Itchy Eyes - Eye Allery from L'Occitane's Ultra Comforting Cleansing Milk
I recently switched face cleansers to L'Occitane's Shea & Cotton Ultra Comforting Cleansing Milk and had a terrible reaction. My eyes were terribly itchy and watered constantly. In the morning, I woke up with crust on my eyes and white discharge. For over a week I didn't think it was the cleanser because my skin had no adverse reaction. However, after visiting the doctor, it was determined I had an allergic reaction to this L'Occitane product. I have stopped using the product and my eyes have made a full recovery. Hope this helps anyone who may encounter a similar problem.
Hi Jessica2,
Thank you for the post. This would certainly help other people who may be using this cleanser that could become allergic to it. Allergy or hypersensitivity is a reaction of your immune system to something that does not bother most other people. Before, it is believed that the reason allergies develop is through genetics. However, with more people experiencing allergies, environmental factors are also considered. Allergies can cause a runny nose, sneezing, itching, rashes, and/or swelling (this may include your airways). Anaphylaxis is generally used to describe a serious and life-threatening allergic reaction.

Take care and regards.