I stopped my prednisone early and I think my reaction is coming back.
I was given 50mg prednisone at the ER on Sunday 3am, following a delayed reaction to penicillin. I proceeded to take 50mg daily until I started feeling horrible (today) I asked the pharmacist and she told me to stop if I felt palpitations and high blood pressure which is exactly what i felt. I noticed now 14hrs later my rash is coming back and i feel my throat pulsating (not sure if that's from palpitations of carotid artery) or if i'm closing up again, slowly? I haven't taken benadryl in over 24hrs either because I felt taking all these medications was making me feel bad and I figured since my skin looked normal the reaction was over. I took the missed dose of prednisone now and my next dose is at 11am is that too early for the next one? What should I do if I continue feeling palpitations in my throat? My bp was higher than normal today 129/80 and my heart rate was 123bpm (i'm only 20 in fairly good health usually 111-116/80-90, usually 81bpm) Should i take benadryl again? I've taken prednisone in the past, only once for another allergic reaction and I don't remember it affecting me like this. I'm still breathing just barely wheezing. I'd appreciate any advice ASAP as i'm a little nervous.
Forgot to add the dose is 50mg for five days once daily. So I took my missed dose and have just one left for 11am, today.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Steroids can be given for shorter durations without tapering. If there is a worsening of the rash and breathlessness, I would suggest you obtain a referral to an allergist or an ENT who does allergy testing.  That is the only way to reliably know what is causing your allergic reaction.  Some allergies can be life-threatening as they can precipitate anaphylactic shock in which the swelling can be so severe that it impairs the ability to breathe.  Therefore, I would suggest you see someone as soon as possible.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.