Allergy Community
Ive been waking up in the middle of the night short of breath. Followed...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Ive been waking up in the middle of the night short of breath. Followed by a slight cough.

For the past 6 months or so I've woken in the middle of the night feeling short of breath. I'm not gasping for air.. it just feels light im breathing deep and short of air. This is followed by a slight cough.. and it seems like I'm clearing stuff out with that. And this only happens every few weeks or so it seems like. Do you think I have a slight case of Asthma?
sounds a little like acid reflux. r u eating late? if it is acid reflux, the cough may be from acid asperating into your wind pipe thus causing the need to cough. Watch out for eating right before you lay down and prop your head up with an extra pillow to see if that helps.
Or it could be sleep apnea.
Hi and welcome to the community.

There are many possible causes for this acid reflux, asthma, and sleep apnea are among them.  You need to see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.  Some of the causes are dangerous and require propper treatment.

Take care and God bless.