few days and my symptoms have easied down.  I figure the dizziness is brought on by the solution still in my ears which probably doesn't help with my equilibrium.  Well hope this helps a little.  I KNOW VERY FRUSTRATING AND AT TIME DIBILITATING!!!
check out this sight if you have mutiple systems.  It might match for some.
http://*******************************/
chronicsorethroat dot wordpress *******
hello, I am need of serious help!! I have been having serious problems! About 3 years ago i came down with a horrible sinus infection and tried to treat it myself. About 4 months later, me and my fiance were at dinner and i turned to look at him and had a sudden wave of dizziness and felt as though I was going to pass out. I immediately got up and left. I went to the doctor a couple of days later and was told that I had sinus disease. I was put on the traditional antibiotics and steroids, however; I am still living with debilitating dizziness. I have had an MRI that was completely clean, but I know something is going on. I also have a very strange symptom of seeing sliver spots running across my vision if I am in very bright lights, or especially outside when looking up at the sky. I am running out of doctors to go to, and I am tired of being told that I have anxiety and that is all that it is. I know something is wrong and not one doctor can tell me!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
LONG LONG LONG STORY SHORT ,

I have suffered with SOME " MYSTERY ALLERGY " for the last 3 years. I have gone to the doctor on and off for years the only thing they seem to confirm is I have fluid in my ears often , in the last year I have had LOUD heart beats in my head at night when I sleep and when I wake up, my face feels like to sumo wrestlers are smashing it together , my eyes are sore and blood shot, my vision is changing , there is so much pressure in my face and ears I feel like I could pop ! My doctors SHRUG their shoulders and have no idea what is going on, I have had my house checked for mold , nothing, I went to a allergist  NOTHING, the last 4 weeks I have been losing my balance and now I am vomiting because I am so dizzy , I have great hearing , actually exceptional.  I went to a ENT doctor , I TOLD HIM I WAS SO FRUSTRATED I WAS READY TO MOVE TO A RANDOM PLACE IN AFRICA AND FORGET ABOUT IT !!! I asked him about the Vertigo he said I didn't have it and that my ears were perfect and he informed me I had TMJ , he told me to have fun on my vacation to Africa before I left , DOCTOR GENIUS didn't listen to ONE WORD I SAID , I guess tonight he will tell me that I didn't throw up from dizziness.
I am so frustrated I want to punch myself ... I wish they would just say.. I really am not sure what you have....?

PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE  ...  ( in my ears and head )
I thought I would share my experience with all of this and give some of my thoughts.  I am a 21 year old male who started experiencing these problems Nov 07.  Needless to say, I still have some of the symptoms.  During the 07-08 school year I lived in a terribly dirty house that I attribute my sinus problems to.  These problems are still lingering, however, I have noticed that they have improved ever since I moved out.  I just moved out of a second house (after my senior year) and have returned home. Now, moving back home, I have noticed that my problems have once again gotten a bit worse but they were never necessarily perfect during the school year.

When I say problems, I generally mean dizziness, and a sort of inability to focus and remember things/clearly recall memories.  I also continually have some flem in the back of my throat.

When I first started feeling these symptoms I didnt think too much of it.  They got much worse in the spring of 08 and I posted over on the neurology boards.  I literally was afraid for my life and had an MRI done (thinking tumor) by a neurologist.  Nothing doing.  I also visited a neuropsychologist and later an Allergist.  All signs pointed to nothing wrong.

I'm about to simply start taking my vitamin C, using my NeilMed sinus rinse DAILY, and taking my multivitamin and fish oils.  I also have some Wobenzyn-M which is supposed to help with the immune system.

I'm not sure if this is the case with others, but my symptoms are sort of cyclical.  Certain times during the day, whether I be inside or outside, I will feel more-or-less "normal".  At other times, I am very dizzy.  However, I used to pretty much not be able to read, with my eyes jumping around, not to mention not remembering anything.  I also was afraid to drive on the highway because I was almost overwhelmed/confused.  This is no longer the case.

Its been a long time but I am slowly feeling better.  I strongly feel, however, that if I were still living in that original house I would still be getting worse.  
Hi. You might want to try eriodictyol glycoside. It's a component of lemon bio-flavonoids. I had poorly diagnosed vertigo, tinnitus, meniere's disease, etc. a couple of years back. It was getting very bad.

I went to all the usual doctors described previously and all I came away with was prescriptions for antihistamines. However, one ENT doctor prescribed an over-the-counter product, Lipoflavonoid. It's a supplement.

I was very skeptical. I said so. She told me that some research had been done that showed it worked. So, okay, I'll try it.

To my great surprise and relief, it DID work. Apparently it works like an antihistamine and improves blood circulation in the inner ear.  Lipoflavonoid is a brand-name and is pretty expensive, so I found thru other online forums that you can get plain old Lemon Bioflavonoids for much less. I take two caplets of Lemon BIoflavonoids a day and my inner ear symptoms are nearly gone. Apparently--and you don't hear this everywhere--the eriodictyol glycoside is really only in Lemon bioflavonoids, not all citrus. If you buy just 'citrus' bioflavonoids you probably won't get relief. I use Lindberg brand Lemon Bioflavonoid Complex, and no, I don't work for them and this is not spam.

Look up eriodictyol glycoside on the internet. You'll see it's for real. It's the only thing that helped me. It helped with vertigo/dizziness and ear pain, specifically.
I am baffled i have developed these sypmtoms constant  dizziness, whirling motion sensation slight upset tummy, not feeling connected , head is heavy when i lay down its pressure and when i get up its like that as well no drainage or sneezing, coughing etc.  I also feel like heart palpatations or rapid heart rate  inthe moring it takes me a bit before i can adjust to the light and my head hurting , tired, fatigued and its all started few days ago suddenly makes me feel like i cant do my everyday life routine and beginning to worry me has anyone out there have the same  or similiar problems help!

amber67
I also have had alot of the same symptoms, including some i have not read yet.  I feel like my head is being tightened in a vice. I have the headache and sinus pressure right along my eye brows, and sometimes i feel like a hand is squeezing the back of my head.  I also get dizzy and shaky, and my nose is plugged up.  I also feel like my ears are plugged up its a terrible feeling and i am sometimes afraid to go any where because i get so dizzy sometimes.  I don't get dizzy alot but when i do it scares me to death.  When i sit for a long time and then get up i sometimes have a very uneven feeling. My head feels so full like i need to drill a hole in it to relive the pressure.  I don't drink hardly at all and i don't smoke, i don't drink any pop but i do drink alot of water.  My mucus also runs down my throat which makes me a little nausea. I live in Michigan and to be honest i have alot of other things to worry about then getting dizzy when i have the kids with me.  I also take a multi vitamin and sometimes motrin.  I take bendryl alot at night but nothing seems to really help.  I try not to worry about it but when i get really dizzy i hate that. Good luck to everyone, and God bless!
Hi every on I am a 24 year old male that have had all of the symptomes you all have hade. I have always been active in sports playing college football and Pro boxing. When I was in the off-season is when the symptomes increased. This may sound crazy but I think by the head contact in football and getting hit in the head in boxing loosened up my sinuses and relieved the presure. Coffee seams to help to. Good luck to all you out there I know it is horricle!
Seaweed or sea vegetable is naturally found attached to ocean rocks along the coast. Seaweed is full of lipids, proteins, minerals and vitamins that are readily absorbed into the skin. Upon absorption, Seaweed rebalances, nourishes, detoxifies, purifies, oxygenates and deeply moisturizes the skin’s texture and tone.  Seaweed is an excellent source of minerals, amino acids, as well as Vitamins A, C, B1, B12, D, E, K & P.   The use of Seaweed also stimulates and improves blood and lymph circulation.  Seaweed is also very similar to human plasma - making it ideal for cleansing, toning and soothing human skin while regenerating broken capillaries and the skin's tissue, to render a more youthful appearance.  It also makes a great exfoliant.

I'd like to add my experience to this thread to see what everyone else thinks.  In the past I have had sinus issues in the spring, where I feel some pressure in my forehead and I feel foggy and not quite clear headed.  It always seems to just go away at some point on its own.  This year, however, it has been very different and has scared me quite a bit.  It started in April with the sinus pressure.  One day while working in my attic on my knees, I stood up and had a horrible throbbing in my forehead and I felt weak and shaky.  It passed after a few minutes.  A similar episode happened two days later, only not as severe.  After that, my legs constantly felt weak, like they didn't have their normal strength.  I was able to do all things normally and had no apparent loss of muscle tone; I just felt that way.  The sinus issues grew worse to the point where I had severe post nasal drip.  The mucous was a thick clump in the back of my throat.  My doc put me on claritin and nose spray.  It didn't help.  I also experienced chills at night at least once and then another night had these weird power surges in my extremities.  I finally went to an ENT who said my sinuses were swollen but not infected and suggested an allergist.  So far I have tested negative for any airborne allergens such as pollen and ragweed.  My symptoms began getting better and I felt really good for about 6 weeks.  Then suddenly the sinus pressure, post nasal drip, weak legs reappeared now joined by a feeling like I couldn't catch my breath and constantly had to yawn and drawn in a deep breath.  Then I started getting this weird feeling in my head like a balloon expanding and contracting over a few seconds.  I'm not really dizzy, it's just a weird feeling and when it happens it's scary.  I'm now seeing an internist who thinks many of my symptoms are stress related.  She has sent me for extensive bloodwork, which I haven't gotten back yet, but doesn't seem to think it's serious.  Meanwhile, the sinus issue remains unresolved and I think this is what is causing the weird feeling in my head.  Has anyone experienced any of these things and what do you think about seeing a nutrionist?
Hey everyone :) I came here for some answers, and feel not so alone anymore. I have been having dizzy spells for about 7 months now and Its is horrible my mom brought me over a nedi pot and it seemed to help for a few hours but the pressure and dizzyness is starting to return.AHHH I just want to feel better!! I have been to the gyno pcp and they have no idea what is going on so I took it upon myself and made an appt w/ the ENT
Has anyone noticed that when you actually get a cold or the flu that your symptoms actually get better.  I feel weaker and achy like im sick but my dizzy/ headach issues seem to get much better...... Anyone?
I've always had horrible allergies. However, the past couple years, I've been getting painful pressure in my face and my ears.  I was dizzy and foggy headed, sometimes nauseous.  Oddly enough, I didn't have runny nose, coughing etc because I was always taking Zyrtec. I kept taking many different other allergy medicines, yet nothing seemed to work.  I'd go to my doctor when I got really bad, he'd give me steroids. I'd feel better the first couple days on the higher doses, then the pain/pressure would come back on the lower doses and after finishing the pack.  A number of times, I got REALLY bad pain/pressure in my face and ears that I was getting nauseous and could barely drive.  I'd go to the doctor again, my ears were all red and "looked" infected, so it was a round of antibiotics. It sorta helped, but I was at square one after wards.

After one really bad so-called-infection, I nearly passed out in the doctor's office. I got antibiotics and a referral to an ENT and an Allergist.  I went to an ENT a couple days later who refused to talk to me more then 5 minutes.  He was rude and said it was very rare for an adult to have an ear infection in both ears. He said come back when there are infected again and didn't SEE anything wrong in my ears. What a jerk! I went to an allergist who basically turned me into a lab rat.  Tried just about every allergy medicine known to man.  I started 3 allergy shots once a week for a long time.  Whenever I got severe pain/pressure... more rounds of steroids.  I felt like he just wanted my insurance money to feed his gravy train.

NOTHING WORKED!  I'm tired and frustrated.  I live nearly everyday in pain.  I finally tried a different ENT because something is WRONG with me.  This doctor seemed to really understand my frustration and seemed to know the problem!!!  He told me it's NOT allergies. It's a migraine!!!  He said most people don't believe him because it just sounds weird.  He's been finding more and more of these cases then never before.  The type of migraine is a...

VERTIGINOUS MIGRAINE

Basically, it's a different type of migraine that affects the nerves to your face and ears.  I had just been diagnosed with it and just started to run a few tests to be sure there isn't something else causing the pain.  I have not started any treatment yet until I get a full diagnoses later this week.

To any of you suffering similar pains, the doctors just might be barking up the wrong tree.   Hang in there and find a doctor who listens and is willing to find the answer (easier said then done).  I'm just trying to shed some light and hopefully hope others find their relief.  If you think you have the same problem then check with a doctor.

Note: Google for an article called "9 in 10 Sinus Headaches Really Migraines"
Hi, All,
I just wanted to let you all in on my little secret.  I bought an electric back massager.  I put it directly on my face above my eyes, under my eyes, near my ears, the back of my head, especially the neck area, anywhere there are sinuses.  Then I put massager on my nose and it makes me sneeze.  I do this for 10-20 minutes a day, or what ever is necessary.  It really loosens up everything in my sinuses.  This is very important to me, because I have had sinus flareups that have actually caused my pupils to dialate. I feel like I'm drunk!!!
Try this, everyone, and let me know how it works for you.  
sunnyday7
Here's another story to add to all of this. This one will bake your noodles a little bit!

(36 male) My problems started in 1994. I was working night shift at a warehouse when all of a sudden I was hit with knock me on my rear dizziness. It lasted a week. 3 years later, in the late spring early summer it hit again, but this time I was covered in, well I guess they were hives, but when you looked at my chest and stomach, you saw just one massive hive. My Mum came and got me from work and took me to the hospital. They hooked up an IV and took some blood. 3 hours later the hives were gone, the dizziness was not, but they let me go home. All tests came back negative for everything. They said I was fine! That time, it lasted a little over two weeks.
3 years later it happens again. Same time frame. (between spring and summer) this time it lasted for a month then went away as fast as it came on. 3 years later, same time frame it comes on again. My wife and I were moving from British Columbia to Utah at the time. It made moving very difficult. It lasted for a little over a month. Can you see a pattern yet? Well if you were wondering if it happened again 3 years later, you can guess no more, cause it did and it lasted close to 2 months.
Now we're at the most recent episode of dizziness, eye pressure and bad headaches which I have now have and HAVE had for over 2 months with no end in sight. I've been to doctors back home in Canada for this, but none of them had clue why this happens to me every 3 years let alone why it happens at all, but when the dizzys get bad, I try my hardest to stay off of my feet, seeing as I've almost fallen down a flight of stairs on a couple occasions.
I never thought that this might be a sinus infection. The doctors never said anything to that end either, so this has been quite enlightening for me. I may have just found out what ails me every 3 years of my life.
contact me if you have some input, I'd appreciate it.
Clayton at ***@****
That was colson at gmail ******* for the post from Viking8
hi m 24 and i have same symptoms...its now more than 1 month..

my symptoms:

headace.....mostly one sided...
eye pain..or eye pressure..
sometimes pain in my jaws...and upper cheeks just below my eyes..
i have pain in my ears sometimes
i have pain on the sides of my head
sometimes my i have neck pain..
i feel dizzy too
i feel good at morning but all these symptoms comes at evening..or night
it stops when i sleep..
post nasal discharge is there but no discharge or drips frm nose
i cant sneez often ..but in summers i can
headace is sometimes onsided sometime both(rare)
i have allergy prob..like nasal allergy

i went to the doctor..he asked me to get sinus x rays...he told me that there is a bit swelling in it but not too much..!!! and he said that this headace..and dizziness is due to allegy pro u have..he gave me some tab..a told me to take them for 2 weeks..if problem persis..he would refer me to neurologist...

well m not sure that if its really allergy prob ..or is it somethong really very srious like tumors..in brain...m so nervoused and confused...pls help if anyone can...

or plz tell me is that really an allegy prob..because i hate dizziness and headace...i feel like if m going to faint...and i have an hhostory of panic attacks too...:(

I'm a 30-year-old guy and I've been feeling really miserable with similar symptoms for the last month or so.

My symptoms:
- Dizzy/rocking sensation - especially when sitting at my computer
- 'Spacey'/fuzzy feeling, like I'm there, but not really there! This makes me feel quite panicky - I'm scared I'm going to faint or be sick. This happens quite alot when I'm walking outside or I come into a heated room from being out in the cold - and thinking about it, these symptoms started when the weather started getting cold, so perhaps it's related??
- Pressure/aches in my forehead, behind my eyes, at the top of my nose, near the bridge, and at the top of my head
- Occasional popping sound in my right ear
- Occasional aches in my ears
- Achy/stiff jaw from time to time
- Sudden imbalance in hearing, like the sound very abruptly fades from one ear and goes loud in the other
- unable to focus my eyes properly sometimes - like the picture is all wobbly, or my eyes get tired and I find myself staring into space

I don't have a blocked or runny nose, but I sometimes sound like I have a cold when I talk.

I put this all down to having a virus, or cold, or feeling stressed at work. I thought perhaps it could be panick attacks, although I can't think of a reason why I would be panicking!

Then I thought it could be my eyes and got them tested, but, although I needed an updated prescription, the optician said my eyes are healthy.

Then I went to the doctor and he did ECG and blood tests - all normal. Haven't been back to the doctor yet, but after reading this I'm starting to think this could all be related to my sinuses.

Now I look back, I had a few problems with one of my ears a few years ago (had loud ringing and felt like I was listening with a cup over my ear!). I saw an ENT specialist, who couldn't find anything wrong with my ears, but refered me to an allergy specialist, who said I'm allergic to dust and grass. Doc prescribed me with Nasonex spray, but I stopped taking it a few months later, as I heard it could break down the lining of the nose if used for prolonged periods. I haven't had any problems with my ears since I stopped using the spray.

I gotta say, I'm a little relieved that other people are suffering similar symptoms - I honestly felt like I was going mad, and I know my friends/family secretly think I'm just being a hypochondriac. I was actually starting to wonder whether I was imagining this all myself!! I'm trying to stay positive about this all, but it's making me feel quite depressed. Good luck guys. I'm going back to the doctor next week to get a repeat prescription of my nasal spray - see if that makes any difference :)
I am taking the advice of Turbonium. I ordered some Lemon Bioflavonoids and am going to try them. I'll post back to let you know how they work.
I admit my recent symptoms aren't as bad as most of what you are listing here, but I just turned 40, and a few months ago at 39, I had a horrible dizzy feeling that overcame me the night before two days of successive storms, which brought on an allergy attack, right before Halloween. Halloween weekend I had a fever of 101 which lasted for about two days.
A month before that I had a sore throat for three weeks. The GP suggested I had mild ragweed allergies.

In the fall of '08 I was fine. In fall of '07, three weeks of a sore throat, and an attack for two days after a rainstorm.

So now I went to an allergist. He did all the scratch tests and nothing came up. But then he did interdermal and I reacted to mould, dust, dust mites, ragweed and some other pollens, some trees, and CAT, which I found most heartbreaking.  I seem to live with my kitty rather well though. I don't have the severe reactions many people do.

What bugged me was that I was having a fuzzy feeling for months, and it increased to the point of headaches, and even nausea on and off. I had never had this before and was terrified. The allergist actually said he could not figure out why, even though there are tons of posts from people out there who have head problems and allergies!
He said that was because the headache I felt was more on top of my head, but a bit towards the front-top,  than behind the eyes, and he said that was not the location for sinus headache.

Yet I read somewhere that there is a nerve that connects to the sinuses that goes up to the top of the head. Is this true?
I do notice that even now, while I have no big head issues, if my throat feels a bit swollen from wiping cat hair off the couch, my ears pop and a tiny bit of that head thing comes back, though nowhere near as intensely as before.

I went back to my GP, who is generally very good, but he basically wrote me off has having psychosomatic issues, even though I've never been that way before.

I discussed this with a friend, and he said he had Mienere's disease at one point, and woke up to find the room upside down! Scary! He went to an acupuncturist a few times and it cured him!!!!

I have not gone myself yet, and now my head seems mostly good.
But I will seek the acupuncturist anyway. My cat is 16 and I have no intention of giving her away unless my life is in danger, which it does not seem to be.
I hope this helps..... I am 26 years old, the symptoms that you are describing (Pressure in the head, dizziness, nausea, vertigo, fatigued, problem concentrating), I have had for over 10 years. It started when I was 16. I have seen every Dr. imaginable (3 times) and have had every procedure ran (MRI, CAT, blood work), and no one could tell me what was wrong with me. They kept saying it was sinus, inner ear, migraines, etc. Every time I slept it was like a restart button too, where I felt fine in the morning and started to feel bad in the afternoon. This progressively got worse over the years. Every day for the past 6 years I have had to take valium for the dizziness and pressure, just so I could feel a little normal during the days. I literally felt sick (nausea, pressure in the head/behind the eyes, dizziness) everyday of my life for a long time. I finally started reading blogs night and day and diagnosed myself.

I had a form of a yeast infection or candida where there was no visible signs. I went to the doctor and had a yeast test done and it was positive. I took a 9 day supply of Diflucan and it has now been 22 days of feeling normal. It is a shame that it took so long to figure this out, but I feel normal again and you can't possibly imagine how good it feels. Please try this if nothing else works. It may save you a lot of time in money.

Please email or respond with any questions. I want to help!!
This is crazy. I always thought I was crazy and something was wrong with me only.  I have all the same problems that almost everyone has been describing.  It is constant pain for me especially when it is cold outside.  I have dizzy spells, I have to get glasses because my vision has changed.  My vision was alright until I developed sinuses about maybe 2-3 years ago.  I looked at a statement that said that they have problems switching positions. I do too. When I get up in the morning I have to take it slowly. I go from laying down to sitting up to actually getting ready for the day.  If I get up to fast I get dizzy.  It feels like all the blood has rushed to my head.  I am constantly stuffy and it is usually dry stuffiness, so I cant blow my nose usually.  I as well, have been to the ENT and have not received any answers.  I also have a hard time concentrating especially when reading because things start to get blurry or my neck starts hurting.  These sinus has been kicking my behind. One of the major focuses has been the top part of my nose that is where the pain always begins and the second one are my ears.  I have had my ears clogged because I caught a cold and what occured because of my sinuses and the mixture of the cold was drainage into my ears and now my ears pop all the time.  I also have pain in the face all the time, my cheeks, as once said my nose, my eyes, and etc.  I also have to force myself to do everyday normal task because I cant function like those people who dont have sinus problems.  At night I can't sleep properly because my head always hurts.  You name I have it. I have nasal sprays and it works temporarily but I eventually get right back to the same symptoms and I take Allegra D's but they cost alot Its hard to keep buying them all the time.  But I would recommend allegra d's the pain goes away for 24 hours! But they might keep you up! It only happened to me the first night I took them.  Thanks for all the post it helped me realize that I am not the only one and that sinuses can be a real issue!
I was having sinus infections every three months for two years. The only thing that helped was antibiotics, but it was temporary.

I got desperate and started studying the human body and it dawned on me that all the organs of the body are in a straight line from the anus to the top of the head. That's why you can get shot in the arm and still live.

So to cure sinus problems, you have to attack from both ends, from the mouth and from the colon. It's the only way your gonna cure cronic sinus problems.

The problem is our bodies are full of crap, from bacteria, viruses, chemicals, molds, to ****. You gotta get it out!

For the mouth I used coconut oil extra virgin and sesame seed oil and started oil-pulling. Also, I started flossing my teeth twice a day rinsing with listerine. You can go to ************ and learn all about oil-pulling.

For the colon I used super colon cleanser you can buy from CVS. It takes about two months to heal your sinuses to about 80 %.
Six months to a year for 100% healing.

You will find that doing this will fix allot of other health problems you have also.
Hi am 46 years and has been experiencing/dealing with the exact symptoms along with headache occasionally and some vision changes. The big thiing the pressure in my head. I have been searching the web and came upon your comments .  I too have been back and forth to different ent and neurologist.  I also had several scans and nothing the doctors cant find nothing wrong so they tell me  i will have to llive with the discomfort for the rest of my life, as you know its reallylife altering i dont feel normal, I am dizzy and feel the pressure all day everyday, only when am asleep does the pain go away.  please help.  I will like to feel better, leading a normal life again.  My problem is getting worse.
i have all same symptoms too... find day to day living very had... my doc thinks im a hypacond... get lots of rocking sensations...will post more tomorrow.
i have had balance/dizzy symptoms for about 3 years now.... i get face pressure/head pain sharp shooting pains/ringing in my ears.... this all has led me to become quite housebound... the doc says aggrophobic ... i have panic attacks ... due to all these symptoms..... i'm sure after reading some of the post's here my trouble could be sinus related ??????
I read all of this this morning and I feel like I'm reading myself trying to explain my symptoms to people. I've been suffering with these symptoms for over two years and have been hospitalized twice because of them. I have it all- enormous pressure in the front of my face, racing heartbeat (which causes anxiety attacks), dizziness, vertigo, feeling as if I'm going to pass out at anytime, difficulty talking sometimes- you name it. I, too, have tried everything to counter effect what is going on because the doctors I have gone to have been clueless. One actually put me on Xanax for anxiety! (That has been stopped- talk about feeling like a zombie). The nose flushing does help temporarily, as do hot showers. The worst part is is effects my social/ work life. I'm often afraid/ anxious to go anywhere because I may get light headed and pass out. Sometimes being in strange settings make the symptoms worse. Does anyone else experience that?
Hello everyone! I am a 32 yr old woman, and the symptoms you all have discussed are similar to what I am having. I am having a dull pain (but mine started directly behind my left eye, seems to be spreading up and towards my right eye for the last 3 weeks), the dizzy/spacey/ unreal feeling which just started about a week ago.The left nostril is always congested it seems. I have some pressure when I crinkle my face. It seems like my left eye is slightly blurrier than my right eye, and seems like it doesn't work and move like its supposed to but when people are watching me move it, its working fine. My concentration at work is almost nonexistent. I think I was panicking to death almost breaking down into tears in front of my coworkers because of being afraid of feeling like this. Feels like something is TERRIBLY wrong. It was so bad they had someone at work drive me to the doctor, and I found out that I have high blood pressure 152/100. She put me on a beta-blocker and it has calmed me down a little but the other symptoms are still there. I get nervous because my father had an aneurysm in his late 30's. Last night I was thinking I was dying. I was praying that if something is going to explode in my head to let it happen while I was asleep, PLEASE! But when I laid my head down, I felt something moving from my behind my left eye and up towards the central/frontal part of my head and then I can breath out of my left nostril. I have been using the netti pot and nothing crazy looking has been coming out. It helps sometimes, other times it doesn't. I didn't have the headaches before, but I seem to be having slight headaches, not bad at all, but an annoying headache with pressure from ear to ear. I am wondering if its getting worse because of the seasons changing. Here in NC the pollen gets so bad you can see pollen clouds when the wind blows. I don't think it started yet though. I am scared to go to the dr for this because of all the money I have to kick out. I may still need to go. I just don't want to be told that its all in my head when I know my balance, concentration, and speech are being affected. I guess its better than not knowing if I have a brain tumor or an aneurysm so I better go.

I wish everyone luck, and I hope you all get better soon! Keep us all posted on progress please!

Signed,
AmIReallyHere
Hello there!

Sounds like you are really suffering. Take comfort- you are not crazy. This is a true problem and from everything that I'm reading, it really has become severe in the last two years.
I notice my symptoms get worse when its about to rain (which would make sense, onslaught of allergens).  Two things I do that does provide relief- I do the NetiMed Sinus rinse (not the pot but the sinus bottle-same medicine, different technique) and I take wild oil of oregano capsules. They sometimes start my symptoms up a bit more but after regularly taking them, they really do work on knocking sinues symptoms down.
I think every single one of us needs to demand that more medical research go into these symptoms. There is an entire community of people who feel like they are on the verge of passing out all the time, having panic attacks and very little is being done about it.
Let us know how you are feeling..
Hello there! I am going to try what you said you're doing. I went back to the Dr. this morning (well, I went to Urgent Care) and the dr said that I have Trigeminal Neuralgia/ Tic douloureux. I don't know where he came up with that. They don't have the means to do a CT Scan or anything. I probably should wait until I get referred to an office that has all the equipment. Right now I'm sitting at work, trying not to move too much because I feel weird. He didn't give me any medication for the diagnosis he gave me. He said that the side effects will make me feel worse than I already feel. I don't know what else to do now. I guess I'll just try to stay busy and keep my mind off of things. As of right now, I still have some minor dizziness, but my head feels like its in some vice grips squeezing softly at my temples. When this happens, the dull pain that shoots up from behind my left goes away. I hope everyone is doing well, and I will let you know what I come up with. Thanks again Wolfmom68!
Hi, I am constantly amazed that we all appear to suffer from an identifiable problem but that no research is being carried out by this. i can set up  a website to collate all this information if there is demand for it - which will then make it easier to draw to the medics attention.

what do you think?

Secondly I have been suffering pressure pain in my upper face and sinusitis with dizziness for 15 years now. The good news is I have had every test known to the medical community and all are normal save for reflux of stomach acid which has been mentioned many times on this blog. I am strong and healthy - holding down a good job in London and running marathons and triathlons which I find takes my mind off the pain.

Yesderday I went to Geneva Switzerland to see a specialist physician working with sinus and stomach problems. He immediatley told me there is a strong link proven in the literature between acid reflux and sinus ear and throat congestion even extending to lung conditions.

He said the acid should be stopped at all cost as it could cause throat cancer and in his opinion was without doubt the cause of my pain.

He could not explain the strange pressure feeling that we are all describing and ruled out a link to the dizziness problem.

I believe there is a feedback system operating that goes something like this-

pain causes body stress - this in turn causes stomach over produciton of acid - this leads to over production of phlegm through LRT (laryngopharyngeal reflux) - this leads to sinus inflammation / eustachian tube blockage / vestibular disorder - through the bodies own self cleaning through mucous produciton being affected detrimentally.
upper head area
How the pressure pain fits into this I can not guess. What is specifcally causing this feeling? What is the mechanism?

I agree with my Swiss medic that the stomach acid is causing the inflammation that is the source of the discomfort but I strongly believe there is a mechanism at work that prevents the upper head area functioning normally and which creates the negative feedback to kick off the feedback loop described above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

best  to all    
Recently came across this thread. I wanted to share that I've had sinus allergies for almost 8-10 years. Only since last year, I noticed that the sinus allergies were causing a bit of eye strain ( and ocasionally a slight increase in eye-pressure ?). For me, this only affects my reading small print or reading from a computer screen in the evenings or  driving at night with glaring lights all around ( basically when there is insufficient natural light). However, when I do not have congestion issues, the eye strain goes away completely so much so that I can even read without my "reading glasses' ( which I am supposed to use anyways).
Just wanted to get this out, so that if someone is worried about eye-strain and needs a confirmation ( relief) about any corelation between sinus-pressure and eye-strain, I would like to add my two cents from my personal experience and say that I strongly think so.  Most opthalmologists do not seem to take this factor into account.

Best wishes to everyone.  
I have  horrible sinus problems all year around it seems like it gets worse each and every year. I pretty much tried everything from colon to total body cleanses and the netti pot and nothing works. To sum it up, mucus is my biggest problem it runs down the back of my throat and fills up my stomach. A lot of times when I eat something the food gets stuck in my espougus and won't even go into my stomach and I just spit or puke up the food with a ton of mucus and pretty much after that I can get the food in my stomach. I can't even follow a regular diet any more, alot of times my diet is dependent on  my allergies are treating me so I can't eat  a proper diet. slight changes in heat, cold and humidty wheather coming from an  indoor heater or just mother nature control my life, I really dont know what to do anymore shall live in a plastic bubble.
Here is what I tried and it is working....slowly...no sugar, no pasta and breads...eat a lot of protein ( chicken sticks) and green veggies.Make sure you are getting the necessary vitamins.  A neti-pot of salt water helps as does plain ole Vicks Vaporub and a cool mist vaporizer at night.. Diet is key and NO smoking!
Yes sinus pressure can cause vision problems. As well as nausea, headache, ear ache, sore throat from drainage, dizziness, etc.

Hey, don't worry..treat your body right and it stays right. Treat it wrong with a bad diet and lack of fresh air and exercie, and your body will pay.
Hello All, I have sat here and read all your stories and let me tell you.  I to am suffering from Sinus pressure, headaches, dizziness and is *****.  I have been dizzy for about 3 weeks and let me tell you it's not fun I to feel like I'm drunk and I have to be standing near something or someone just to hold onto them or it when I stand still because I feel like i'm going to fall over.  I've been taking travel Sickness pills that you can get over the counter for the dizziness and they work for a while but I am so frustrated sometimes that it hasn't gone away.  I am still taking medication that the doctor has given me but still hoping it goes away.  I feel for each and everyone of you but i'm glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering from this.  God Bless you all and take care and hope all your sinus issues go away along with my sinus issues.

**
SITUATION AND SYMPTOMS:  53 year old male.  Every spring I get allergy problems.  Last spring was brutal, as I had to work late into the evenings and my already deteriorated exercize regimen dropped to zero for a couple of months.  My nasal drainage had stopped completely, which is when things get the worst.  While the sinus pressure does not cause great pain, it is the accompanying symptoms that are debilitating.  In early May I had a couple of bouts of extreme weakness that would hit out of the blue.  I would suddenly feel like I might pass out.  I went in and the first doc said my nasal cavities, inner ears, and throat were all very red and swollen.  She prescribed antibiotics, but I was still struggling so I went to the second doctor for extended treatment.  I was now starting to feel a hazy mental condition from time to time and still unable to exercise.  Didn't feel at all like myself.  Went to my regular doc, who said he could see nothing, but I could feel the pressure above my eye so I got a different antibiotic and a one shot of steroids.  Taking the antibiotic caused abdominal pain that grew worse each day until it got real bad and I quit taking it.  Then I developed diaherra.  Got very weak and worked from bed for a week.  I gradually got a bit better and tried to fly up to visit my family, but got so weak I had to leave the airport.  I spent another week working from bed.  I felt only strong enough to minimally cook and care for myself, as well as make a few trips to several doctors.  I would use a shopping cart as a walker in order to pick up groceries.  I had tingling in my hand after showering, and tingling in my feet.  I regularly felt like I was half-numb throughout my body.  There were also some acute issues.  Once it felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat in the eye, just out of the blue.  Another time it felt like my brain had moved suddenly, and I lost sense of balance and felt very weak, but did not fall over.  I saw several docs over the three week period, and they all said there was nothing wrong with me.  An ENT prescribed a nasal steroid, and a gastro enterologist assured me I would not die from these problems, even though I had diahrea for three weeks solid and had lost ten pounds.  I got occasional chest pains and some shooting pains down my left arm, but they weren't severe.  Nonetheless, after my pulse was measured at 48 I was rushed to a cardiologist who said my heart was not an issue, but that stomach issues can cause low pulse rates.  My primary care doc prescribed Nexium, and the gastro enterologist said that is how they would treat acid reflux or an ulcer, so I began that and the chest pains went away fairly quickly.
THEORY: After analyzing my condition I realized that my above-eye sinuses had probably gotten totally blocked.  I had acute glaucoma 15 years earlier, and that had caused severe weakness, which is a known symptom of glaucoma.  While the docs all say that sinus pressure doesn't do the same thing, I believe that it does if the sinus cavity is completely blocked.  I then believe that the antibiotics and steroids caused the diahrea and an ulcer, which compounded my problems.  With the stomach problems, I could not eat correctly.  Being in bed for two of three weeks had caused me to become quite weak on top of it.  Lack of exercise over the previous six months likely further worsened my overall health.  Also, I realized that the sinuses, esophagus, stomach and intenstines are all one system, and that sinus problems may lead to stomach and intestinal issues and vice versa.  I theorized that nasal drainage might cause acid increase, and acid reflux might trigger additional mucosal flows.  What was needed was a holistic treatment of that entire system.
TREATMENT: I came up with a treatment plan based on my theory.  I did the NeilMed saline rinse right away upon waking and took Nexium then as well.  An hour later I did another NeilMed rinse.  This was to clear out the lower sinus.  The idea is that if the nose and lower sinus are all cleared out, then the upper sinuses will be free to drain into them.  The nose and lower sinus are also the entry point for allergens, so keeping them clear is job one.  If congested later in the day, I would rinse again, up to five times a day if needed.  On the second rinse I make sure to regularly floss and brush, including brushing of the tounge.  When one is sick, such hygene matters can me overlooked.  Also, clearing out of ear wax.  All of that tissue is connected, and keeping it all in proper shape should help the overall system.  Next up in importance was exercise.  I started with a ten minute walk, which I could barely finish, but then added a 2 minute jog in the next week.  Then a 4 minute jog the next week.  Each month showed slow steady progress, and by keeping on the system I am now back to the full workout which is a 20 minute jog Sunday Tuesday Thursday and my tae kwon do forms on Monday Wednesda Friday.  Six days a week.  I also do 15 situps and pushups each morning.
RESULTS: With the steady, month by month, progress I am now back to feeling normal again.  Not tip top shape yet, but all of the earlier symptoms are either gone or vastly reduced.  Of course, the first thing everyone should do is see a doctor, as numerous things can cause symptoms.  But if the docs say there is nothing wrong with you, then proper hygene and a good exercise routine may be very beneficial.

ADDENDUM - I see I failed to mention that the rinse routine, floss and brush should be done every day.  Also, I weened myself off of Nexium after about three months, and then had another three months on Pepsid, and finally with the presumed ulcer cured, I am now down to just an occasional Tums.