Allergy Community
I sneeze when I stand up.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I sneeze when I stand up.

I have developed allergies over the last year.  They seem to be getting worse.  I haven't pin pointed exactly what I'm allergic to, but I will sneeze anywhere not just in my own home.  I take an over the counter allergy medicine to help and it does help some.  

My question is...Why do I start sneezing as soon as I get out of bed and stand up?  My symptoms seem to settle down as the day progresses and I don't sneeze while I'm in bed for the night.  But as soon as I get up it starts up right away.  Even if I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I will sneeze.

Also if I touch or rub my nose (because it's itchy) I will sneeze.  Then I have to blow my nose cause the sneezing makes it run.  Then because I touched my nose to blow it, I start sneezing again.  Its an endless cycle!

Does anyone have allergy symptoms like this?  

You seem to be having allergic rhinitis or hay fever. Allergic rhinitis is a collection of symptoms, predominantly in the nose and eyes, caused by airborne particles of dust, dander, or plant pollens in people who are allergic to these substances.

When a person with allergies breathes in an allergen such as pollen or dust, antibodies are produced. When the antibodies are stimulated by pollen and dust, histamine and other chemicals are released. This causes itching,sneezing, swelling, and mucus production.

Pls contact an allergic specialist and get skin tests like skin ***** test done. In this a small amount of allergen is introduced into the skin of the forearm and the reaction of the skin is noted. If there is any redness then that person is allergic to the allergen introduced.

You can also get blood tests like RAST done.This will help in finding out the causing allergen and treatment can then be prescribed for it.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

I have been debating whether or not I should see a specialist.  It  would be nice just to know exactly what I'm allergic to.

I just don't undertand why I don't sneeze while I'm lying down, but as soon as I stand up I start sneezing.  I also don't understand why I have these stupid allergies now.  I haven't had them my whole life and now all the sudden I do.  :(

I'm detoxifying right now.  I hope it helps!

Thanks for the info.

I just happened upon your post because I have EXACTLY the same symptoms you described about sneezing the minute I stand up or get up out of bed!  This has been ongoing for almost 8 months.  I have tried about 5 different antihistamines with no relief.  I have always had allergies and hay fever, but not every single day for 8 monthw!  Have you had any relief??
I have exactly same symptoms. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom in the mornings cause I know, as soon as I will stand up, my allergy will kick in and I will not be able to fall asleep again because of the sneezing and runny nose.

Were you able to figure out what's causing it?
Ok, im totally dying here! Lying in bed reading this because i cant stand up or ill sneeze. I sleep with a box of kleenex next to me and usually run out by morning. Sometimes i barely sleep because i keep waking up sneezing. Its crazy! I was told i am allergic to yeast...could this be the problem? Its hard to tell because they say symptoms don't alerts appear right away and could take days to come out. I've tried going on fasts and things cleared up but since i eliminate pretty much EVERYTHING when I'm on the diet, its hard to tell. Food Elimination diets are pretty difficult and time consuming but it looks like i have no choice but to try again. I will try NO YEAST  in my diet for a week and see what happens. This means i can't eat anything with fungus or that has been fermented. Bread, cheeses, alcohol, vinegar, anything packaged or processed...i have a book that says that most people are allergic to yeast since we often over consume them as a society. You can develop allergies by over consumption. Plus yeast create a lot of mucus in your system and it kinda makes sense with all the runny nose, and the body trying to detox and bring out all the fluids. Either way, I'm going to try and let you guys know. I can't continue living like this!!
Check your thyroid. I used to be the queen of allergies before tyroid meds
I have the same issue, as soon as i wake up in the morning. and preparing to go to washroom, i can feel the sneeze thing is about to happen. my nose starts kind of internal itching and then i sneeze for almost 4 to 5 times. this is happening for almost 7 to 8 months now. I consulted a doctor once , he gave me some anti-allergic bu those didn't worked actually. I wonder if you have figured out some treatment for this.