Allergy Community
Mucus Seal in Sinus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Mucus Seal in Sinus

My seven year old son recently found out that he has a mucus seal in his ethnoid sinus and a mass on his sphnoid bone.  The doctor's say that the bone mass is not causing his headache's (which he's had for about 6 months) and that it appears non-growing and benign.  They suggest that the mass be monitored on a yearly basis.  That seems like a long time to me.  My questions is about the mucus seal which they think is causing his pain.  Should it be removed?  Could it be caused by his continual use of Nasanex and/or Pulmacort (he has asthma and allergies)?  My doctor has suggested that he see an ENT (which I am schedule to do weeks from now).  Should I be trying to get him seen earlier?  Everyone feels that this is not a serious issue, but in the meantime my son is suffering from daily and constant headaches and nasal congestion.