How do you cure Caffeine Intolerance/Allergy
In my early 20s I was a long distance runner with highly controlled diet and training. I soon realized that caffeine was causing me muscle pulls.  When not in training I had no problem.  In mid thirties I began having issues with caffeine again, but causing occasional vertigo and lower back pain.  At age 45 all hell broke loose.  My legs starting going.  Again I traced it to caffeine.  Withing 5 years I was a deadman walking. Today I am 57.  If I was to drink a cup of coffee, eat a chocolate ice cream cone, or drink a coke, I would be dead or near death.  The last time couple of time I tried, about a year apart I almost died and did not totally recover physically.   In all honesty, I think I have ALS but because I am staying away from the trigger, I live. Caffeine could be the cause of all muscular dystrophy.  Can someone work with me to find a cure?
I think a lot of people suffer from a caffeine allergy and do not know it. The caffeine itself acts as an anti-histamine, masking the symptoms. In 10 years it will likely be as commonly understood as peanut allergies. I get panic attacks from coffee and severe muscle pains. It's taken me decades to make the connection. The cure? There is none yet. I have heard of a doctor that is having success with peanut allergies by administering very low doses and gradually increasing. He starts with something like 1/1 million of a microgram. After a year of this the patient can tolerate some peanuts. Perhaps the same would work for coffee. What I am trying to figure out is if it is a true allergy or if I simply lack the enzyme to digest the protein. If it is a lack of enzyme, there must be something we could take. Interestingly, some of my children seem to have inherited the problem. My 6-year old goes insane and becomes almost violent if she has chocolate. Let me know if you discover anything.