Allergy Community
Itchy blisters on fingers and toes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itchy blisters on fingers and toes

Up date to everyone who viewed my nasty toes posting. I figured out it was poison oak on my feet and hands that began to spread up my lower legs and my forearms before I got a handle on it. I never got to go to a doctor because most doctors in my area don't accept my state insurance. So that being said I used Calamine lotion and Tea Tree Oil if the itching got really bad. Don't mix them if you try this. First see if the Calamine does the trick before resorting to the Tea Tree Oil. Good Luck to anyone that may be suffering from this, don't worry you can get rid of it!!!!

The rash that results from the poison plants is a form of allergic contact dermatitis. Symptoms include redness and itching of the skin, development of rash and sometimes development of blisters from rash.

Once it begins, the rash will usually clear on its own by 14-21 days. Treatment is directed at controlling the itching. You may also take oral antihistaminics like benadryl or zyrtec. Applying calamine lotion will have a soothing effect on the skin. You can also apply OTC steroid cream but it is only helpful if applied right away, before blisters appear, or much later, when the blisters have dried up. Compresses with cool water or Burrow’s solution (available without prescription) can help dry the ooze faster.

Pls remember that severe cases or worsening of symptoms may need oral steroids. But they are available only on prescription. So if the symptoms become severe then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.