Allergy Community
Itchy Rash after RIngworm Treatment
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy Rash after RIngworm Treatment

In November I had a bad case of Ringworm which started on my left leg and traveled to my right. I have never had a history of fungal infections so I did not know what the problem was until it had spread. I was given a topical anti-fungal and eventually Lamasil for 2 weeks. After the treatment the ring worm was gone and I developed a rash on my legs only, that looked like acne. A skin biopsy was taken and there was no sign of it being a fungus or bacteria. I was given a steroid cream for treatment, but it did not help the itching. Currently I am still having small bumps (though not *****) develop around my hair follicles on my legs that are extreemely itchy. I've been itching for 9 months straight! Any idea of what this could be or how I can get rid of it?