Allergy Community
Lost,Not knowing what it could be

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Lost,Not knowing what it could be

I have trouble getting a breath and my chest gets tight,especially when im in cold weather or if im in a warm shower it tightens my chest. Doctors said they believe its asthma,but inhalers dont work for me. I am using Dulera and Albuterol. Any other ideas on what this could be?
Hi Kelly! I have the same problem you have. Exactly the same.I am an ankylosing spondyloarhtritis patient too. I met a pulmonologist for this prblm. He too said it is because of asthma and also because I have AS. He suggested inhaler i.e seretide 500mg 2 puffs daily. But he told me that I have to use it regularly to get the maximum benefit.
So try using the inhalet regularly if u r not using it so. But if you r using it and not getting the benefit, go to the doctor and tell him so that he can change the inhaler. Also if you have too much of stress, breathlessness can be there. So take care. Bye
Thank you for your input,what exactly is AS? My one inhaler i use Albuterol 2 puffs every 4 hours and my dulera is 2 puffs every 12 hours. Albuterol makes me shaky for hours,I hate the way it makes me feel.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be that the dosage or the inhalers used are inadequate to control your symptoms. I suggest you consult your doctor for a re assessment. Also, the technique to use inhalers should be properly adhered to.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.