Allergy Community
Morning Sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Morning Sweats

I have developed a problem of really heavy sweating, which generally occurs approximately 20 minutes after eating my breakfast in the morning. I usually have cereal, such as cornflakes, rice crispies or porridge, a glass of orange juice and a cup of tea. I then get the train into work, a journey which takes around 30 minutes.
The problem is usually a lot worse if i have been to the gym the night before. It then leads to me becoming embarrassed and more anxious on the train, as the rest of the commuters sit in comfort, i have sweat dripping off the end of my nose and down my forehead. Weirdly, the problem doesnt seem to occur if have consumed alcohol the night before. It also doesnt seem to occur at any other time of the day.
I generally try to eat well, and moderate my alcohol consumption, but am wondering if i may have an allergy to wheat or some of the other food produce contained in breakfast cereals?
I am now considering going to see a nutritionist to get some advice but thought i'd ask on this website first as its becoming quite embarrassing in the mornings.

You could probably be having allergy to some wheat cereal. What you could do is try to avoid wheat based cereals for a few days from your breakfast and see if that helps.

But if it is wheat allergy, it should be occuring at other times of the day too, when you consume wheat foods.

You could see an allergy specialist and get a proper evaluation done.

Do let us know what the doctor advises.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.