Allergy Community
Itchy Red Bumps, All Over Body?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itchy Red Bumps, All Over Body?

For 3 weeks now i have had a very sevear itch all over my body, it first started on my stomach, 1st the itching then the red bumps appeared, like mosqito bites (but not), this then spread to my thighs, and backs off my knee's, the bumps are all over the backs off my knees, but my thighs, its like a cluster off smaller red bumps, and on the front off my thigh, there are alot off spread out red patches, that are very itchy, (on both legs). This then spread to my arms, now around the bend on my arm there are the small bumps, like the bumps on my thigh, but then up my arm stopping at my wrist, there are hundrens off tiny raised pin pricks, some are flesh coloured some are red.
Then it spread to my hips and i have got alot off bumps, like mosqito bites (like they 1st started on my stomach), now it has spread to my under arm and near my armpit, this rash being more like the rash on my thighs, close together and raised.
I also have some very large fleshy bumps, just near my armpits, around the back, that are very sore now due to scrathing.
My rash gets alot worse when i get hot, and also hot water flares it up, skin to skin contact makes me more itchy and clothes, or anything touching the affected areas makes it more itchy!
I Have been on medication for it, antihistamines, and Antibiotics, neither clearing the rash, and my doctor said it might be scabies, but i have seen on websites about how and where it starts and i have none of the signs, plus with scabies being VERY contagious, my partner or my baby, have not got the rash i have! And alot off people have said it isn't, So im sceptical about that.
Does anyone have any idea what my rash is, and how i can cure it, coz its driving me MAD, for 3 weeks now i have been itching like crazy, and i have a 5 week old baby to look after and im finding it hard, as im always to itchy to touch him, as any kind off contact flares it up!
Hello, my girlfriend seems to be going through very similar conditions you went through in 2009.  It has been almost 3 weeks and she is going crazy.  I have not contacted any rash also leading me to believe it is not scabies.  Did you find out what it was and how to get rid of this rash?  

Hi, welcome to the forum, the probabilities of the skin reactions are Atopic dermatitis, Contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis and drug reaction.

Other possibilities needed to be ruled out are viral exanthem, Mycoplasma pneumoniae - serological test and chest radiography is important to rule out and should be treated with appropriate antibiotic, Rocky Mountain spotted fever (it is tick borne disease and needs serological test for diagnosis), infectious mononucleosis, scarlet fever; as a result of streptococcal tonsillopharyngitis, Kawasaki disease, and dengue. Hence, you need to undergo serological tests for few common causes.

You need to report if you have taken any suspected drug before this like sulfa drugs. Also any previous history of eczema, asthma, and allergic rhinitis should also be taken in to consideration. Topical corticosteroids and oral anti-histaminics against prescription, may help to alleviate these symptoms. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. Take care and regards.