Allergy Community
Lymphoma or allergic reaction to Altace?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

My husband has been taking Altace for about ten years.  He is now taking a daily 5mg dose and his BP is under control.  He is also taking 40 mg of Lipitor daily. Yesterday I brought him to the ER with a severe red bumpy body rash from face to toes. Also- lips, eyes, joints were swollen. Shallow breathing.  NOTE: his hemoglobin was checked and was 20 at this time. After giving him adrenaline, benedryl, cortizone, oxygen and prednizone tablet symptoms subsided. He was released.  Less than 3 hours later he was back in the Er with same symptoms but more severe! Again, the cycle of drugs was given and symptoms subsided.  Same Doctor said during both ER visits that this could be an idiosyncratic reaction to the Altace.  My husband's internist was not available. His associate was called and he said could be much more serious- lymphoma for example. He admitted my husband for observation. Which diagnosis is more probable??
What was the outcome? I'd say it was the medication.