Allergy Community
Mold allergy causing my tingling and weakness?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hoping someone can give me some thoughts on this!

I have been having dizziness, tingling in my arms, legs and face, profound weakness in my legs, changes in my menstral cycle and cognitive issues. Neuro has found nothing so far.

I had read about mold causing issues such as this, and I decided to have our house tested. The 'old guy did a quick walk through (no testing) and said we have A LOT of mold. He said there was no such thing as "toxic" mold, and that mold was only "toxic" if a person is allergic to it. He suggested I see an allergist right away and find out if and what kind s of mold I was allergic to, and we would decide how aggressively to treat the mold or if we needed to move out, etc. From there.

Today, I went for my first allergy test ever. I was allergic to all of the molds I was tested for. I was actually allergic to 59 of the 62 things I was tested for. (Funny, because other than a little sneezing and sinus infections I don't have allergy symptoms) The allergist said that it is unlikely that any mold would cause any symptoms like the ones I was having. He did say there was a such thing as toxic mold and I should get the mold tested. He also suggested I leave my house for a few weeks and see if I feel better. If I do, it could be the allergies in my home not only mold, but my dog, etc  (Kinda hard with 4 kids, but I'm trying to figure it out)

I have read and re-read serveral websites and pieces of literature about "mold poisoning" and I am STILL unsure!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
You might be interested in this site:
http://www.moldtc.com/