Allergy Community
I have the worst eye allergies, Please Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

What else can I do?
I moved to Louisiana in the USA and I got terrible eye allergies, Very Very Puffy, itchy, Red eyes for days, I can varely open my eyes sometimes.
I already got the vaccine shots "all of them" "for months", I tried Pataday, Optivar, Vigamox, Astropo, Veramyst, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Naphcon A, all together! by doctor prescription, and my allergies are worst than ever.

I did the tea bags, the ice spoons on my eyes, everything at home is against allergens.
I have no idea of what else I can do, I'm 29 years old and my eyes look like a 50 years old, Its making my life miserable.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Will your doctor let you go off all of the eyedrops and try preservative free o-t-c onesfor lubrication purposes??

I'd maybe see an Opthamologist and see what they say, too?  Is it possible you've developed an allergy to one of the ingredients in your eye drops??????

WELCOME~

C~
I use Visine Allergy eye drops--they work better than the drops from the eye doctor.
ChitChatNine, thanks for ur help!.
I went to an Opthamologist, he gave me some gel that just took the itching away but not the puffy eyes, he finally sent me to the allergist.

is that o-t-c something I can get from the counter without prescription? Honestly I don't even want to go back to the allergist, I can't affort 1 appointment a week and expensive medicine that is not working at all.  
KeyD, I saww a commercial of Visine on tv, I'll try it too.
hi. my name is chong park
from reno nevada

i science tast allergy milk
tested 2 year and knownsed at reno nevada 2008 now 2010 reno nevada peoples already know stop allregy milk
stop eyes itching watery eyes
stop itching throat
stop sneezing
stop  runny nose.
trust me drink milk you will getting very comfortable
drink lot's some milk and or you have some  steering drink milk
chong
sorry top number first one. stop allregy
read this one. stop allergy then thank you.
I have probably the worst grass allergies of anyone I know and I come from a family of people with allergies.  I don't have a solution for you but I do need to say DON'T use Visine allergy eye relief or any of those cheap, crappy OTC eye drops.  I actually had an allergic reaction to Visine and my sclera (the whites of my eye) puffed up so bad, they looked like balloons that you could pop with a pin.  When I was tested, the allergy doctor had to pull me out of the testing room and give me a shot of epinephrine because I was having such a sever reaction.  I also got 2.5 years of shots, one in each arm, every week and it did NOTHING.  The only relief I get is when winter returns.  If I rinse my eyes out with cold water and apply a cold rag compress, it gives some relief.  That's not so awesome when you wear makeup.  I'm waiting for the day that someone finally finds a cure for seasonal allergies.  When you don't suffer from them, you have no idea how horrible it is.  I just saw on the news, there is a new grass allergy pill, but I researched it and it is only 17-30% effective and it works the same as the shots.  In other words, for me, it won't work at all.  Good luck and I hope you find a "solution" (excuse the pun).  Please post it if you do.  I just spent $200 on Patadine and I'm worried it won't work.  Obamacare doesn't cover it.  Apparently, anaphylactic shock isn't considered serious enough to cover.