Allergy Community
Mucus Tinitus Seasonal Allergy Rhinitus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Mucus Tinitus Seasonal Allergy Rhinitus

I'm taking Loratadine and Saline Nasal Spray. My ears are ringing supposedly because of the mucous. Will the mucous release or go away to stop the tinitus.? Any advise? I've never experienced any thing like this. My other 2 brothers have allergy symptoms also.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Looks like the allergic rhinitis has  progressed to a throat infection as well. There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears and the resultant sounds. This can also result in infection of the ears. Consult your primary care physician who will do blood tests and take a throat swab to determine the cause and prescribe appropriate medications. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations and salt water gargles can help. Take (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.