Allergy Community
Mass in cheeks that won't go away

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Mass in cheeks that won't go away

i have been having some pretty serious symptoms (that could or could not be related to my food allergy's) and have gotten no answers from doctors so i figured i'd see if anyone here could help me out.

I have two masses in my cheeks of either side of my lips, i don't think its swelling because they seem to be different sizes and have different placement, but they sort of blend with my face (looks more like i just have extremely protruding lips than a mass) and if you don't know how i normally look its easy to assume that i'm just really ugly and nothings there (which is what the doctors did). i have also been having to urinate really frequently, waking up several times in a night to go to the bathroom sometimes. i started noticing both these things at relatively the same time even though they seem unrelated.

a few other things i should mention, when i get a allergic reaction my face usually puffs up but goes back down with some antihistamine and cold water, said masses do not, and if i am not constantly eating i start to lose muscle extremely quickly, like in the space of one night, this happens if i even miss one meal. i have been told this is just my metabolism (18 year old boy), but it seems a bit extreme to me. The only thing the doctor did for me was run a urine test which came back clean (no std's or diabetes) so even some suggestions on things to ask the doctor to do for me when i make another appointment will be very helpful.

will update with pics as soon as i find my usb cable.

edit; i just did some more research while waiting to post this, and alot of my symptoms point to a parasite in my face, and now that i think about it we can add tingling/crawling sensation in my face (i thought this was just the feeling of my muscle being eaten away) and hemorrhoids (had suffered from these before and just asummed it was a resurgence due to lack of sleep/being rundown) to the list. also this all started after i returned from an overseas trip to england, so is a parasite likley? what can i do about it if it is?