Allergy Community
Is this normal after septoplasty?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Is this normal after septoplasty?

8 days ago I had a septoplasty and middle turbinate resection.  Things are going as expected I assume.  The nurses removed the splints on the 6th day.  The doc. was on vacation.  I go back in 4 days to see the doc.  My question is, should I be snoring more now or not?  I am sleeping on my back now when I use to sleep on my side. Would that be a reason?

Snoring is caused by the vibration of the respiratory structures when air passes through them. It may be caused by obstruction in the passage.

After any surgery there may be some kind of change in the anatomy which may be temporary or permanent which may cause the snoring.

You may have to go back to your doctor to get this reviewed as well as the positional change checked. I am not ruling out the use of pads after surgery which may have caused this snoring.

You may read more about snoring at:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoring

Let me know if you may need any more information