Allergy Community
Itchy,Irritable blisters in male private parts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

My son is having a red itchy blister around his scrotum and penis. He is 5 years old. What possible type of skin infection he has.?

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it can be an allergic reaction,insect bite,contact dermatitis ,sweat dermatitis or diaper rash, folliculitis or a fungal infection.

Pls apply calamine lotion on this rash and ask your child not to scratch the blister as it may introduce infections.I sincerely advise you to consult a pediatrician or a dermatologist and get it assessed as without clinical examination,diagnosis is tough and treatment for such a young child is diagnosis specific.We can’t try over the counter medicines in children.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your child is doing or of you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.