Allergy Community
I need to relieve my scabies symtoms(symptoms)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I wasnt sure where to post this. I was diagnosed with scabies just a few days ago. I took the permethrin cream. But I am still itching like crazy. It is irritating, even painful. I have been using Gold Bond body lotion in an attempt to stop the itching I also use hydrocortizone, but they only work for about an hour and I am back to stratching myself. Are there any effective non-prescription ways to stop this maddening itch?
Hi there, I also was infected terribly with scabies in July 07. We stayed at a hotel in Bakersfield, California that was terribly infected with bed bugs that we discovered the next morning. The bed bugs also gave us scabies. I have terrible scars from the bed bug bites that were infected and the itching and sores.  7 Dr appointments and seven prescriptions later they finally left with a final body washing three nights in a row with tea tree oil. I had never heard of it before, it smells like turpentine and licorice but holy mackeral does it work. Try it, LindaSueBob

Linda is right.

You would need to consult your doctor again and ask him/her to prescribe you a change of medication and a wash for you and your clothes etc - so that the scabies mite is taken care of completely.

You will have to see your doctor again for this.

Keep us posted.

Regards.
Tea Tree Oil only relieve the itching but does not actually kill the mites off skin

How are you doing now? Have you been to see your dermatologist?

Let us know about whether you have had any symptomatic relief and also post us if you have any doubts.

On what medications are you currently?

Are you following up with your doctor regularly?

Keep us posted.

Regards.