Allergy Community
How To control Increased levels of SGPT and SGOT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hiiiiii........
My Name is Gurpreet Singh.
My SGPT and SGOT levels are quite high then normal i.e around 110.
Please suggest me methods to control it and also suggest the proper diet.
And please mention the effects of increased level of SGOT and SGPT.
I am already having Steroids.
I am on pretnisolone from 7 months. Please help me out.
I will be much obliged.
Thank you very much.
Tags: sgot, sgpt
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normal values for SGOT is 0-35 and SGPT is 4-36. The SGPT and SGOT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
my sgot level is 59 and sgpt level is 150.thats make any problems in my liver?how can reduse?
MY SGOT AND SGPT IS -130AND 136 , SEVERE HEADACHE AND SHIVERING HAND FOR LAST 25 DAYS ,
KINDLY ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The SGPT and SGOT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Injury to the liver causes the enzymes to be spilled into the bloodstream. Hope hepatitis has been ruled out. The diagnosis of hepatitis A infection is based on the raised levels of anti HAV of IgM type. Diagnosis of hepatitis B infection is based on the raised levels of HBsAg and IgM. Also, have an ultrasonogram done to rule out fatty liver disease. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

In the meantime you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Take a good protein diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
my mother SGPT is 388 and she is 57/58 years age ....she does not have any problem like jaundice ,nausea ,Abdominal pain or vomitting but she has leg pain
Hi I jus wanna know if my result of SGPT is normal, 38.00 U/L. because there reference value is 0.00-33.00 U/L, I have history of ovarian cancer and undergone operation and chemotherapy at the age of 22 years old. What Should I do to lower my SGPT? is that Scary?
past two month i'm sufering with hepatetese A. no the bilrumin count is 1.50.But SGPT level is 270.
plz give me som insructions. Is it a danger sitvation..??
plzz hel me
I have jaundice and taking medication for it.
My SGOT &  SGPT level suddenly increased as SGOT-49 & SGPT-56.
Can u tell me the reason and suggest  me to to reduce this levels.
hai sir my sgot 50 and sgpt 60 my billirubian level 1.8 i am suffering from jaundice past 6 months my blood test conclud that hbsag hcv is negative is this danger pls help me
anvee

my father has sgpt and sgot 90 and 54 respectively. also his widal test is positive and has high cholestrol. his salam typhi "o" and salam typhi "h" is also positive.his lipid profile is 900.
please suggest to reduce these levels.
waiting for your prompt reply
iam  18 year old boy  .yesterday i tested my sgpt .it was  37. also i  have a bilirubin level of 1.1 .  iam having pain in stomack for last 14  days.do i need to visit doctor

sorry bad english
MY BROTHER'S AGE IS 6 yrs,and his SGOT =64 AND SGPT=65.
please guide us...what should we do????

my sgpt level is 121.8 what should i do to reduce it my s cholesterol is 237,  HDL chol 30 and ldl chol 158  chole hdl 7.9 LDL/HDL 5.2
hello sir

I had sgpt and sgot levels of 50 and 90.
i also got severe throat infection.
i got sonography done.
it says fatty liver.

Should i go for test hep c.

please suggest\

c.p.singh
hello SIR,

TEST DATE        TEST                REPORT

13-02-2014      HBsAg ELISA      Neg (0.04)

24-06-2014     HBsAg ELISA      Neg (0.0)

17-03-2013     SGPT (ALT)         20 U/L

13-02-2014     SGPT (ALT)         85 U/L

Hello sir, I am 22 year old boy as you can see there is a change in result of my reports i am really worried that am i infected with any any type of disease that is killing me from inside slowly. I do not feel any type of sickness but the only problem i am facing is how much ever i eat but i am not gaining any weight, my weight is falling day by day. Please help me is it a serious issue.

Thank you
hello SIR,

24-06-2014     HBsAg ELISA      Neg (0.06)

Thank you
aa
Hello sir, I am 32 year old boy as you. i m facing some problem in my  

Thank you body pain and my sgpt result

08-11-2014     SGPT (ALT)         70 U/L please advice how to solved this problem
My SGOT/SGPT Levels are 136/ 186 and by scanning there it shows fatty liver
what are the possible remedies i take care of
SGOT & SGPT levels are very effectively controlled by silimyrin, an alternative medicine, in use for a very long time.
Guys,

Any reading of SGOT and SGPT levels being higher than 40iU/L is said to be dangerous.
If the same levels rise over 75, you are in the risk of being Critical of any liver disease.
Remember, a liver inflammation may or may not be caused by a liver problem per-se, instead, it might be caused by some other inflammation in the body, and an enlarged liver might just be a symptom to it. If you have these readings above 75, and if you are not diagnosed with any of the symptms like diarrhoes, vomitting, nausea, etc, then I suggest you also get a test of 'Complete Blood Count with ESR' done. The actual problems might be unearthed through this. Whatever be the case, have a complete control on your diet. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT indulge in hard physical activities like body-building etc, and even control the amount you walk or travel. I would rather suggest to get a complete rest for about 2 weeks, and that means, COMPLETE BED REST, and have Only fluids in your diet. Your levels will automatically come down to 45 or even less, if u follow.

Thanks,
SD
Dietician