Itchy Skin, Rash, Bruising
Hello-

Recently I developed these little bumps on my body that are incredibly itchy.  The first one I noticed was on my wrist and it looked like a little bug bite.  I got this when I was on vacation in Maui and I thought it was just a bug bite because it was itchy. When I came home I started to get these bumps on the top and inside of my thighs.  They have been so itchy that it keeps me up at night and I can't sleep.  First they look like little red bumps, almost like pimples or bug bites, then it develops into a red splotchy rash.  Then it bruises, I guess from me itching so much.  I have a huge purple bruise on the top of my right thigh and one is starting to develop on the inside of my left thigh.  Now I have the itchy red bumps on my wrist and hand, my arms, my foot, my stomach, and a few on my buttocks.  They are scattered and small so it's not very noticeable but it is so annoying and I'm starting to worry.  I have never had any allergies or anything like this before.  I'm not sure if it's just because my skin is really dry or the change from one extreme climate to the next- I was in Maui for a week where it was obviously very warm and then I got home to the midwest where it was freezing.  Right when I got home from the trip is when this problem started to happen.  I do have a doctor's appointment in a week but it's been so frustrating I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions- Thanks!!
I too have this rash.  It started out as what looked like bug bites on my finger, upper leg, and under by breast.  On my hands it multiplied into clusters of tiny blisters, and on my body the spots grew to approx 3 inch by 1.5inch (almost like a hive) and they became very dry.  It itched terribly, hydrocortizone and calamine lotion gave little relief. I went to the doctors 4 times in 2 wks.  I was treated for a fungal infection, then scabies, and had blood tests.  I was never given a diagnosis.  I was told only to shower in warm water, not hot, as it could aggravate the rash.  I was also told to use Aquaphor ointment (which has worked wonders).  I believe (my own diagnosis) the body rash is atopic eczema, and the hands dyshidrotic eczema.  It's been about a month, I use the Aquaphor daily, and things are getting better. Although I have bruising all over.
Washington State. My daughter was wild mushroom picking and the next day came this same rash. She is loosing her mind from the itching and steriods, Now she has those bruises all over her legs. I am worried sick about her. How can no one know what this is?  Any info?
I started to develop a small rash on my chest in the third week of having a flu type virus.  At first I thought it was a reaction to a scarf that I had worn.  As the flu and cold started to improve, the rash on my chest began to get unbearably itchy and spread.  This continued for just over a week.  Another week passed and the rash spread to my neck and inner and upper thighs, leaving a great deal of different sized bruising (probably from scratching).  The doctor said it was hives due to an allergic reaction and prescribed me strong antihistamines and cream.  Neither worked and the rash developed further.  I went back, saw the same doctor, who also got a second opinion, and I was told that it was a viral condition that was a result of being ill earlier in the month.  I was prescribed a three day course of steroids and further antihistamines to sedate me to enable sleep as well as some cooling cream to ease the itch and burning sensation.  Four days later, the condition has worsened everywhere (and now extended to my belly and buttocks) . The antihistamine hasn't worked insomuch as itch relief or sleep relief.   So being £45 worse off from ineffective diagnosis and prescriptions, my rash isn't showing any signs of going and the incessant itching continues throughout the day and ten times worse at night. I can barely stand to wear even loose clothing as it irritates and  at night the bedclothes aggravate it further.  I am beginning to find it impossible to function normally and keep energetic during the day so I can work effectively.  I too have read many, many internet explanations and the only thing that appears to explain it is Pityriasis Rosea which is a virus and in which a rash is a secondary symptom.  According to the diagnosis, there is no treatment or threat of serious health.  Neither is it contagious - just incredibly uncomfortable and distressing.  I will go back to my doctor because I do think it is worth asking for some bloods and skin tests to be taken because we cannot diagnose ourselves through making simple judgments from reading on the internet. It also seems as if the doctors are pretty clueless too at times when it comes to skin. I think it  is best to be safe than sorry  just in case it is a symptom of something more serious and it's better to request the tests rather than continue to be broke from trying a million remedies that cost the earth.  I feel for all of you who are suffering with this really frustrating and distressing condition but at least it seems to be pretty common - which gives a some relief.
Did you get a diagnosis?
I'm a diabetic and been dealing with these symptoms for over a week.The rash and extreme bruising on my thighs front and back... Rash is on my thighs, stomach, arms and under my shoulder/arm pit.
It's a miserable feeling. My doctor also didn't know what it is. Prescribed steroids and cortisone 1%. Which only helps for a few hours. This is my second day of 5 on steroids. Really not noticing any relief. Help!
Did you get a diagnosis?
I have crohn's disease. I cannot deal with this stupid itching and bruising anymore. I wast in the hospital 3 times this month already for crohn's flares, this itching is the aftermath. I assumed it was from the new meds the GI docs put me on but I stopped taking it and I am still sooo itchy. Did you ever find out what was going on? I feel like this is related maybe?

Best wishes - Sabrina
I'm New to the site and I'm researching possible diagnosis for my wife, she absolutely would faint if she read any of these posts. I feel terrible for her and all of you suffering from these skin conditions. What I feel is incredibly important for any diagnosis would be a photo. Its what I'm searching for so I can start eliminating everything it wouldn't like be. With that said I will be following this thread and if I find anything that would possibly help I'll be sure to post it. As of now its just started on her and could still be as simple as an allergic reaction. Take care everyone you'll be in my prayers.
I have had this for 2 months went to the hospital because my lymph nodes swelled on my neck in the back and the rash was on my head and trunk portion of my body, I was put on a bacterial antibiotic Clindamycin 300 mg for 7 days . I still have the rash and bruising. I have been putting anti bacterial cream for athletes feet on the rash and it is working to clear the rash up. My head I'm using selson blue. So far one patch on my stomach has cleared up. Good luck to all of you.  
It is Dyshydrotic eczema. Not scabies. Do not pop any of the bites, will make it more aggravated and could cause infection on top. Some of you may have scabies.
some of you have more than scabies after reading the last couple posts... but original post is dyshydrotic eczema, looks different on different people, starts as small almost blister like with clear fluid, or similar to bug bite, then will scab if you itch, extremely itchy, and then will bruise. most likely to be on hands, palms, wrists, feet and ankles. severe cases will work there way to the trunk. very treatable. just go get help. you will debate bed bugs/scabies, but youve done everything to get rid of those bed bugs and it's still there. scabies will start at one part of the body and spread to rest. could start anywhere.  
can be induced by stress or cold weather or shifting from hot to cold weather, or any other trigger that decides to mess with your body. as soon as you said Midwest--> boom! moisturize 2-3 a day + anti-itch cream + some antibiotics if you have already got an infection from scratching them. more importantly, go see your doctor, the internet ***** as a diagnostician.
Concerned with dr... But it was not too usefull.. It just gives a temporary relief.. Then it comes back
Have your provider test for Henoch-Schönlein Purpura.
This link has pictures of Henoch...
http://www.hopkinsvasculitis.org/types-vasculitis/henochschnlein-purpura/
This link about Henoch-Schonlein Purpura talks about a "Rash...[with] leaking blood vessels..." which is the bruising.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/HSP/
HELLO EVERYONE.
Every symptom listed, I got.
I FOUND RELIEF THAT MAY WORK FOR YOU.
It is called Hemp lotion.. and it works wonders!
you feel relief from the constant itching immediately.
it is a self-bronzer lotion so it may make you a little tan & at first the blister like bumps will look a little yellow - it is just the bronzer.
I PROMISE IF YOU WANT RELIEF YOU NEED TO TRY THIS.
it's in a dark, cherry oak colored bottle, that reads HEMP BODY LOTION
there are all different kinds, but so far every kind i used that has the self tanner stuff in it, works like a charm.

since you won't be itchy, the warts/blisters/bumps/whatever they are, will start to go away!

Benadryl helps with itching, i used to take it every four hours everyday but it wore off after awhile.. when the itch is so unbearable and even the lotion isn't doing just the trick, I smoke some weed, no itching at all.
don't judge - it really works.

you can find the lotion at Walmart.. maybe a drug store... can be easily found online.

I hope this helps!!!
For about two weeks now I have had this itch. It started on my arm on the inside of my elbow. If feels like someone is poking me over and over in the same spot with a fox tail. Today I notice that there is a small light colored bruise on the same spot. My itch has now moved to a tiny poking spot on my elbow. When I do itch it. I will get a bad rash from it that will spread where I itch. I am nick naming this the poking itch. It drives me crazy. It bothers me more at night. It keeps me awake. I'm going to the doctors for the second time about this tonight. I went earlier and wasn't happy with old here try this cream and a rushed 5 minute doctors appointment. I do have to had I have also had lower back pain for the last two weeks as well. Not sure if it's related or not. I'll see what happens in about an hour.
Well I went back to the doctors tonight and they chalked it up to a flare up of eczema due to stress and gave me Triamcinolone Acetonide cream USP, 0.1%. I have also used a spay I got for my dogs hot spots and it has worked pretty good. I was able to sleep after using it. Natural Antipruitic/Fosters Healing skin care spray. As for my lower back pain they chalked that up to just being over worked from my job. They did find a small trace amount of blood in my urine. They said it could be the start of a urineary track infection. They are gonna send it out for more testing. In the mean time I'm gonna do what someone else said on here and that is DRINK MORE WATER. I do believe that will help out.
The Hempz herbal body moisturizer is great too. They have different one. I like the original one the best. The spun sugar & vanilla bean is a good one too because it gives you a neat sparkle all over your skin. I just love the way the original smells. I use it after tanning or talking a shower
I don't believe I have eczema. I only get a rash if I itch the driving freaking crazy poking feeling. It woke me up last night. I just feel like there is a bug biting me over and over again in the same spot. I wanna cut my arm open and kill the mother freaker. Dam doctors at Kaiser is really starting to **** me off. There is no rash unless I itch the poking feeling
I was bit by a flea and had an allergic reaction to it. Big blisters which I accidently burst one and caused myself Cellulitis in the extreme. It got into my bloodstream, but the er doctors saved me from it. Now I have small blisters mostly on my hands and arms which my allergist says is Eczema. I have become allergic to several things at once and it all has taken from my quality of life. Now if anything presses against my skin even barely I bruise really bad. The doctors won't do anything else for me. They get short with me and treat me badly. I just have to deal with it the best I can and hope it finally works itself out. Allergist won't give me allergy shots either. So far it's been 5 Months. I pray for you all.
Same as you guys. Dr. Thought it was allergies. It's like a thousand prickly things are after you. Has anybody contacted the ID people? I think there are enough of us that some body should be looking in to this..
I have what appears to be the same thing.  Dr. prescribed a steroid creame.  Didn't help.  Started using Ivory bath soap, Tide Free for washing clothes, no fabric softener, and no drier sheet softeners and stopped using my shampoo.
Rash cleared up, but left ugly red bruise marks.  Started using the items I stopped one at a time.  Rash re-appeared when starting the shampoo.  The bite looking pimples started in my scalp.  Evidently the shampoo was causing it.  I was using Suave 3-in-1 citrus rush.
You would think or believe - we are in the year 2015 That many people had these issues  AND remedies would be known and available on the Internet. Why so many complaints WITH NO CURES POSTED!!!

I had an itchy condition on my arms and chest. If I scratched it spread.
Went to a fancy Dermatologists office my Husband had to address sternly for my to get in as they classified people seeking BOTOX and facelifts as more important than someone with a significant skin condition!
  We theorized to them we thought it was from a plant or insect working in the garden. Several Doctors were involved - examining; performed a Biopsy. Then called Me in to give the results as follows:
They repeated "We are not sure what it is - more than likely caused by a plant or insect !" We paid a lot of money for nothing. What is even more surprising is from their perspective they actually felt they successfully treated me! They gave no instructions or remedies - but their 'assumption' a guess anyone could have rendered!
  IMO - Dermatologists are a FRAUD! At least here in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
  What??!!! You do not like what I 'say here' - then, If you are a Dermatologist - HELP US!!!
By the way the preceding occurred about three years ago.
  In June of 2015 - it appeared again - all over both arms, chest and neck.
But this time I did not go in the yard or even had the time to sit outdoors as I'm going to College full time - when I get home - I study until Midnight!

Do you think I will go to a Dermatologist ? Just went to my Family Doctor for guidance. Reviewed with Him my past experience. Invariably I have discovered - skin conditions are a medical mystery!

I do not wear tight clothes. Shower every day. Do not use perfumed soaps. perfumes or lotions. I wear cotton clothing. Have tried, as before, several types of Topical as Dermatologists, Doctors and Pharmacists would prescribe. My condition seems very similar to the thousands of people posting on the Internet.

WHERE ARE THE SUCCESS STORIES?!
  Ever occur to you: that We are in the 21st Century with thousands of people with skin issues - mostly a 'RASH' and it seems to be a medial mystery!

Ever ask yourself how is it possible to not ever find a page or post where a cure was posted - a success story?!!!!

I went to a very exclusive Dermatologists office more concerned for those seeking to look young - after a lot of time, visits, a biopsy and money all they could say is: it must be from a plant or insect - with no remedy offered!
If you have not had exposure to a plant; been bitten by an insect; changed your diet, bath soaps or clothing detergents, change your bed sheets at good intervals then .... In my opinion...STRESS can be the cause.

Calm down. Find ways or do things JUST TO RELAX. Soak in the tub with a scented candle and classical music. Sit in comfortable chair - again with relaxing music. Take a walk - focus on the different colors of green, the sound of the birds singing the feel of the wind on your face - take in all that nature provides and for free! Sit in a park and listen to children laugh.
Do not scratch!!! Treat your self to luxury time. Meaning do something just for your own exclusive relaxation. The body, when relaxed, has a way to release chemicals to heal itself.
If you have a partner...ummm....get 'together' to release any pent up anxieties. There is a good chance your rash will fade away!
YES!!!!

We have been very busy here. I go to school full time - study until Midnight - then rise at 5/6 AM. I struggle with English - my language is Chinese and I have a job. The vocation (medical) I'm studying is demanding - I worry I may not pass - though my commitment to study results in Bs to A.

I wish I did not have to suffer with this annoying - inconvenient skin condition! Dermatologists do not seem to care or believe a RASH is urgent.
  How can this be in America?
environmental in my opinion, do some research on geoengineering ...so many are sick
I have been suffering for weeks now with a rash. I first had a fungal infection from swimming in a pool that wasn't cleaned properly. So I went to see my doctor who prescribed me Fluconazole. She had me take 1 pill a day for 21 days. After the 3rd day I had this burning of my skin only in the warm areas. Under my arms, the insides of my elbows, under my breasts, behind my knees, inner thighs, under my hair on my head and even inside my bellybutton. It would burn when I would sweat. It felt just like acid coming out of my pores. Then the small red spots would appear and itch so badly I thought I was going to lose my mind. They mainly itched at night too. I thought I had bed bugs or scabies but it wasnt everywhere on my body. So I went back to the doctor and she told me to stop taking the meds and gave me a cortizone shot and prednisone pills to take. The itching calmed alittle but it was still there. If I scratch too hard I get bruises all around the affected area. I have read so many articles and complaints of people having the same thing but no real answer of what caused it. I think mine was from the medication. It was just too strong or I should have only taken 1 dose instead of 3 before I found out what it was doing to my body. I will say this though. Buy Aquaphor Healing Ointment by Eucerin. This ointment is a miracle in a tube. I spread it all over the spots and where I sweat and it stops the itch. I think because it is protroleum based it seals off the air from getting to the rash. I am still getting over this since it takes a good week or so for the meds to get out of my system but at least I am getting a few hours more sleep at night. I just have to keep cool and try not to sweat.
I too have had this annoying rash with bruising for two months. I live in Australia and went on holidays to Bali in May, which is where the first itchy spot appeared on my abdomen. I firstly treated it with scabies cream which did nothing. I have been applying steroid cream which appeared to be working, however yesterday i had another itchy spot appear with bruising, on my inner thigh. I have also been taking antihistamines. This is very very annoying. Crazy that no one can come up with a diagnosis. :(
i too had this problem on my upper left thigh. I just wanted to know what it was because it looked very strange. i found this website, but them i also found this article. Here's a clipping that i hope helps some of you like it helped me.
-Purpura is a purplish discoloration of the skin produced by small bleeding vessels near the surface. Purpura may also occur in the mucous membranes, especially of the mouth, and in the internal organs. Purpura is not a disease per se but is indicative of an underlying cause of bleeding.

When purpura spots are very small (<1 cm in diameter), they are called petechiae or petechial haemorrhages. Larger, deeper purpura are referred to as ecchymoses or bruising.

Purpura may occur with either normal platelet counts (non-thrombocytopenic purpuras) or decreased platelet counts (thrombocytopenic purpuras). Platelets help maintain the integrity of the capillary lining as well as being important in the clotting process. As a general rule, purpura indicates a problem of the platelet system whilst a deficiency of clotting factors will cause haematomas or haemarthrosis as in haemophilia. Nevertheless, clotting factor deficiency must be considered.
well, for me it could be a histamine intolerance too. Because among the most common symptoms of histamine intolerance are skin and cardiovascular issues. These can include nasty rashes and swellings such as hives, arrhythmia, problems with the regulation of body temperature (which can cause sweats or chills), or hypertension.
Food like tomatos, sauerkraut, (fruits and vegetables which ripens) are high in histamine and can cause the allergic reaction.
I would recommend to go to your allergist for a blood test as well as if needed by having a histamine intolerance "Daosin"!

take care
Start eating haridrakhand an ayurvedic mixture..!!
Zyrtec leaves withdrawal symptoms which is addictive life long! Leave zyrtec!
I was taking zyrtec since 8 years..now I switched to an antihistamine which does not have hydrochloride and started Haridrakhand too. Hope to get off these demonic Hives.
I have had a series of out breaks of this sort ,like all of you have described. My experience has been this.
I fell very badly over a child gate and a highchair tray was loose that I tried to grab as I fell  so I ended up landing on the edgy underside of the tray and got deeply hurt on my upper outer thigh.
Then after many weeks about  six I think I had no sign of purple blue black bruising , A terrible itch started and from the first scratch a blistering rash showed up and took over the whole area the size of Pamelo or large grapefruit but differently shaped.Anyhow,this rash was very disturbing and really I found no cure but to resist itching,applying an old psoriasis remedy called grandpas pine tar shampoo or the soap they carry,ice,,florasone--inflammation-eczema-rashes cream  and waiting four months for the last bumps to leave was my ultimate cure. My doctor said not sure but seems I may have broken my cells when I fell and they were surfacing. Now last week I hurt my other thigh actually,uggh. I bumped my dresser corner and got a swollen bruise scrape not very big and sure enough when the  bruising disappeared the same mosquito bite looking blisters I think is good way to describe them came back,I am on day three of this "cycle" maybe.
I have always been very aware of my life surroundings and take notice of things that may play roles in my ails/illness/etc.
I have theory that some may say especially doctors is far fetched . But with that said I still have this to share.
I have had  a couple of viruses that got me sick  over some years. When I was  23 now 37 yrs of age I caught a virus call slap cheek or  fifth disease a relative to measles and got a full blown case even though it is uncommon in adults. The illness caused a high fever and my whole body was covered from head to bottom of foot, hive like rash that itched like a hell if I knew how that felt. Also I had severe body pain that seemed to last a while. I did heal but years later got fibromyalgia and now this. I think there may be a connection as there in is shingles with chickenpox..Fibromyalgia is a soft tissue disease and  viruses like to live in that part of the body like shingles would. I may be running with it but just some ideas I have. Also this new rash thing seemed to happen after I had got ill with high risk hpv and had a leap and had to be out under because the pain was very bad. I wonder if this may cause  a problem with my healing now,like platelet issues or soft tissue damage. somehow I find my body is handling injury differently now.
Still in search of answers to my ails... To be continued. Any comments on this are welcome and would be great.
As did I, Ya'll have a Drug or chemical rash, no two ways about it......rub pure Coconut oil to relieve all types of itching, stress less and the body will self heal...... End of story...Ya'll can thank me later......
Same thing here but with all the rain in the South there was a poison ivy explosion.  I had a allergic reaction to it and doctor put me on Cyclosporin for 2 weeks.  It all went away. I had the bruising after math as it spread.
With all due respect to all persons who have these symptoms, .. Can you tell me your age?
I to have come out with the same rash and bruises, I live in England so it as nothing to do with the change of climate, it's cold here. Not been to the doctor yet but I am taking a lot of med's after having a car crash, my husband thinks that it might be down to them. I will let you know what they say at the doctors.

Best wishes Jane.  
I'm sending this to those already suffering with this horrible condition (dare I say, disease?).

My wife is Korean, and has had this crippling condition for over 5 years. I hope that this information in some way can bring comfort to those listed and offer evidence to doctors that might read this.

Let me preface this by saying that when we married, my wife came down with atopic dermatitis, with a strawberry rash all across her chest, she was given steroids for many months until it went away, and we thought that was the end of it...this was over 26 years ago.

About 5 years ago in early summer, after moving into our new home in the dairy belt of Pennsylvania, my wife was working in her garden; this was the second year that we had one, a small plot next to the house. The next day she had developed multiple itchy rashes along her left arm, which resembled poison ivy. I took her to a doctor and they agreed it was either poison oak or ivy, which they prescribed creams for, and we hoped they would go away. However, the itching persisted, and spread to her upper arm, leaving silver dollar sized weeping sores.

This condition continued to spread to her legs; she resembled a leper. Now, I realize you are thinking this sounds nothing like the condition I have, but stay with me, it does. My wife was given a massive steroid shot, and after a few weeks the condition resolved. She was symptom-free throughout the fall and winter, however, with the warm weather in the spring this returned, again, after she was working outside in her garden. Again, she was prescribed a steroid shot, and like the previous year, this went away by late summer. But, as a caution, I had her tested at an allergy clinic, which gave her a standard scratch test, the results of which were inconclusive.

Another season passed, and like clockwork, in the spring of the third year, the condition came back, at this point, I decided to take her to the Penn State Hershey Dermatology department. Here she was subjected to a biopsy and several blood tests, all of which were, again, inconclusive. She was told she had Atopic Dermatitis, and was given steroid creams. With the change of seasons, we expected this to go into hiding as it did the years prior, but it lingered late into the early winter, and then appeared to recede.

In spring this came back again, by this point I'd had it with the doctors at Penn State Hershey, and moved her to the prestigious John's Hopkins Department of Dermatology; surely they could find a cure. They ran her through a battery of tests, and determined she had dermatographia. Despite the colloidal oatmeal baths and various steroid creams, nothing helped. All during this time the condition seemed to evolve from one form to another. Her body was now covered with these red "pimples" that were constantly itching.

A few points to note here, is that when this reoccurs, the sores appear in exactly the same pots on both sides of her body; there is a bi-lateral symmetry to them: Right forearm, left forearm, upper right thigh, upper left thigh, bottom of left sole, bottom of right sole, back upper center of left thigh, and so on. In addition to these larger recurring locations, he now had multiple tiny red bumps scattered throughout her body. After several months and another year, John's Hopkins also failed to find a solution.

By now I was desperate, she was losing weight, and could no longer sleep; her constant itching resulted in red open wounds, and the sores on her thighs noe had large bruises around them. The sore on her left forearm was weeping and had a red bumpy ring extending about 1 inches around the circumference.

I had read about a place near Washington DC that specialized in rare dermatological conditions; the MedStar Washington Hospital Department of Dermatology, so I decided to move her from John's Hopkins to there. They immediately ran what is called a patch test, to determine what her skin reacts to. The results were interesting; mostly perfumes and formaldehyde, which, unfortunately, are found in almost all chemical soaps, cleaners and cosmetic products. We cleaned house, and pulled all those items which were suspect. Additionally, the dermatologist put her on massive doses of antihistimines; cetrizine HCL, Hydroxyzine HCL, Levocetrizine Dihydrochloride and Doxipine. Added to this were a slew of topical creams to include; Fluocinonide Gel, Fluocinonide cream, Pimecrolimus cream, Clotrimazole cream, Halcinonide cream and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream.

These seemed to help for a while, but she was a zombie due to the drowsy side-effects. I had done some studies on the internet and found that many got relief from a new injectable drug called Xolair. it took several months for the doctor to warm to the idea, but we eventually put her on this. she received two injections every month. Remember, she was still taking the massive doses of antihistimes during this. The results were not instantaneous, this medication must build in the system before it does any good. After 3 months it looked like it was working, her spots were lessening, but I knew all those meds were doing terrible things to her body chemistry.

Desperate times call for desperate measures; by now I was grabbing at straws, I could not just stand by while she suffered. We decided that Western medicine was not working, so I took her to a prominent Asian medicine specialist in Maryland. He took the approach that all the chemicals were affecting her and that they needed to be purged. He put her on a decoction of herbal roots, barks, and nuts, that were boiled into a tea, and placed into small individual packets; she was to drink one twice per day, for three weeks, and stop taking all the pills and creams. Additionally, he performed several acupuncture treatments.

Now, say what you will, but we saw results immediately. All the sores dried up, the red spots started turning light brown, and the itching subsided. Remember, she was still taking her Xolair injections during this, but she was off all the pills. At this point I though she was cured, but three months later the spots began to return. They were very small, and red, but not really itching. However, after another month, they had spread to most of her body, just like before. another point here is that they have never appeared on her face, or the palms of her hands, but they show up everywhere else. Again, the large sore returned to her left forearm, as it always did, as well as the upper back of the thighs, the upper inner thighs and the soles of her feet, with much smaller spots throughout her body.

We are entering the sixth year of her condition, and nothing can kill it. We went back to the Korean doctor, but even the herbal teas and acupuncture treatments are working now, it just takes the edge off of it. throughout all of this, I have also vacuumed the mattress, and sterilized the sheets, just in case she is sensitive to dust mites, and I have bought air cleaning machines. I'm having the air quality tested in our home for molds and spores, as well as formaldehyde gasses; we'll see what that turns up. but at this point, after 5 years and 7 months of Xolair treatments, we are back to square one.

I pray regularly, as I am a Christian, in hopes that someday soon, someone will find out what this condition.
First I sympathize with you and your wife as I am going through something similar with my daughter but the one thing I noticed from yours and my daughter is that both had one thing in common and that is it all started after moving in to a new home. My daughters home was built in the 1900 and is oil heat, it has everything from the original build. No changes to the home was ever done.
With my daughter they just hospitalized her last night because they feel she may have Lupus but I am more inclined to believe that it has something to do with the house. Can you tell me when your house was built and if the house has many of its original structures, heating system etc.. I am trying to get to the bottom of this because it is destroying her life and the doctors were grabbing at straws when they made this diagnosis because they couldn't figure out anything else. I truly feel it is something more obvious and less serious but we are not seeing it.
I have had itchy red bumps on my arms and legs.  I tried everything.  They soon turned to bruises and scars.

I had flannel sheets that I changed to a more smoother sheet and that helped.  I also heard about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream.  When I am done taking a shower I spread this all over my still wet skin.  It is on the thick side so I have to have plenty of time to let it dry.

I can tell you after a week I was feeling much better.  The itching is gone and my scars are healing.  I do not pretend to think this will help everyone...but maybe it will help someone that has similar issues to me.
I'm having the same problem

It started on my inner thighs. They appear as red bumps at first then it turned to a red rash then it later turned to a rash with a bruise/black/purple in the middle.

It then spread on my belly then my buttocks and then my back and now my neck!

I hope this is nothing too serious

I hope we find a cure for this
Glad I found this site.  I have the same itch like everyone here.  My husband had it before but not often or as bad as mine. It started 3 months ago with a small bump and now is in several parts of my body.  The worse on the leg, a patch of red/purple, brused, hard/dry skin.  I am sure because I scratched so much.  It not itchy anymore  on that section.  I have been using coconut oi to help heal the skin.  But still have severl red spot on my hand and my neck that is itching but not as bad as before.  Not sure what caused it.  But I just wanted to share it here.    
Sounds like scabes
I have all the same problems as you first I was told it's an allergic reaction as I'm allergic to everything the Dr gave me a steroid and it never worked so I went to my regular Dr and she looked very closely at the rash and said I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you have Scabies
I'm so glad I found this page! I have the same exact symptoms as what most ppl have here. It started with small red bumps (dots) on my inner calves and the more I scratch it, more bumps will appear. It then spread to my outer thigh and back. It gradually flatten and became small red patches (island-like/bigger than the initial dots). I went to two different doctors, took many medicine (cetirizine, telfast, antibiotic, benzoyl cream) targeting anti-histamine and anti-inflammation but it didn't help me stop the itch. My sleep was affected, the itch woke me up. The patches then became blue black bruises. My outer thigh was so bruised, I was got so worried so I decided to do more research on the Internet. At the same time, I have finished all the medicine given by my doctor and decided not to depend on it further because the itching was much more bearable than before (the bruising was much scarier). I was having cold showers prior to this to ease the itch but I decided to shower in SUPER hot steaming water because there was one guy who said it could stop the itch. And I mean really HOT water, it's so hot it's painful but it felt kinda good on the itching skin, it's like a instant relieve. You see steam coming out from your shower, tts the temperature you should go for. Sounds weird but yes it's addictive and i really felt less itchy! I also went on a strict low histamine diet (I was eating whatever I want prior to this) which I'm still on it now. I followed several low histamine food list and strictly stick to it. It has been a month (from when it first started) now and this nightmare have finally come to an end! I was so terrified to read that it may last for years. But I'm so so so glad I'm getting better, the bruises are fading off, the patches became light brown and are fading off too. I just want to share this with everyone because I was once as desperate as you. Don't give up and start eating your low histamine diet now!! Being on low histamine diet really change my perspective on healthy food. What's healthy may not be good for your current condition! Tomato, yogurt, avocado, soymilk are some of my favorite health food BUT it is a NO NO for my current diet. I hope this will help someone out there. It will soon be over! Fight on everyone :)

Ps: Use perfumeless body soap. I switched mine to cetaphil!
Was it the double barrier cream or the Cavilon lotion?
No it not Scabes. I went to see the DR and he confirmed.  He gave me medical and tropical cream.  It helps some but there are several patch that I scratch so much from itched that the skin is bruised, hard thick skin. I am sure there will take some time to heal. There are still some red spot that is popping up and it itchy.  I wish I know what is happening to cause this.  I am constantly  checking on this site and on web for answer.  I hope we all find it.
I have had this issue for the last 3 weeks. Went to the Drs they stated it was scabies, did the cream, no luck! A lil leary about doing the 2nd tx cause of the toxisity. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with chronic idiopathic uticuria. I am trying the hot water solution for the itching, cause, cannot get in to c my dermatologist for 4 months (waiting list). It tends to b helping with the itching. Taking fexofenadine/Zantac in the morning, and, hydoxyzine in the pm for the itching, until I can b seen.
What yall have is called allergic pluraplura google it..
It could be swimmers itch or some infection from parasites living in that water........
Did anyone find out what was causing this. I have the exact same thing and am being treated for scabies but am not convinced it&#39;s working as rash and itching just keeps spreading!