Allergy Community
Itching in my ears ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itching in my ears ??

I was used to drink a can of beer everyday for about three months.and I noticed its has caused for itching in my ears.in the beginning my ears were turning into red colour after a drink and i was feeling those were a bit high in tempraure and gradually it's chaned to itching.i haven't started using any ointments or medicine of any kind though I stopped drinking beer.i would be thankful if someone could help to get rid of this allergy.kindly advise me for any medicines if you can,could be a great help...
my recommendation is that you make an appointment to see an ear, nose and throat doctor -- that is what i do for my ear problems
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms described by you could be due a skin disorder called eczema. People who suffer from this disorder should avoid contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. So, the best way to prevent attacks is to identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. Consult your  primary care physician for therapy. If the need arises he may refer you to a dermatologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.