IGE levels and what they mean
My IGE level is 225, I want to know what that means as to severity.  I have been on Xolair for one year, 300mg every two weeks, and I don't feel as if it has helped.  I am considering stopping treatment due to no change.  I am on Advair 500\50, Singulair 10mg, Spiriva, Claritin, Albuterol (both by nebulizer and fast inhaler) prednisone every month, for the last 2 years and I don't feel any better.  Coughing is my main symptom, in which I will hyperventilate to the point of passing out (almost).  It is now to the point that I am probably triggering my asthma due to stress over my job from being out of work so much, waiting to be LET Go and the financial burden this disease has brought upon me.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is a class of antibody that has only been found in mammals. It plays an important role in allergy, and is especially associated with type 1 hypersensitivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IgE

Constantly increasing IgE levels, means atopy. Atopy or atopic syndrome is an allergic hypersensitivity affecting parts of the body not in direct contact with the allergen. It may involve eczema (atopic dermatitis), allergic conjunctivitis, allergic rhinitis and asthma.
IgE may be an important target in treatments for allergy and asthma.

I feel that you should take a second opinion from an immunologist and disuss the various modes of treatment of atopy in you case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do kep me posted on how you are doing.

i have an increased IGE level of 350...i used to get red dots on my skin and also when i wake up i get red pointed dots on my face..i am really stressd out bcz my face is not as before...i am taking allegra180mg,nexpro40mg, techzine & omncratil....kindly advice me for speedy recovery!!!
Hi. My IgE level was 1958. I take 2 xolair injections every 2 weeks. I take almost the same medications. I also was diagnosed with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. I cough so much, nothing my doctors give me can stop me from coughing. I have tried everything. I have to take promethizine with codeine every 4 hours to try to keep me quiet. I can understand your frustration. I take tessalon perles,2 every 8 hours and that don't work. Can someone help us? I am about ready to throw in the towel. I can't work because I be so shortness of breath and barking all over the place. My email address is ***@****. I would like to hear from someone who might could help me.