Allergy Community
I have a lot of flem(phlegm) in my throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Okay so i've had this or a year or so idk how long... but i always have to spit because i have a lot of flem (phlegm) in my throat.. like before and after i eat i have to spit and when i drink too... its really annoying and embarrassing.. why do i do this?? should we get it checked out? i don't' wanna live the rest of my life like this....... please no rude answers.. this is serious.. i also have really bad allergie!
I also have asthma, its not bad where i need an inhalor.......
maybe this is caused of my asthma? i'm always getting sick with a running nose and cough..

Please help.. I am 17 years old and its been going on for 3 years...
Welcome to the forum!
Allergies and asthma are reasons enough for extra phlegm production. This along with acidity can cause gastric reflux. This reflux can add to the phlegm. There is a chance that you have swollen tonsils and adenoids (adenoids), which hamper with phlegm clearance. Take steam twice a day to loosen this phlegm. Also consult an ENT specialist. Consult an allergy specialist and get allergy tests done to know what you are allergic to. Avoiding the allergens is the best treatment. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

thank you for telling me...
I'll talk to my mom about it because like now my throat is alittle soar kinda you know? i cough a lot i used to all the time... i don't know what i'm allergic to its like pollen and all that junk.. I'll show my mom this and maybe she''ll think something of it...