Allergy Community
Intradermal testing and candida reaction?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intradermal testing and candida reaction?

I'm going through the "joy" of having intradermal testing done. The one patch they do is a Candida patch. Apparently, this is supposed to test your immune system function or somesuch and everyone reacts unless they have a compromised immune system.

Anyway, how long is the reaction supposed to last and how severe? Anyone know?

They told me when it was done that the spot would continue to develop. I was expecting a red, possibly itchy, bump. Ummmm... no. What I got was a patch about the size of a quarter full of painful blisters. Even my clothing brushing against it would hurt. And its still there after a week. The redness around it has gone down considerably. At one point, there was a 3" wide red welt around the blisters. The pain has gone away but the blisters itch like crazy all the time.

Is this normal?

Thanks!