Allergy Community
I'm not sure why I'm having an allergic reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I am having an odd skin allergy and I don't know why. I know I am allergic to nickel, and to some powdered deoderants (like Secret and Sure), but nothing that I know of touched this area. It is between my breasts, and it's a similar reaction to nickel, where it's bumpy, swolen, red and itchy. Only, when I get a nickel reaction, I take off the nickel product and it is gone within a day. This I have had for a week and it's not getting any better. It started when I exercised 4 days in a row (I rarely ever exercise) and I wore an underwire bra. (I was only walking in place mainly - hardly brought a sweat) but I have read that sweat can leach the nickel out of bras and cause a reaction. I have exercised in my bra before and it has never caused an issue, plus, I did not get a reaction where the underwire is located, so I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it's the only thing I can think of.  I switched to a bra that had no underwire but the reaction still hasn't gone away (and I have not exercised since). It's beginning to worry me. Oh, and an important note: I do not have medical insurance and won't until the beginning of December. I will see my doctor then if it's still there, but until then, is there anything I can do to get rid of the allergy? What could I possibly be allergic to, just in that area??