Allergy Community
Leg Hot Spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Leg Hot Spot

I am 30 years old and I have been getting a quick hot spot on my right leg just about calf level towards the outside of my leg.  I recently have been going to the gym and using the eliptical machine.  Can this be an injury?  I do have Raunds desease in my right toe as well.  Should I be concerend with this quick hot spot.  It happens like 3-4 times a day.  No redness to the skin just gets really hot in a certain spot and last about 10 seconds and then goes away.  There is no bumps, no bruising....Could it be dehydration? Clot?    Thank you for your time.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Raynaud's disease ( I'm pretty sure that's what you meant) is a ciculation disorder.
There's a  possibility it is connected to the "hot spot" on your leg.
Please post in the Alternative Therapies Community for some holistic suggestions that may be helpful.
Blessings
Nikodicreta
Hi, the warm spots are usually seen in infection like Cellulitis but seems to be unlikely in your case. As in this condition there is marked sore swelling and skin is warm to touch. The other possibilities are deep vein thrombosis (DVT), superficial thrombophlebitis, venous valvular insufficiency and Lymphedema. Even there can be possibility of cholinergic urticaria.

To rule out DVT contrast venography, compression ultrasonography or D-dimer testing can be used. Anti-coagulants are used in case of DVT. Cellulitis should be immediately managed by appropriate antibiotic. I suggest you to consult surgeon for further evaluation and treatment options. Take care and regards.