Allergy Community
Itchy Skin, Rash, Bruising

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itchy Skin, Rash, Bruising

Hello-

Recently I developed these little bumps on my body that are incredibly itchy.  The first one I noticed was on my wrist and it looked like a little bug bite.  I got this when I was on vacation in Maui and I thought it was just a bug bite because it was itchy. When I came home I started to get these bumps on the top and inside of my thighs.  They have been so itchy that it keeps me up at night and I can't sleep.  First they look like little red bumps, almost like pimples or bug bites, then it develops into a red splotchy rash.  Then it bruises, I guess from me itching so much.  I have a huge purple bruise on the top of my right thigh and one is starting to develop on the inside of my left thigh.  Now I have the itchy red bumps on my wrist and hand, my arms, my foot, my stomach, and a few on my buttocks.  They are scattered and small so it's not very noticeable but it is so annoying and I'm starting to worry.  I have never had any allergies or anything like this before.  I'm not sure if it's just because my skin is really dry or the change from one extreme climate to the next- I was in Maui for a week where it was obviously very warm and then I got home to the midwest where it was freezing.  Right when I got home from the trip is when this problem started to happen.  I do have a doctor's appointment in a week but it's been so frustrating I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions- Thanks!!
I have the exact same symptoms.  Have you been to the doctor yet?  I went but the bruising had not shown up at that time and she said she didn't know what it was, just bug bites.  My husband was looking over my shoulder reading your post and asked me if I wrote it!  Almost exact conditions.  I live in the south and the weather here goes from extreme cold to very mild.
I too have these same symptoms and have not been able to find anything online that sounds similar and the doctor thought it was an allergic reaction but nothing seems to be helping and it's only spreading more and still itching!  Please post if you find out what it is or find something that helps. Thanks...
I too am having these same symptoms.  Getting ready to call the doctor on Monday.  Please post again after you see the doctor.  The itching and bruising is annoying!
I too have exactly the same symptons.  I returned home (Texas) from vacationing in Jamaica on July 19th and immediately broke out with a first an infernal itching on my right hip and within a day or two started having a rash and several days later had about 6 bruises appear within the rash, it looked like where fingerprints had been.  It spread across my abdoman.  Went to the doctor and was told it was a topical allergy rash and was given steriod pills, after one day I started itching all over my body and thought it was the pill so I stopped taking it.  Went to a dermatologist the following week and he too said it was a topical rash and gave me a steriod shot, no change, it just got worse, it has now spread all over my stomach, upper torso and now is on my breast.  It sounds like we all have the same thing, but, what is it?  Going back to the dermatologist in the morning but would really like to know what is happening to my body.  It is very scarry, where will it spread to next.  Please, does anyone have any answers.  I would appreciate any help.  You can even call me at 214-794-4099.
Hi there,
I too have a very similar thing going on and have had it for almost 2 yrs, my dermatologist also thought it was just an allergic reaction but mentioned had never seen it everywhere like this. It started on my hip and went to my thighs, now its on my buttocks and abdomen too as well as under my armpits and one on my shoulder...really want to know what this is!!
Wow! Me too. It started on my left ankle. Severe itching like I have never experienced. The next day my ankle was very swollen and had developed into Cellulitis. Then the rash went to the other ankle and then up both legs to both thighs. The Cellulitis went away in about a week and a half but the rash is horrid. It has left so many bruises that I honestly cannot count them. It has now been going on for almost two months. I have eliminated anything new or fairly new to me and my  evnironment but to no avail. I have used Tea Tree Oil to the point it was dripping off of me. Then Gold Bond Powder, Cortizone cream, anti-itch cream, benedryl cream, Syrtec tablets, and even bug bite swabs containing Amonia (ammonia). Surprisingly, even though it burned quite a bit, the Amonia (ammonia) helped alot. But, I still have the rash. My doctor cannot figure it out either. Once the itching gets going I cannot stop until it reaches a creshendo almost. My legs are a mess. I have a couple of spots also on my breasts and they also itched severely. Last night out of desperation, I actually squeezed the fluid out of the bumps/hives on my breasts and then applied Cortizone cream. Today they seem to be healing and no longer itch. I just wish someone, anyone had a clue as to what the heck this is.
I am experiencing a similar issue. I noticed a rash breaking out on my hand yesterday, it stings a bit and is very itchy, there are now dark blue almost black bruises within this rash and my hand is swelling. It is so weird, I work in a hospital and nobody had any idea as to what it was.
This is very strange, my fiance and I both have gotten this.... rash..... we have the same symptoms..... small red bumps that are rash like, very itchy, after a while it turns into a bluish purple bruise which is worse for my fiance who is a diabetic, I have two small ones that went to a brownish blue bruise..... we have not been to the Dr., yet as I have little faith in them lately.
My name is Stephanie in Mississippi.  I too have suffered with the same condition as you and others on this post.  Please if you have gotten relief / cured from this issue please share with me.  I have had this for 8 months.
I have the same thing. Going on three months now!  I've been to my fourth doctor and still no answer. I've had blood test for gluten allergy, it was negative. I've had biopsy for psorIasis and it was negative. Have had every blood test know and everything was within normal ranges. I don't know what to do, but I'm miserable and covered pretty much from the top of my head to the top of my feet.
experiencing this same issue with a family member at this time & has had several blood tests done.has seen dermatologists & rheumatologists.1 test came back positive as an autoimmune disorder(lupus) just waiting for the biopsy to confirm.hopefully its negative.the rash(flare) comes,goes away,leaves a bruise like appearance and another rash starts somewhere else and most times its usually on multiple parts of the body and you are absolutly miserable.itches all the time.so best of luck to the rest of you with your diagnosis.
Possible environmental allergies caused by the spraying they are doing...ask for a heavy metal toxicity test
Guys.... I started off tonight hoping I didnt have bed bugs....looking for pictures of spider bites....now I am terrified!!  my husband thinkss Ive gone crazy imagining bug bites that are really just bruises!! Whats wrong with us?!?!! Going on two weeks spot started on upper left thigh now on upper right thigh but doesnt itch anymore. Just lil red dots surrounded by a giant hard bruise
I dont know if this helps but i lived in central mexico for six months then chicago six months now NW Indiana three months
I never thought I would say this but at this point I hope I have bed bugs and they are only biting me!
I too have a very itch rash that has spread over most of my body and is now bruising. If I get a scratch and the skin doesn't break I get a bruiselike line.  I have been to an allergist who did allergy testing and bloodwork and I do have a lot of allergies but we do not think that is the cause.  I saw a hematologist and had a second round of blood tests done but the results aren't back yet.  The only thing that gives me any significant relief are steroids but these will kill you if you take them for long.
Hi, I have an appt this Monday with an endocrinologist. My story reads just like all of your's rash, bruising, thinking it is a gluten allergery. I'm so tired of waking up with new bruises and now the rash is on my face. My stomach hurts, my joints hurt. I have stopped eating everything, down to fresh vegetables this weekend until I go to the dr. on Monday. If you find anything out, please post it. Thank you!
I'm right there with ya ladies, thank god this forum started, I was feeling like a crazy person who insists on not taking their meds. SO here's my thought - none of us are 5 and we never had this before, it's something contagious or spreading through by air or animal population. I'm going herbal and homepathic in general. Essential oils will probably be the best, tea tree and lavender, chamomile and god knows what else. I've got books and I'll run a Google search on what to use for rashes. We'll see, personally I do not want to spend up a bunch of money on doctor visits when it's pretty obvious they haven't worked it out for a lot of people. Good luck to everyone. By the way I have the rash migrating, started in the thigh area and now a little on stomach, arms, thighs. Also have my 7 year old son suffering right along with me, and there's no way we both have luekemia so keep that in mind, another poster said her fiancee had it too so I think we're healthy but under attack.
so did you ever figure it out ? Is it lupis. i have the same symptoms. i livein idaho . its crazy i wish someone knew what it was .
did you ever get a diagnosis for this ..i have it too ..did yours appear on equal sides of your body? mine has been on both arms same area then those start to heal and appears somewhere else ..I'm so sick of it...
thanks
Teresa
did you ever figure your rash out? i have the exact symptoms and i have no idea.my general dr doesn't know either
pleas let me know
thanks Teresa
can someone please post a picture of your rashes or email it to me at ***@****
please txt a few pictures of this rash to (208) 771-4475
Wow, I have this exact same thing, its so crazy! But also really good to read that other people have the exact same symptoms! I think there may be something to the environmental component and heavy metal toxicity... I just moved to China, and this is when it started. I know the water is severely contaminated here, and obviously I don't drink it, but I never thought before about showering in it or using it to wash my clothes... Some of you said you had it while living in Mexico, or after visiting Jamaica... perhaps it is the water?? I am going to get a filter for my washing machine and shower... hopefully this helps! Does anyone have any updates on doctors' diagnoses??
Thanks!
I have the same exact thing;rash that itches and a bruise that comes along. I went to the dermatologist and she said that i have developed a very bad cas of ECZEMA, but im to so sure. She has given different ointments to treat it but irt just got worse. Then she gave me a steriod pill that i have been on for just two days. if you find out what it is plz let me know because i still think that i have something other than this genetic skin disorder. thank you!
Ive got the same thing! I freaked out and thought it was bed bugs too, so I bought a fogger and just went nuts! The itching sometimes is unbearable and the mark its leaving on my leg is hideous! I would go to a doctor, but since I dont have insurance ive just been using cortizone to try to stop it from itching so much. When I do itch it just spreads even more. Ive got one big one and a couple of small ones that look like bug bites. If anyone knows what it is please let me know! I also talked to a friend of mine who is a doctor and he thought it was staph, but I have the topical ointment for that and I tried it but it did absolutely nothing for it.
OMG!! I have it too!! The Itchy is so severe!!! I have it on the backs of both legs and both arms and around the ankle area up! I have tried everything and been thru nearly 2 tubes of cortizone..the cortizone helps the itch somewhat but doesnt last to long.Does anyone know what the hell this rash is??
Omg i have the same symptoms you all have i am so tired of it. I saw an allergy Dr and he told me its vasculitis i have other allergies also.I hope you all the best ...
I have the exact same symptoms as well. Very itchy and skin is bruising prob. from scratching it so much. I soaked in the hottest bath imaginable for it on my feet and it relieved it for hours, but yet it still does not explain what this is caused from or how to prevent it. I don't have any faith in doctors or hospitals anymore because honestly they all depend on the net too much for prognosis/diagnoses whatever! but sure you can understand how this would affect and prevent them too from diagnosing anything, i mean look how many sites you came up with when typing in what you are experiencing...too much information some useful, but most not so useful better if they all just stuck to the library and books like back in the day for issues that are not common. right?? Anyways i live in northern florida and have gotten this twice in the past 3 years down here. Makes me wonder whether its some environmental testing or something which really wouldn't surprise me seeing these love bugs got so out of control down here seeing they were made by the university to supposedly eat up the misquitos.
As far as cortizone treatments and steroid use we already read and see here first hand that its not a cure, and after studying what you wrote here about some quack suggesting it to be Vasculitis!? have you read what exactly that is? I'm not a doctor either but we all could easily be as qualified as one now a days by getting on the internet and checking things out for ourselves. Blood tests and stuff they can authorize yes, but what codes do they put into their computers to know what to test or look for if they can't even decide what they may be dealing with, and then it goes back to what they've found on their trustworthy p.c's of laziness, lack of money or lack of time...I know allot of negative comments and not much help, but i'm figuring it to be some sort of allergic reaction benedryl liquid form keeps the itching and scratching at bay, extreme heat hot tub baths without your soaps just simple epsom salt baths at night and be cautious of what new soaps or detergents we have used in our wash, dishes or on our bodies until we ourselves figure it out. use your doctors for any other serious complications that may be a result of this in case its anything more complex of course, and give them all the facts and information in your cases. I found the suave sweet pea violet body wash can cause this rash and therefore don't use it anymore from three years ago when i got this. and now i'm studying the possibility of the "warm vanilla comfort" Xtra laundry soap or Suavitel field flowers drier sheets even or maybe even something my new dog is bringing into my home. I'm no expert or doctor but maybe everyone suffering with this ought to get together and post what they've found works by process of elimination in their every day lives...log what your using that may be new to your lifestyle...and lets figure this out together. :)
Hi all, I have exactly the same symptoms.  However, I live in Liverpool, England.
I went to the doctors Monday, he gave me cream and a antihistermine, but they gave me no respite.  I returned to the doctors the following day as I was no better.  He gave me steroid tablets (6 a day) to be taken all together for 5 days.
I thought the rash was getting better Tues afternoon and I was happy and relieved, but Wed morning when I woke the rash had worsened again and my skin was burning!  I took myself to hosp and they told me to increase the steroid tablet to 8 for the next 2 days and if no better, then to go back to my own doctor.
It is now Friday afternoon here and I have made a further app at my doctors as rash is still there and moving to different places and I am also bruising!!!  I will let you know what my doctor says.  Take care. Jude, Liverpool, UK
I have got the exact same symptoms as most of you here and have been to the doctor twice and am now waiting to see a dermatologist on wed.
I'm also in England but came back from holiday in Namibia and Soth Africa recently.
My son (7 yrs) had the same but his started and ended within a week. It got so bad that we ended up going to the A&E as he was covered top to toe in itchy rash but at hospital with antihistamin it disappeared over a day and hasn't come back.
We first thought he had an allergic reaction to some insect bites (mosquito or spider) he got when we were camping in Namibia. i had the same bites. neither of us had many.
The specialist thought it was an allergic reaction to a cutaneous larva migrans infection that he had got from the damp sand where we were camping in Namibia. Kind of make sense as he had what we thought was a mosquito bite under his foot which was very long swollen rather than round... As I had just started a rash at the time they said it seemed I probably had the same and they gave us both a triple dose of vermox.
I never had any bite that looked anything like a larva migrans...
My son's rash didn't come back at all after the day at the hospital and actually was completely gone before he even started the vermox so it is difficult to say if that actually was the cause.
My rash has gradually got worse for the 2 weeks i've had it now. It seemed to be moving around a bit in the beginning but now settled on the following areas; the inside of my lower arms, shoulders, around all of my my thighs but worse on the inside with serious bruising (in patches) also the lower part of my back down towards top of my bottom... Use to be behind ears but that's better now.
We haven't changed any washing powder shampo, food, drinks etc I'm 41 and have never experinced anything like this neither has my son. The other children or my husband hasn't experienced any of this so it doesn't seem to be contagious...
But what on earth is it!!!??? I feel pretty desperate and can't survived not taking antihistamin (piriton) every 4 hours...
It seems like most of the people who posted here hasn't come back to to post again... I wonder/HOPE it s because they have received treatment or it has gone away but if anyone who reads this know what it s or how to get rid of it, please please please post your information!!!!
Me again...
My itch and rash has slowly but surely eased and i have gone from taking piriton every 3 hours and itching like crazy to taking it only 3 times a day! It is wonderful to not have such itch anymore but i still am pretty bruised.
I have bee to a dermatologist who suggest maybe onchocerciasis which is a parasite disease that is transmitted being bitten by a black fly... This can cause severe itchy rash and other symptoms like eye problems etc and in very severe cases blindness. However i am not sure that the symptons occure so soon. They have done blood tests and i am having further blood tests next week.
The dermatologist also said that as I am suffering from other allergies like hayfever and dustmites I am also more sensitive to general insect bites like mosquitos etc. this also means my skin in general is more sensitive and therefor the more severe case of bruising and rash.
Am seeing the dermatologist again in 2 weeks and will post further update if I find out more.
My rash and bruising has gone more or less but I still itch at some places.
My doctor tested for parasites but I don 't have that.sh now suggest I have Dermatographic urticaria. Could be and I will keep an eye on it.
I'm not too bothered as the worse itch is gone but for anyone that come across this I would reccomend this link where you can find lots about itching skin: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Excessively-BRUISED-and-ITCHY-legs--/show/985285#comments_header
Hope this help anyone else coming across this forum. It is a horrible horrible thing to itch!!!!
I live in WV I have had same symptoms for about a month now, itchy bumbs that look like bug bites, then bubble up with clear liquid inside, then when I scratch it it bruises.... started on my arms then my shoulders then my inner thighs... doc don't  know what it is.... it iches more at night... or when I get hot....
Has anyone found out what this is? Lots of people having identical symptoms, but no one comes back to tell us any results... Anyone?
Did you find out what it was?
Did you ever find out what it was?
Did you ever find out what it was?
Hi guys I also have this same problem. I have not year figured out what it is but I found a method that will relieve you of the itch, help the rash disappear faster and help stop its spread. Your not going to like this. What I have found works the best is scorching the spots with hot water. When the hot water hits it it will make it itch right away but after the heat begins to penetrate the area you will feel the pain of the hot water. At that point remove the area from the hot water. The itch will instantly be soothed. Remember to do this at your on risk. You do have to use pretty hot water so if you don't think you cannot handle the pain from the hot water please do not do this. I have also noticed that icing the effected areas with sooth the itch as well. But the scorching of the area with hot water will cause the rash to disappear much faster and prevent spreading. I am not a doctor I just have this issue and experimented with a remedy. I hope this helps everyone it has been a great help to me in removing this rash from my body and an amazing relief from the itch. One last thing in a few spots the rash returned after a few weeks/days but in a much less aggressive way and was easily cleared away with the same procedure of scorching the effected area with hot water.
One more thing. This treatment is not an instant cure. Scorch the area when ever it itches. I have noticed that it will clear up after doing this treatment for a few days.
Meralgia paresthetica Definition : Meralgia parestheticaMeralgia paresthetica is a condition characterized by tingling, numbness and burning pain in the outer part of your thigh. The cause of meralgia paresthetica is compression of the nerve that supplies sensation to the skin surface of your thigh. Tight clo ...View
Burning thigh pain Definition : Meralgia parestheticaMeralgia paresthetica is a condition characterized by tingling, numbness and burning pain in the outer part of your thigh. The cause of meralgia paresthetica is compression of the nerve that supplies sensation to the skin surface of your thigh.
Has anyone gotten tested for West Nile? I have been having similar issues and one doctor suggested that it could possibly be from West Nile and that I should go get blood work. When I went to the second doctor he said that it couldnt be West Nile because I didn't have flu symptoms which I told him I did have signs earlier in the week and he had said it was maybe scabies which I know that is not scabies because my daughter and husband would of had signs of a rash because it is so highly contagious.
I have the same thing, have developed rashes all over my body with diffrent sizes, I did not do anything about it for about 2 weeks thinking thatbit will just be gone on its own but nothing happenned, then I took claritin fot it and in 1 week of claritin it almost cleared up, but leaving a dark colored skin, I thought it became scars, but when I took hot shower doea rashes came back at the spot that looks looks like bruises already, what I did is I apply hot compress to it and it seems that it is helping, but the tjing is I also dont know where this rashes came from, I travel a lot from One country to another because I work on a ship, hopefully somebody can figure what is going on with us.
I have the rash , bumps and purple/red  patches on the inside at the top of both legs. I have been getting a little relief by spraying the area with an Eucalyptus Spray.
I am  Australian and Eucalyptus Oil is used as a Antiseptic for cuts, bites or Muscular Arches Pains , it is widely used  here in Australia and maybe not be available in other Countries
I Have had the same symptoms - hives, starting on my inner thighs adn spreading - very itchy and then turning into little bruises.  I was prescribed antihistamines but they dont help.

I thought back about when it happened and did a bit of research - I had a copper IUD (Coil) fitted a week before and this can cause it - allergic reaction

I'm getting it removed asap
Just to let anyone know,  who is reading this thread,  you are not alone. I  began having an itch on my right  thigh about a month ago,  which quickly developed into a large itchy rash with bruising in the center. It has since spread to both legs,  front and back of my thighs,  shins and calves,  the top of my feet  around  my ankles,  beneath my armpits on my trunk,  and along the underside of both arms.

Now there is bruising  in places on my legs,  mostly on the inner thigh/ hip area.

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago,  was prescribed lotrimin  cream, 4  tablets of an oral steroid,  and an antibiotic to reduce the risk of a secondary infection from open wounds (which I  didn't have,  just  precautionary).  As with a previous poster, after a few days of the steroids,  the rash appeared to be receding  and I thought I was in the clear... it returned with a vengeance within a day after it seemed to get better.  After that, I decided  that I should just make the best possible effort to stop scratching and see if it went away.

I used  several types of antihistamine ( topical and oral)  and other creams,  which helped alleviate itching briefly.  This is the third day.  The rash discoloration has been reduced  in intensity,  it still remains itchy but less so.  There are tiny bumps along the underside of my arms now,  and I've only noticed the small bruises  within the last couple of days.

I don't have insurance so I don't intend to waste a bunch of money to have the doctors tell me the exact same things that are being reported here. I wonder if there is something to this notion of increased metal toxicity? I live in Colorado.

If anyone has found any more information about this condition,  PLEASE post.  This sounds like a larger issue.

Also note:  doctor  suggested a gluten allergy as well,  which he indicated has been on the rise due to increasing prevalence of  GMOs in foods.  Since a previous poster said the same,  this could either be a possibility... or just an indication that  gluten  and GMOs  are the new catch- all  diagnosis.

I will be checking back here soon.
I also meant to add that  the hot water trick does seem to help eliminate or alleviate the itching.  I did it this morning and haven't really been itchy at all today.
i live in north dakota, havent traveled at all for it to be tropical...i can deal with the itching but my friends are saying they think it could be cat scratch(i doubt it because it doesn't look or start out like that) mine started as what i thought was a skeeter bite itched it then 2 more, one on my side above my hip, another same side right by my bra line, and the last was the side of my arm pit, all on the left side. then my legs 4 on both of them in the back were my knee bends and on the right i have one on my calf and one above my ankle, one on my butt cheek, other more inwards, then 2 on the inside one next to my underwear line the other about an inch away. they all looked like skeeter bites but waaay bigger now they've all bruised. my mom and husband are worried neither of them have it we thought it was a spider but now are unsure as they keep coming. if anyone want a picture i have on of my legs of what the bruises look like my email is ***@****
I have had this and I did I get its looked at. It's scabies.
I have the rash and bruising went to urgent care she gave me Cortizone  tablets with Benadril prescription form. Let me tell you the Cortizone tablets relieves the itching. My Dr is doing the same thing as every other doctor and doing allergy test. Going to ask him to test me for Lupus and Leukemia and everything else they can test me for. I will update as I get news
Did anyone ever find out what is causing this and how to get rid of it? I have the exact same symptoms as everyone else, inner thigh, inner upper arms, left side of stomach and lower stomach beneath belly button. Am itching and bruising in all these places. Haven't been to dr yet. Oh, it's also on my buttocks at the panty line
Did u ever get an answer to ur condition, I have the exact same thing happening to me right now that everyone else on here has posted.
I'm not sure if I have the exact same thing as all of you, but my symptoms are a bit similar. Like a lot of you, I've been doing some research of my own on the internet. I came across a rash description that closely matches most of the symptoms everyone is having and a photo (for those who wanted one). The name of the rash is "Lichen Planus". Its on the Mayo Clinic's website. I came across it by looking at a slide show that they have of "common skin rashes". Unfortunately, this is not what my rash looks like, so I guess I need to keep looking. I'm not sure if this is what all of you may have, but I thought I would at least share the information. I hope it helps. :)
I also have had this off and on for about 5 years now... The only thing that offers any kind of relief is the doctor puts me on a round of prednisone  (sorry if spelling is wrong) have not yet found what it is:(
hi misty i have had this for 5-6 nonths i treated myself for scabbies maybe i should have had 2 treatments have been on different pills and creams changed my detergents for clothes no change then put on predisone 8 tablets for 4 days helped some but no better since off them going to dr mon would love to get a cure i am not good at the internet but please get in touch thanks from pei canada only changes got a different car used chair person had dogs and a partial plate with metal hooks onto my teeth  june
hello i have simular priblem   i ihave it over my buttocks / back/  and all over my feet been 3 times to  docs  gave me steroid cream  each time a stronger one  and its still there she said it was a fungle ... had it  for 6/8 weeks now  ,its driving me mad .with the itching worse on my back and feet
forgot to mention  ive been using a barrier cream  CAVILON  whitch helps  the itch today has been itch free .. fingers x im from teeside england
i am 24 i 2 have the same thing on my legs ive gt 3 different spots all red rashy and bruised well worried about it as its never happened be4 i thought it was natbite at first but thay dnt look how my natbite normally look as any1 found out wht causes it :) x
On Friday 9/27/2013 around 2pm in Florida -- doing yard work all morning -- noticed upper left arm bicep had five or six blue spots.  I thought I had rubbed up against a bag of mulch and the ink had rubbed off or something.  I scrubbed these spots in the shower -- they turned red and I noticed a bite mark in one of the spots -- mosquito, mite, maybe a spider bite?   I cleaned the area, patted it dry and applied Neosporin (has 4 antibiotics).  Three days now and the bruising is almost completely disappeared.  But now there is a rash in that same area, and I'm alternating between the Neosporin and the mornings and Cortaid (1 percent hydrocortisone) cream in the afternoons, washing the area with warm water and soap prior to each application.  Seems to be helping.   Read about possibility of it being fungal?   If it doesn't get better in a week, then I'll try Tinactin fungal (foot cream used for atheletes foot).
Okay, it has been five days now, and I've stopped using the Hydrocortizone cream--it alleviated the itching, but didn't improve the condition.  The washing with warm soapy water and applying the Neosporin cream 3 times a day, has reduced the rash by one-half the area on my bicep.  Also, almost all of the bruising is now gone.
Hey there,

I'm 23 living in queensland, Australia. When I was 10 my mother's partner threw me into the boat harbour and I had to climb up onto a pontoon to get out, when I was pulling myself out my thighs got scratched on barnacles that were on the pontoon. That night I didn't sleep I was scratching my thighs all night, when I got up in the morning to get ready for school I seen millions of little hives on both of my thighs, I showed mum she kinda freaked out but said not to worry and go to school. It continued to be itchy but I refrained from scratching. It turned from millions of hives to a big red rash on both legs, a few days later it then turned into a blue/purple/black rash on both thighs. Mum then decided it was time to take me to the doctor, he prescribed me medication and it was gone within a couple of days.
Wow, I am with you all.  The itching is all over now and driving me insane.  The only thing that helps to this point is ice packs.  Since the rash is an inflammation response and heat causes inflammation, ice was the best for me. I have seen numerous doctors and LOTS of tests.  I do have Sarcoidosis but the bruises and itching and rash remain a mystery.  I need help and don't know where to go now.  (I do have celiac and am gluten free). Any cure out there?
I to have had little red look like bug bites. Thinking at one point it was bed bugs, but i just keep itching. When the itching starts i cant stop. Leaving bruises wherever i itch, on my legs, arms, stomach, buttocks, middle of my breast. Why is this? It seems to be an out of this world experience. This worries me a great deal. Plse help with answers.
I had the same thing. spent a ton of money for bed bug extermination when none were actually spotted. ( the dog just sniffed at one bed, don't believe it by now) Doc gave me permethrin 5% for scabies. So far me and my partner are still itching but did the cream a couple of days ago and it can take a month for scabies to heal after the cream therefore I'm still optimistic.  I'm itching exactly where everyone on this forum is and got black and blue marks on my inner thighs (I'm pregnant). Hope this helps
I am having the exact same symptoms.  I spent hours searching internet and pictures to find something like it but had no luck.  Very frustrating!  The bruising is just so strange and unsettling.
My three year old has had the same condition in the last few weeks. Have any of you guys noticed any jet planes over your areas latley? My child and my neighbors two children started with these syptoms (symptoms) a few days after numerous jets were seen over our area with what looked likechem trils being left behind to drift into the air. One of my Doctors even went so far as to suspect child abuse on myself and my neighbor... I was livid with anger.
Has anyone been tested for Crohn's Disease or colitis ? I have the rash, bruising , and ITCHING !!!! I also have Crohn's and Colitis. Doing some research for the rash I found both of these diseases causes rashes, bruises and itching. I am also  gluten intolerance . That also causes the rash ect...
Good Luck to you all !
Red little spots that look like insect bugs. In a few days they look like fading old bruises, and they migrate on the skin. I have them on my torso and belly, spreading over the inner arms. The dermatologist gave me cortisone pills and cream, yet have to try them. Please anyone that knows what this could be, please share. It is very uncomfortable and weird. I have great health otherwise. Thanks.
Why is no one sharing a remedy that actually works here? Shouldn't the government be noticing this? BTW I live in Missouri, USA
And the medication was…?
Same here been going on for over 6 months I thought it was hay fever but as we are almost at the end of November it seems it's not so I am seeing the doctor on Monday in the mean time I take anti histamine a which stops the rash and the itching for a day
ok everyone  panic over , i have the same rash  have had it since coming back from spain in july , doc now tells me its scabies , on tretment  so will keep you posted
Hey I have the same thing happening, and my doctor said I might have a skin infection from bacteria (personally I got it from a hot tub having leaves aka algae in it). Its called folliculitis, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_tub_folliculitis to see if your symptoms are similar!
Hi yes I have the same on my outer thigs, I am from Newcastle and I am very worried what this could be. would you consider me to go and see my doctor?
I have been inching for days now and I though it was bed bug bites! these red ishy spots have went into loads of blochy bruises, I am very worried and I am wondering what this could be?
I have this also,starts with a little ping feeling like when they pop up,It hates heat,extreme x2 itchy,the bumps are small,but the red patch in the beginning is larger and not raised. I have tried everything to stop this,even putting apple cider vinegar,nothing helps its insane.
I have Lupus and going through that horrible rash.  Have you been tested for Lupus one of the many rashes that are related to Lupus. It is a simple blood test. If no one has an answer it can't hurt.
I have same issue, too. It started on a vacation to Florida. I had run a race and had to jump off to pee in the bushes. I thought maybe I got bit by something or a rash from a plant but no blistering. Then I thought it might be bed bugs but it doesn't explain the growing bruised area. I keep getting net itchy bites since I have been home but they aren't bruising up like the first. neither my husband or son who travelled with me have these symptoms. I was on antibiotics during the trip for a sinus infection.
  the rash and the awful itching.. this helps  stops the itch and eases the rash its    DERMAVATE from the doctors its really helped mine ..but the doctor  still dont know what has started it , or where it came from ,,, just know the  cream helps a lot..
Anyone receives a diagnosis!!??
To Make a LONG story short... I have the EXACT same thing as everyone else on here and I have had it for about 4 months. It is absolutely horrible. Almost feels like something is crawling in your skin. After reading all these posts, I am going to call doctor to be tested for Lupis just to make sure. But This is CRAZY.... If anyone know what this may be let me know... 760-831-1150 I'm going nuts.
I have "the rash" too.  For 2 yrs on the inside of my upper arms and now bend of elbow, behind knees, wrists, forearms, thighs and abdomen.  My doctor told me the reaction was coming from the inside out so there isn't a topical solution only a topic relief.  A steroid pak worked until 3 days after I finished the meds and I was back in the same position.  Spray sunburn relief with lidocaine is very comforting.  Antihistamines don't work at all.  I did find, on line, something call "atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome.  I am pretty cleared up right now but I take cool showers and cover myself with unscented lotion mixed with baby oil.  I wear long sleeves and sweats while it soaks in.  It has helped
i have been getting the same thing for awhile, recently it has been on the back of my upper leg, my knee my lower back. it seems like it itches bad so i use cortizone cream that helps for awhile, then it starts itching bad again, after awhile it turns into brownish bruises too. i also have found relief when i take white vinager and soak apiece of gauze in it and hold it there for a bit. it seems to draw out the itch, anyway hope we find out soon whats goin on.
I too had this.  No doctor could tell  me what it is.  My theory:  Some type of mite that gets under the skin.  The hot water treatment kills them.  A better option is Blue Star Ointment.  When you first put it on it itches worse for a few minutes because they are trying to get out from under the ointment, but they soon die.  Bruises go away in a few days.  Worked for me. I also washed ALL bedding in very HOT water.  
Hello, I'm suffering from the same rash. Had it for almost two months now, started off with 3 small bumps on my stomach, now it's all over my body, especially worse in the folds of my skin & gets worse at night - so much so I'm getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. I know it's not contagious because my partner doesn't have it.
I don't think it's an allergy because I've never had an allergy in my life, already changed my washing powder 3 times and my soap, and antihistamines aren't working.
After doing some research I have a feeling it might be "pityriasis rosea" - no cure no cause yet. Will go to the doctors one day this week because it's driving me crazy. I'm from a England but I'm in New Zealand currently on a working holiday . Will post again if I have any updates.
There are also bruises all over my thighs but I reckon that's from scratching.
Hi there,

I've heard that zinc can mitigate some kind of allergies.
If there is someone who has no idea what else he/she can do, u should try it!
Hi! Im 18 yo still studying in college. I live a hectic day by day situation. Every week I go to gym to box and work out. I drink coffee and smoke a lot. I always sleep late. I live in the Philippines particularly in Manila.

And I happen to have this thing going on right now. The last time I boxed is on Monday Sept 15, 2014, I ate at a cheap stall, had a milk tea and smoke some ciggs. When I got home, by night I sudden feel that itchy feeling on my right thigh. First I though it was just because of our sofa so i put alcohol on that rash. It grew and scattered as I scratch them.

Then i tried to sleep because i thought it might wore off when i wake up. But i was wrong, it only got worse. I felt like i didnt even slept. My whole left thigh was like a big bump and it was thick, my right thigh has some bumps too. They were like the size of my fist. Then morning before noon i took i hot bath. It did well on the itch, but after the bath i put alcohol to all just in case. Then the itch ran out.When i was in school that afternoon it really feels like nothing. But then out of nowhere i felt an itch, i started to scratch it then damn it grew again but now they were on my arms. My skin started to form blood dots on my skin and rashes too. I put alot of alcohol then the itch stopped for a while.

I bought anti histamine that night and took one. The itch never came back. But the morning I wake up, i got big bruises all over my thighs. And as the moment i am typing this, i have like 4 huge bruises and now they are color violet and some small bruises around my legs.

I am planning to see a doctor this Thursday and i was hoping to see something here but seems like everyone even the doctors in your country cant seem to know the cause. Maybe we should send an email to WHO about this? I dont know, i am just scared at the moment.
you all have SCABIES. seriously look it up. My own doctor didn't even believe me!! I had the same issues after a trip to mexico. theyre disgusting and the only way to get rid of them is by getting an RX for permethrin cream. Make sure you do your research and insist to your DR. Otherwise they just pass it off as "dermatitis" and you go months undiagnosed with no relief.

Hope this helps.
you have scabies!!
I too have this rash.  It started out as what looked like bug bites on my finger, upper leg, and under by breast.  On my hands it multiplied into clusters of tiny blisters, and on my body the spots grew to approx 3 inch by 1.5inch (almost like a hive) and they became very dry.  It itched terribly, hydrocortizone and calamine lotion gave little relief. I went to the doctors 4 times in 2 wks.  I was treated for a fungal infection, then scabies, and had blood tests.  I was never given a diagnosis.  I was told only to shower in warm water, not hot, as it could aggravate the rash.  I was also told to use Aquaphor ointment (which has worked wonders).  I believe (my own diagnosis) the body rash is atopic eczema, and the hands dyshidrotic eczema.  It's been about a month, I use the Aquaphor daily, and things are getting better. Although I have bruising all over.
Washington State. My daughter was wild mushroom picking and the next day came this same rash. She is loosing her mind from the itching and steriods, Now she has those bruises all over her legs. I am worried sick about her. How can no one know what this is?  Any info?