Allergy Community
Loss of sense of smell and tase

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Loss of sense of smell and tase

I lost my sense of smell and taste following a bad throat infection which i was on amoxicillian for - about 6 months ago - is this normal and will it return - if senses were on a scal of 0-100 i would say i can only smell something over 50% and some smells all smell the same like hops?????? is this weird
Welcome to the forum!
Temporary loss of smell and taste occurs after upper respiratory infection and a course of antibiotic. Take steam, citrus fruits, multivitamins for a few days. With time the smell and taste will come back.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Avatar n tn
i spray some airfreshner and every sense i can`t taste or smell. Had a catscan. everything smell the same. I do not what to do anymore.
Took advair puffer for a cold last night, prescribed by my doctor for wheezing in my chest.  I have had an annoying cough for about a month.  I'm 37 and relatively healthy.  After taking the puffer last night and this morning, I seem to have lost most of my sense of taste and smell.  Is this normal?  Should I stop taking the puffer?