Allergy Community
How do you cure Caffeine Intolerance/Allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

In my early 20s I was a long distance runner with highly controlled diet and training. I soon realized that caffeine was causing me muscle pulls.  When not in training I had no problem.  In mid thirties I began having issues with caffeine again, but causing occasional vertigo and lower back pain.  At age 45 all hell broke loose.  My legs starting going.  Again I traced it to caffeine.  Withing 5 years I was a deadman walking. Today I am 57.  If I was to drink a cup of coffee, eat a chocolate ice cream cone, or drink a coke, I would be dead or near death.  The last time couple of time I tried, about a year apart I almost died and did not totally recover physically.   In all honesty, I think I have ALS but because I am staying away from the trigger, I live. Caffeine could be the cause of all muscular dystrophy.  Can someone work with me to find a cure?
I think a lot of people suffer from a caffeine allergy and do not know it. The caffeine itself acts as an anti-histamine, masking the symptoms. In 10 years it will likely be as commonly understood as peanut allergies. I get panic attacks from coffee and severe muscle pains. It's taken me decades to make the connection. The cure? There is none yet. I have heard of a doctor that is having success with peanut allergies by administering very low doses and gradually increasing. He starts with something like 1/1 million of a microgram. After a year of this the patient can tolerate some peanuts. Perhaps the same would work for coffee. What I am trying to figure out is if it is a true allergy or if I simply lack the enzyme to digest the protein. If it is a lack of enzyme, there must be something we could take. Interestingly, some of my children seem to have inherited the problem. My 6-year old goes insane and becomes almost violent if she has chocolate. Let me know if you discover anything.