Allergy Community
Irritated lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Irritated lips

In January I had been busing to work in the early morning in cold weather conditions and that's when my lip problem began. It started out dry and peel-y and then started becoming swollen in the morning when I woke up and itchy and red around the outline of my lips with tiny bumps. The outline of my lips also became chapped and cracked and tiny open wounds which I put salt water on to speed up the healing. It took weeks before it got better, but now my lips are left extremely sensitive. Lip products I used to wear before now irritate my lips immediately, causing only the red itchy ring around my lips. I am wondering what caused this all of a sudden this year? I do not lick my lips so it wasn't that...
I have this too!  Exactly!  I have allergies, but it's never manifested like this before...  I drink lots of water, so I know I'm not dehydrated.  I take allergy meds before I go to bed (puts me to sleep during the day).  I don't know what else to do.  My skin is very sensitive and can't handle old makeup and I routinely have to switch products... maybe it's that time again...  Ugh!  Health professionals, comments??!!