Allergy Community
Mosquito Bites

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Mosquito Bites

My daughter was the recipient of several mosquito bites last Friday (SEP 18). She does have reactions to insect bites with redness and swelling, especially mosquitos. These bites at first did not seem any different than ones she had gotten before except by Saturday night 3 of the bites on the upper left thigh had joined together to appear to look like one gigantic bite with high fever (to the touch) as well as high fever for her (102.3). The other bites had high fever and were getting larger as well. She complained that when she walked her legs hurt and she also developed a cough and became lightheaded and complaines of a headach when she coughs and a scratchy throat. The symptoms may not have anything to do with each other, but it is now Monday and the bites are turning purple and very hard and tender to the touch. Her temerature has jumped up and down and is now back up to 102.1. The bites also still have fever, but not like they were on Saturday. What would cause this and should I get her to the doctor ASAP? She is allergic to bee stings and has to keep an EPI pen. Her doctors office was closed today due to the flooding and power outages or I would have taken her to her pediatrician. Thank you in advance for any advice given.