Allergy Community
Itching caused by Generic ceterizine? is that possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

There doesnt seem to be research going on, about ceterizine, causing itching if stopped. I noticed that while on ceterizine, i get intensely itchy at one part of my body, at first it was my scalp, now my torso. I have heard people getting itch while trying to stop ceterizine. As i had nasal allergies, which only ceterizine can stop, but it also has an added side effect of causing itch. note, i also have dermatitis. but when i take this, it takes about 1-2 weeks of taking the ceterizine to show up. i have did try to take diphenhydramine and chlorpheneramine maleate, but i became tolerant to those drugs too fast.